Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/20/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is it, I think i will be using it for the next 5 years. It's gentle and does its job. Definitely recommended!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Oh Cetaphil, how I love thee. I'm one to switch cleansers every 6 months or so because it seems my skin gets used to the products after awhile and doesn't have the same effect they used to. This last time, I used the Simple gel cleanser and rich replenishing moisturizer which worked well for me for about 6 months... Until a few weeks ago. My skin had become really dehydrated with a layer of oil on top at the same time... and I started breaking out on my cheeks, which NEVER happened to me before. I spent a lot of time on here looking for something new to try that wouldn't make my super sensitive skin red, dry and flaky.
I came across Cetaphil, which I had used 2 years ago. It never dried me out or irritated my skin and it made my face soft. I only stopped using it because it didn't do well with washing my makeup off. That's its only flaw.

But I don't wear makeup every day, so I was washing my face with a stronger cleanser that I didn't need. On days I don't wear makeup, I'll use Cetaphil. It's only been about a week and it has already cleared up my cheeks and made my face a lot softer.

If I need to wash my makeup off first, I'll use Dove's beauty bar for sensitive skin, which I just started using, and I love. It makes my face a little tight afterward, but nothing my moisturizer can't fix.

Anyway, Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser is great for people with suuuuuper sensitive skin.

***UPDATE*** I've stopped using Cetaphil unless my skin gets irritated. It just doesn't clean makeup well enough.

on 2/18/2012 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the one product I can't live without!! I've used it for years because I have very dry, sensitive skin and rosacea. It leaves my skin smooth and clear.

It doesn't remove makeup, but that's not its purpose. some cetaphil cream on a cotton pad does that nicely. I love the fact that it doesn't foam. It means the product doesn't run in my eyes or make a mess.

on 10/1/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Living in a dry climate with even drier skin, I can't use any foaming cleansers without becoming a flaky mess. I absolutely love Cetaphil. It's a wonderful gentle cleanser and the price is great as well. It also works great as a makeup remover with a washcloth or cotton ball before cleansing.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok i have very dry skin so i thought this cleanser would be great. Well it burns my skin a lot. I don't like the fact that it is creamy and that it does not lather, it doesn't really feel like it cleans my face. I would not buy again.

on 4/29/2009 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have eczema and very dry skin, with ocassional breakouts. This product is very gentle and does not strip moisture from skin. The only problem is that it leaves a residue behind. I now use Cerave, which is another gentle cleanser recommeded by my dermatologist. Cerave does not leave a residue behind, but this product is sometimes hard to find. I still use my Cetaphil when I cant find Cerave.

on 12/18/2008 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have real dry..almost atopic eczema like skin..and currently i was put on oratane(isotretionoin).which i stopped cause my pimples wasnt so serious .i wonder y the doctor put me on that. and now my skin is ultra sensitive and dry. as it is i went to the dermatologist for my dryness sensitive skin prob. cetaphil is mild.but it can be extremely harsh for very dry skin like mine. even once a day is harsh.i think its cause of the sls and the parabens. i feel like im puttin detergent on my face. i think the consistency of the product seems mild.i think more appropriate for body. i wonder y u should put that on your face. its not even gentle. i think its more for acne prone type of skin. or "tough" skin. u can use it for your body though. but def n0t your sensitive face.

continued...

all i will say is that tis product is the mildest out ther. as compared to others. but still look around im sure u will find a good one for your prob. basically u gotta trust the company. but ya if i hav no choice i do have to stick wit cetaphil.but yes cetaphil does leave a film which kinda makes u feel so uncomfortable . and irritates your skin slightly. and its parabens guys.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel clean when I use it. It doesn't take off make up( I'm too lazy for two steps.) I only really use it to was my feet. I have severe eczema and it is the only thing that doesn't burn!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Essential for dry sensitive skin!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is a good product and i like it for its cleaning abilities but it does make my skin feel dry still after washing with it, despite the emollients. i suppose its the water that does it, but its hard to resist that clean feeling of washing your face!!!