Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 18 & Under
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.7

This is my most essential product! I started using this product about a year ago after everything else I had tried on my skin had made it worse (I have keratosis pillars on my arms, which are like little red lumps and can sometimes look like a rash). I use this cleanser in the shower as pretty much a body wash and my arms have never looked better! While the texture does feel weird at first, you get used to it after the first time. I have never really used a cleanser on my face, as I have always had perfect skin and never felt the need to, but I use this morning and night on my face and it leaves it feeling smooth and refreshed. An excellent product that works well! It also comes in different sizes so it is very convenient, and you can get a 1L for $18!! Great price for a brilliant product!

on 10/15/2014 11:14:00 PM

I really do not like this stuff. I doesn't feel like it does anything for my skin! It barely even cleans it. This product is just an absolute NO.

I have dry to normal, very sensitive skin. This stuff cleanses without leaving me feeling tight or itchy. I feel my skin is glowy-er, and notice it feels softer. I very rarely get any acne now, and attribute it all to my healthy lifestyle and use of Cetaphil products.

I have eczema, and this is also the only thing I can use on my body when I get a flare up.

That aside, a few words of advice:
1. Don't expect suds or fragrance. Not only are those irritating, but this is a serious no-frills product. Don't hold your breath waiting for fireworks or anything, it's a cleanser, and nothing more.
2. It does NOT remove makeup. But your cleanser isn't MEANT to remove makeup. That's what makeup remover is for!

This stuff is amazing! After struggling with typical teenage acne, I turned to harsh prescriptions. After a few weeks, my acne went down but my skin got dry and sensitive; even my gentle moisturiser stung! I decided to try Cetaphil again after many years, and it is PERFECT for me. It is so gentle, yet cleans so well. Using Cetaphil while on Tactuo is the perfect balance for me. My acne has gone down to one or two zits a week and my skin is returning to its normal balance.

One more thing: I've seen a lot of complaints about the price, but if you think about it you are getting a LOT of product and a little goes a long way. You only need half a pump for each wash and the bottle is huge! This stuff is going to last me a year, using it morning and night.

on 3/13/2014 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. My face is somewhat sensitive. It moisturizes my face and balances out the oilyness I get in the morning.

After a long struggle with my stubborn teenage acne and using several harsh treatments that definitely made things worse rather than better, I decided to try the Cetaphil gentle wash. After I used this I would apply a treatment and moisturizer. All I can say is that it wasn't THE BEST ever. It foams up after lathering it in your hands, just like normal hand soap. The pros is that it doesn't have a scent (which I preferred) and it doesn't burn or sting. Cons is that is doesn't do much for stubborn acne since it has no acne fighting ingredients. Although, since it's gentler than most face washes, it did help some. I would definitely recommend using a treatment afterwards instead of just washing your face with this product.

on 7/29/2013 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a lazy person who never want to use a makeup remover before a cleanser unless I'm wearing a waterproof one, so I usually prefer 2 in 1 products. This doesn't do anything with makeup, it's too gentle which make me feel not so clean after I use it.
But let me tell you, if you have a acne skin like I was, this will definitely recommended by you doctor, no matter who is it. It doesn't make your face beak-out or oily. And it actually really good at this point. If you already using makeup remover before clean, you can still use this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I do and I don't understand why this cleanser is so hyped.
For one thing, this really is a gentle cleanser. It doesn't irritate my skin or leave my face feeling tight or dry.
On the other hand, it's almost TOO gentle. I have skin that's the opposite of sensitive--my skin is far too tolerant (is that the right word?) to the point where I need high concentrations in order for anything to be effective. So perhaps that's why I feel that this cleanser isn't very effective. It does remove some of my face makeup and it does somewhat clean my skin, but if I want it to work like a regular cleanser I need to use it twice, or three times if I'm wearing a long-wearing foundation (like MAC Pro Longwear or Revlon Colorstay Whipped).
That said, unless your skin is like mine, I do recommend this. It's great for sensitive skin and those looking for a fuss-free, fragrance-free daily cleanser that doesn't have bad ingredients (and an ingredients list that has less than 10 ingredients!) and doesn't have any fancy-schmancy claims.
It's also dirt cheap! I got a 16 oz. bottle for only $9--insane, right? It's also available in 2, 8, and 20 oz. bottles. (It's unfortunate, though, that I purchased such a large bottle when I don't even use it that often...)
Would I repurchase? No.

on 1/3/2013 4:34:00 AM

Gave this a 2, because the face wash was mediocre for me. No lather, you don't need water either. The directions says to apply it to the face, massage, and wipe off with a cloth or towel. You can use water, but that's after you've applied it to the face. I find this very strange, because almost every night I take off my make up with olive oil, and using an oily make up remover WITH this cleanser is just... gross. Even if I take off the olive oil, I don't feel that the cleanser fully cleanses my face. After using this for 3 days my face got little bumps in my T-zone, and I never get any bad reactions from "gentle" facial cleansers. If I didn't get bumps, I would give it a 3 because it's a whatever face wash. Like how it added extra moisture but hey that's what moisturizer is for. I'm sure this works wonders on other people, but not so much for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Cetaphil is a great product, its just doesn't really give me the cleansing aspect as much as other cleansers i use. I noticed that when i just used this i got breakouts more often (breakouts for me are like some red bumps maybe a pimple.) I would say if you breakout a lot or have acne this product isn't really for you. yes it keeps my skin under control , but my skin doesn't feel clean when i am done. It does remove makeup well, and moisturize my skin. For the price i would expect a little more, but it is a very good product.