Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

1985 reviews

on 10/22/2017 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I rarely review skin care or cleanser for that matter, but since I really didn't had a good experience with this product I thought I could leave my thoughts here.

I have acne pretty easily sadly, after seeing adds of this product and so many reviews of people enjoying it I choosed to give it a go.
I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I used it for more than 6 months because I really wanted to give it a solid try, but this product only gave me more acne and made my skin even more sensitive. After stopping using it I started to have less acne and my skin came back to normal.

So, maybe it's because I have a combo skin type that it didn't worked for me.
But over all I do not recomend it, and I wil certainly not buy it again!

I use this as my morning cleanser and it is my holy grail cleanser before I apply makeup. It does not dry up my already dry skin and is amazing at leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed when I start the day. I don't use it as a makeup remover nor a night cleanser but when I use it in the morning, I am in love.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser is very okay. I don't think it is special, but it isn't supposed to have a lot of frills. It is very gentle, so if you need something for very sensitive skin, rosacea, a bad sunburn, etc then this is good for that when used with warm water. However, when used this way, it did leave my skin a little greasy. I think it is best as a makeup remover (applied to dry skin and wiped away with a dry cloth/cotton pad/etc) and followed by another cleanser, especially if you have oily or problem skin. For my own personal preference I would prefer to use a gentle cleanser that also does remove makeup since over-cleansing can be very drying and irritating to my skin, especially if I am having issues with rosacea. I don't think I would repurchase it at this time.

on 8/29/2017 8:20:00 PM

Normal to oily skinned people, buy Cetaphil's other cleanser. For my normal skin, this gentle skin cleanser only works to move around the oil on my face, even in the winter time when my skin is the "driest."

on 8/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

one of my fave cleansers of all time! even bets some high end I've tried. I find it hard to find a good cleanser for my combo skin, this is one of the few I'm in love with!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a nice gentle cleanser. Now that I'm in my 30s I'm over the super foamy harsh stripping cleansers from my teen years for good. I want to treat my skin with kid gloves now. This removes excess oil and makeup at the end of the day and can be used in every season without overdrying. But I do use Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad first so that I get every ounce of makeup off. The combination of these 2 products makes my skin baby soft!!! I highly recommend them both together. In the morning, I rinse again with Cetaphil alone to keep my oily skin at bay and it works to keep it balanced.

on 8/25/2017 3:04:00 AM

So, I bought this because my friend told me it's the best thing ever for acne and that it helped her a lot but it didn't do anything for me. At the same time, it didn't make me break out but it didn't help with my oiliness or skin. It's an average cleanser. It's good for if you need something gentle but if you're looking for something to help your skin I wouldn't really recommend it. (My skin is combination oily)

Pros: No Smell
Very light/gentle
Affordable price

Cons: Doesn't really help your skin
There's other cleansers on the market for the same price range that do more

on 8/4/2017 4:21:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for about a year, and this is what sparked my interest in skin care in the first place! It's a very basic cleanser but it does what it's supposed to do and It's very gentle with no scent to it. It helped clear up my skin and even after one year of exploring other products I still stick to it. It doesn't remove makeup very well on it's own and therefore I recommend it as a second step after an oil cleanser (I use the Muji oil cleanser) or for use in the morning. It doesn't dry out my face which is good, and it's very gentle for sensitive skin. Another plus is the great price and easy accessibility (Sweden). Only downside is the fact that it doesn't remove makeup on it's own and the design on the packaging is really boring. But overall a great basic product!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Dehydrated/combo skin (oily t-zone, dry af cheekbones) checking in. I wanted a gentle cleanser to ensure my natural oils aren't stripped. This cleanser has gotten rave reviews.

Pro:
- Didn't break me out
- Yes, it is gentle and did not strip my face of its natural oils
- No scent, great for sensitive skin

Cons:
- Doesn't really clean... lol
- SLS (which isn't a con if you don't care)

The rating is 3/5 lippies because the product is simply MEH. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't make it better. I found other cleansing products that cleaned my face/MU while still keeping my face hydrated and doesn't break me out (protip: Albolene is an amazing hidden gem if you're looking for a gentle moiustirizing yet CLEANS!).

I wouldn't repurchase and I'd recommend other gentle cleansing creams/milks before cetaphil.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My sister suggested this to me but I don't see the hype. It's ok. I use this and black soap and personally I like the black soap way better this just seems like it sits on my face. This clogged my pores bad. It feels like a residue is on my face