Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.7

on 11/18/2017 10:25:00 AM

Let me tell you all the truth about Cetaphil and Galderma products......the main ingredient is Petroleum aka Petrolatum aka Parrifium Liquidum. Its literally vaseline plastered on your face. I too was prescribed this product as well as the Galderma moisturizer, Nutraderm, by my Dermatologist! I just have to add, Cetaphil is crap for removing make up even after oil cleansing. I used it for many years and my skin was fine,until, I started getting really bad acne that just wouldn’t go away. I started researching the ingredients and found that Petrolatum is just a pharmaceutical grade plastic layer that is placed over the skin and basically stops your natural oils from evaporating ie. Suffocating your pores. I stopped all my Galderma products and opted for organic, natural skincare products. Then the crap hit the fan. My skins barrier practically stopped functioning because for so many years, my skin thought it was producing enough sebum because it did not evaporate so it basically underproduced sebum. So my skin became extremely sensitive and dehydrated. I started using the Dermalogica Ultra Calming range which focusses on repairing the skins own Barrier and not making it lazy. And I gotta say, my skin has never looked better. My acne cleared 3months after I stopped all Petroleum products on my face. My acne was caused by layers upon layers of suffocating plastic and my pores just needed to breathe! I have been using petroleum free products for 4years now and what used to be severely dry skin is now skin that only needs body lotion every other day. I still use Dermalogica on my face (because Natural face washes just don’t remove make up properly) and Organic natural body washes in the shower. They are filled with anti oxidants that rid your skin of free radicals which is a must.

on 11/10/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this few years ago when my friend suggested it. At that time i had quite a lot of acnes. from my experience it is not cleansing enough, my face was left feeling oily afterwards. For people who have normal-dry face it would it good but for people like me who has oily-combination skin better find something else.

I was staying overnight at a friend's house, and getting ready for bed. When I discovered I did not have my professional cleanser with me only a professional cleanser a friend had given to me. I use what she gave me only to find my skin was dry after using her facial wash. The second night I saw Cetaphil Body Lotion n the closet and decided to try it. It left my skin nice as smooth and silky. Cetaphil is really a good skin care product, you should try it. I know I am going to try the cleanser now that I see how well the lotion works and it recovered my dry skin.

on 8/25/2017 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried this many times due to the hype but finally realised that it is just not for me. If I use this my skin starts to clog up.

Me
Age 42
Combination skin
Sensitive to some silicones ie dimethicone rich products trigger blackheads.
Mac Prolongwear NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.

on 8/9/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't washed my face with soap for decades. I have been using Cetaphil. I have only skin, even at 60 yrs old and it cleanses beautifully. I follow up with an antiwrinkle moisturizer with sunscreen. My daughter also use it for their acne prone skin. I transfer it to a pretty pump soap decanter on my sink.

I used this product on my dry skin. Moisturizing works well and it has some sort of chemical odor. Overall, it is good to used in the Winter time.

Excellent cleanser that leaves the skin feeling so soft, it's tempting not to put moisturiser on! I have very sensitive skin and this product is very gentle. You only need a small amount and it is really good for getting most of your mascara off. I always find a bit of mascara under my eyes in the morning but i don't often wear makeup so that is a minor issue but I do use Cetaphil daily -I never wash my face.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser. When I was growing up, I had (and still have) dry, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts and used to have to get facials semi-regularly. Instead of pushing expensive products on me, the esthetician recommended I use this gentle, basic skin cleanser daily and save the money to spend on really good moisturizing products. I have been following this advice for ten years and it has never failed! Another great aspect of this product is that you can use it for your body, too, so you save extra $$ by not buying extra body wash.

The one thing I don't like about this product is that it's not highly rated by the Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) because it contains parabens. Although I have used this product for years, I'm currently on the hunt for an EWG-friendly dupe!!

on 11/28/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was told to use this cleanser after being on a strong topical cream for my acne issues, and also after being put on antibiotics for my acne. I find it is gentle, but it's so gentle that it doesn't remove all makeup, and you have to either cleanse twice or just make up remover before cleansing your face. It didn't dry out my skin or make me break out but It kind of felt like it didn't do much.. Very gentle