Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't know how I have not reviewed this already - Cetaphil is my holy grail gentle skin cleanser. I have combination skin which is slightly sensitive and Cetaphil does not leave me feeling oily, dry me out or cause any irritation. It also helps clear any breakouts I may have. I use it after taking off my makeup with Micellar Water, and Cetaphil helps remove any lingering makeup as well as the daily oil/dirt buildup on my face. This is a very reasonably priced product, even in Australia, and a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts a very long time. When I use this cleanser, my skin feels clean, fresh and looks less congested than when I use other cleansers. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, I believe it would suit most skin types, including sensitive skins. This product is a staple for me.

Just picked up 3 pack from Sam's to avoid making mistake of buying "compare to Cetaphil" product merchandised next to Cetaphil on retail shelf. Dermatologist recommended brand when I was on heavy acne medication. I strayed away but always return. I use to remove makeup and eye makeup. It doesn't sting eyes. Everyone is different and I appreciate reading the reviews.

So, I really actually like this product. I wear long-lasting foundation sometimes, but it's gotten rid of most of it, as far as I can tell. One thing I'd suggest to those who say it doesn't remove all your makeup, try steaming your face with a warm/hot washcloth first before using this. It'll open your pores and make it easier for the cleanser to get all up in there, ha. I have combination, sensitive skin that generally gets SUPER duper tight after washing, but I haven't had any issues when I use this.

The only reason I'm giving it four lippies is because the ingredients- which include several parabens & other ingredients (propene glycol) which have been scientifically proven and/or suspected of being linked to a lot of health issues. :/ Sucks, because I really enjoy this cleanser. I will use this up & try to find another gentle cleanser, but I won't be repurchasing for these reasons.

on 11/19/2016 8:00:00 AM

Might be the unpopular opinion here but I don't see any good in this cleanser.

Claims to be gentle but strips moisture like no other, my friend who use this had an extremely serious break out, full face. Can't 100% credit to this product but it definitely played a part. I have normal, clear skin myself, and have no problem with any cleansers in the past.

Even though it didn't break me out, I feel like Kiehl's ultra facial cleanser works much better in terms of gentleness and effect. It's such a large bottle and i lost interest in commiting already.

on 10/3/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have been a fan of this product since I was 11 before the repackaging. I use it off and on and more likely on when I get really bad reaction to a skincare product I use.

I have used this as a makeup remover, cleanser and cleanser for my sponges. It's effective though I tend to use up a lot of it when taking off makeup.

I like the packaging with the pump because it gives you the enough amount you need and it keeps the product fresh.

It's one of the few products that I don't get breakouts or allergies with, that's why I like it a lot.

on 8/4/2016 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this cleanser and I just got my second bottle. I prefer to spend money on serums and oils than on a liquid that goes down the drain and does not actually do work on my skin.

So this Cetaphil product is basically all I want from a cleanser:
+ very gentle
+ very effective in taking off all the dirt and grime from the day, but it is not adept at removing make up (it is nevertheless not intended for that)
+ does not leave my skin feeling tight or dry
+ non-foaming
+ inexpensive
+ my best friend, who has been on heavy duty acne treatment (think 6% Benzol Peroxide in the morning and 2% Retinoid in the evening for months) uses this and loves it! Which proves that even the most sensitive and damaged skin can use it

I would even boldly compare this product to other more expensive, but not high-end, cleansers that I have tried including Merumaya, La Roche Posay, Avene, First Aid Beauty, and I dare to say that it does better job for my skin than those mentioned.

Some people have an issue with one of the ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Suplhate, but I personally don't and I think one should not be worried, because although it is considered to be an irritant surfactant, it is in tiny quantities in this cleanser, in fact less than 1%. But if you have experienced problems with this ingredient, just be aware of its presence.

Overall, this cleanser is an excellent value for money and a mild, yet effective product!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I was blessed with flawless skin until about age 20. I am now 22 and recently stopped taking BC because I was having bad side effects, and since then i've been experiencing a lot more break outs. Last week, however, was the worst break out of my life. I used one of those eyebrow razors to take off some peach fuzz on my face and had a horrible reaction the following few days. My entire jaw, chin, sides of my mouth, and upper neck broke out with red, painful pimples. I woke up to two or three new blemishes every day last week. I panicked, and ran to the drug store and bought a few clean & clear face washes/scrubs, which I must have over done because it only made the problem worse. Then I took to the internet and started reading about how Cetaphil had been used as a gentle cleanser and might help. I immediately ran out and bought two things- Garnier Micellar Water to take off my makeup (I had usually used wipes but I thought this might be better) and a huge bottle of Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I have been using the two products every day (with the occasional spot treatment) for about 5 days now and my acne has completely cleared up. I am so pleased with this product and love how it feels. Sometimes I wash it off, sometimes I pat it gently and leave a thin film on my face like the bottle advises. It has helped with the drying that the clean & clear scrub did to my face, cleans, and generally just feels good on the skin. Normally I do not like products that don't lather, but this one is a game changer for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Cetaphil is one of my go to gentle cleansers. The consistency is light, color is white, and there are no medications in there. I usually exfoliate my face with this then let it sit for a minute or two in the shower then rinse off and use my regular routine. I will continue to rebuy this for a while forsure

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

i must say this is one of the best gentle cleanser on the market. It is milky white in consistency and moist and soft in texture. Price is great (very cheap) and it is effective at cleaning the skin and removing makeup without irritating the surface.

on 4/15/2016 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a normal skin, and this cleanser is perfect for my skin, so soft and smooth, and it didn't dry my skin. I do have a break out sometimes, but due to hormons mostly.
Usually i used it as a morning cleanser, or at night after i used cleansing oil (i do double cleansing after heavy make up only).
Definitely would repurchase!.