Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.8

on 11/19/2016 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out, awful and greasy feeling.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The BEST cleanser. I have super dry and sensitive skin and this is PERFECT for me. I love it i will never go back to anything else. I need something very gentle on my skin and doesn't irritate it or break me out. This is the only one that fulfills my needs. I also love that it has a pump. I use it every day when i wake up and before going to bed. LOVE! It's the only cleanser i will ever by from now on. I have been using mine for about 6 months now. And i still have some left! (of the big bottle) Its too gentle to take off your face make up though, so to do that i use the Olay 2 in 1 Daily Facial Cloths - for Sensitive skin. It takes my make up off perfectly and leaves my skin smooth and not irritated

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I originally bought this product from a recommendation from a dermatologist for my eczema. Granted it did leave my face slightly more moisturized then just washing my face with water. But that was only having to scrub roughly with a washcloth to get off part of the makeup and the rest I had to get off with my original face wash. I gave it a chance hoping that I tried different things such as leaving it to sit for a few minutes to disintegrate the makeup: no luck on anything I tried. My face just kept on getting drier and patcher as I used it. I finally got fed up with it and switched back to my regular face wash. I came across it today and considered using it again before I looked at the ingredients:
Cetyl alcohol = Essentially wax
Methylparaben = Cancerous
Propylparaben = Cancerous
Butylparaben = Cancerous

These are leading ingredients in the cleanser and essentially ‘toxic waste’ for your face. I will not buy again and advise people not to but it.

on 2/25/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have eczema, so I have been using Cetaphil products since I was probably in 1st grade. Many years have passed, but I still use this everyday to remove my makeup. It doesn't dry my skin or break me out, and leaves me feeling clean. You dont even have to use water- it removes everything after massaging my face for 30 secs and rubbing off with a facial tissue

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews of this product I thought I would love it. It was definitely underwhelming. I have extremely dry skin, and usually dont have a problem with break outs.
Don't get me wrong I think its great for taking off my makeup, but definitely not for actually cleansing of the skin. Personally I use it as more of a makeup remover than a face wash.

on 3/31/2010 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this product. So gentle on my skin, and it doesnt leave it tight and dry. I read the reviews on here saying that it doesnt remove your makeup, but it does that perfectly well. All in all, this is a wonderful product, but stock up if it goes on sale, as the original price, can be a bit expensive for a drugstore cleanser.

on 2/19/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My dermatologist recommended this to me because I was going through mild eczema flare ups. At first, I saw nothing attractive about it. My skin actually felt drier so I just gave up on it, but I've recently began using this again and now, I adore it! I get a good sized pump, sometimes two, and gently massage it all over my face and it's so gentle and so very good for sensitive skin. My skin has never felt better! Take in note I have been gently exfoliating every night with my Caudalie Buffing Cream and Laneige Strawberry Peeling Gel (and though it sounds harsh, it has done wonders for my once extremely dry, uneven textured skin) But once I got rid of the uneven texture and bumps on my skin, the Cetaphil was really able to moisturize my skin and keep it balanced.
I really love this cleanser, and for the price and the amount you get, it's amazing!

on 11/15/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works great for sensitive skin and no, it does not remove a whole lot of makeup. All it does it help cleanse your face everyday before bedtime or during the morning. No stripping of oils, no harmful ingredients, just a good ol' reliable cleanser. My mom, a dermatologist, has been using this for the past 10 years(seriously) and strangers or store clerks refer to us as sisters or roommates because she has such great skin. Plus, you can find this everywhere, and it's not some high-end expensive brand. Always a good investment, along with sunscreen. Plus, it's probably what a dermatologist will suggest you use anyways.

on 3/22/2008 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive, dry, and eczema-prone skin. This was recommended by my dermatologist as a facial cleanser, body soap etc. This product is extremely gentle, and gets the dirt off just as well as the most potent anti-bacterial soaps. Better yet, it truly is unscented and doesn't dry my skin out at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i loved this. so much. my skin is so sensitive, i have chronic eczema and my skin is always dry. a few days ago i got lip dermatitis, i was given this to cleanse it and today my lips are perfect. utterly perfect. also o got an eye infection and i put this on, next day the infection was gone!! yippee!!!