Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.7

on 12/11/2017 8:39:00 PM

great product.
i was recommended this project by my doctor a few months ago for my acne and im incredibly happy with the results.
first of all, its an incredible value, i payed i think 15 dollars (Canadian) for this large container, it has an unoffensive barely there scent and doesnt irritate my sensitive skin. it also really helped with my acne without stripping my skin so thorougly of oils it feels tight. its excellent for removing makeup as well.
so overall the pros and cons are:
pros
unoffensive smell
good value
works well on sensitive skin
does'nt dry out skin
works well on acne prone skin
can be used to remove makeup

cons
not a super pretty bottle
so in conclusion i would absolutely recommend buying this, as its cheap and works well on all skin types.

on 10/22/2017 3:52:00 PM

I rarely review skin care or cleanser for that matter, but since I really didn't had a good experience with this product I thought I could leave my thoughts here.

I have acne pretty easily sadly, after seeing adds of this product and so many reviews of people enjoying it I choosed to give it a go.
I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I used it for more than 6 months because I really wanted to give it a solid try, but this product only gave me more acne and made my skin even more sensitive. After stopping using it I started to have less acne and my skin came back to normal.

So, maybe it's because I have a combo skin type that it didn't worked for me.
But over all I do not recomend it, and I wil certainly not buy it again!

on 8/25/2017 3:04:00 AM

So, I bought this because my friend told me it's the best thing ever for acne and that it helped her a lot but it didn't do anything for me. At the same time, it didn't make me break out but it didn't help with my oiliness or skin. It's an average cleanser. It's good for if you need something gentle but if you're looking for something to help your skin I wouldn't really recommend it. (My skin is combination oily)

Pros: No Smell
Very light/gentle
Affordable price

Cons: Doesn't really help your skin
There's other cleansers on the market for the same price range that do more

on 7/23/2016 10:43:00 PM

Holy grail cleanser. It is very moisturizing and makes my skin feel so soft. I love how gentle it is.

I love this cleanser. I have fairly sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it what so ever. I also suffer from mild acne and this has helped to clear it up dramatically. I would recommend this to anyone, because anyone can use it. Overall it is one of the best cleansers I have used in a while and I don't see myself giving it up anytime soon.

I'm not sure if its just me who feels like this with this product, i have combination skin i've been using this for about two weeks now, but i don't feel like this product has made a change at all to my skin, if anything i have appeared in more spots etc than before when i wasn't using it.

however i am going to give it another go and see weather i find it any better.
As there are a lot of good reviews on it. so shall try again.

although the ingredient list of this product is simple, the ingredients are questionable. SLS? completely throws your skin's pH off balance and strips your skin of all its natural oils. it could also be an irritant.

and not one but THREE PARABENS???? we all know that parabens have been linked to cancer. plus parabens are easily absorbed into our skin.

After doing some research I realised Propylene Glycol could have been what triggered the WORST (up til now) eczema case. I've never had my eczema been so awful before. it was so bad that I could not even walk with the back of my knee (one of my major eczema zones) straight. I had to bend it slightly or it would be painful. I have been using this product for my face for a year now and it worked alright (except clogging my pores, which I only realised a long time after, and I now have an awful ton of skin-coloured bumps which only occured after using it. p.s I did not use ANY other product on my face AT ALL other than this cleanser at that point of time. nothing else could have caused that) and I figured it would work well for my body as well. I have NEVER had eczema in other zones other than the joint areas (arms and legs) but now its spread to so many other areas!!

according to truthinaging: Patients with eczema should use products containing Propylene Glycol with caution, as the incidence of allergic contact dermatitis to propylene glycol may be greater than 2% in patients with eczema (Wikipedia). IF YOU HAVE ECZEMA I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO USE THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL LIKELY END UP WITH AN ECZEMA OUTBREAK!
also: Propylene Glycol is classified as an irritant by the National Library of Medicine, and the Material Safety Data Sheet lists it as a sensitizer that is slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant, permeator) or eye contact

this self-proclaimed "gentle and non-irritating" product does not live up to its claim. oh and the primary reason that it is 'dermatologists recommended' is because makers of Cetaphil ship thousands of samples to dermatologists across the land, making that recommendation easy (source: practicalskintuition)

on 1/2/2016 5:47:00 AM

onto my second bottle. gentle, does not irritate, great for oily skin

on 9/28/2015 7:21:00 PM

It's a nice product to use it's soft and doesn't writ ate my skin. I usually use it in the shower. My face feels soft after using it and I usually don't apply a moisturizer after it. I don't see that much diffrence in my face from using it but it doesn't harm my face so I suggest using it but also have a separate cleanser if you have pretty bad acne

on 9/7/2015 8:38:00 AM

I dont know but this thing clocked my pore and broke me out badly. I started this product and hoped it would improve my acne prone skin but it just made my skin even worse and hurt. Eversince i stoped using this my skin is feeling better though acne doesnt seem to go away but it has started healing. I would never want to recommend this to anyone or ever want to try this shit again.