Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A gentle cleanser that does a good job at removing makeup without drying the skin. I've used it primarily as a facial cleanser and for my body in the shower, but it's not as practical for body use because it takes a lot of product. It's good for those times when your skin is going berserk from allergies, a breakout, a bad reaction to a cosmetic product, etc...
It is an excellent waterless cleanser, I have used it while minimalist traveling on the back of a motorcycle and would definitely consider taking it hiking because it can be rubbed into the face a bit to loosen up sunscreen & dirt/dust from travels, and wiped off with a dry washrag. However, a wet one works best - it is extremely refreshing at the end of the day when camp is set up and it's time to change into some fresh clothes after cleaning up yer nooks with a little of this cleanser. I have also heard good things from someone who used it on another who was bedridden and suffering from eczema because the patient reacted poorly to being cleaned with anything requiring water.
It is what it is - a basic no frills cleanser with some excellent uses, but it has no beneficial ingredients whatsoever. Anyone who is against products with parabens will be alarmed at the ingredients label (three different kinds are used) as this is a straight up all chemical product, nothing natural going on here. I put that I would repurchase it because I will seek out a travel size to use for travels, but as far as a daily facial cleanser, I have preference towards other products.

on 11/19/2016 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out, awful and greasy feeling.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It does not make my skin clean, too much makeup left on the skin.

on 1/18/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried so many high end cleansers and all of them left my skin stripped and raw. I always return to this. My skin stays hydrated, there's no scent to make my nostrils flip out, it's cost effective...I mean, really.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was recommended to me by a dermatologist. It is the gentlest cleanser I've found, and not at all irritating for my extremely sensitive skin. But for clarity, this is not an acne treatment. It will not exacerbate your acne, but it's not intended to treat it either.

on 7/7/2015 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This products contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is a KNOWN irritant for sensitive skin - which as a reviewer mentions before makes me wonder why dermatologists recommend this stuff. For me personally it was HORRIBLE. I had little tiny flesh-coloured bumps which kind-off looked like pimples under the skin, and redness everywhere on my face. My skin was a 'hot mess', until I realised the reason for it was this cleanser and the ingredient SLS mentioned above, it irritated the crap out of my skin.

If your skin is dry, dull, somewhat dehydrated and sensitive - stay FAR AWAY from this cleanser!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

A must-have for me, keeps my eczema skin gently cleaned. Use it several times a day on face & body. Love it.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have eczema and my husband has roseacea, and this is the only product we both use on a daily basis. I usually keep a tiny cup of baking soda in the shower and mix a small amount with the Cetaphil prior to placing it on my face and it acts as a cleanser and exfoliant in one. My husband just uses this alone.

This product does not work as a makeup remover for me, and I use Ponds cold cream and Neutrogena make up remover wipes to get my waterproof eye makeup off before I go to bed at night, so I use this in the morning for my shower.

This is great as an everyday gentle cleanser meant for those with skin problems. I still follow up with a toner and moisturiser. I've bought expensive brand name skin cleanser and still come back to this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this in the mornings after waking up since I don't have makeup on. My skin is dry and cleansing it twice a day with water and foaming cleanser is too much for it. This product allows me to gently cleanse my face without water and drying out my skin.

I use the formula for gentle sensitive skin. I can't imagine using this as a primary cleanser to remove makeup as it is far too gentle. I notice since using it this way my skin is dewy and supple all day.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I was a little late on discovering Cetaphil, although it has been talked and talked about everywhere online and comes hugely recommended, I spent a long time not buying it before I eventually got round to getting it. Having been a sensitive/dry skin sufferer all my life I like my facial products to be caring for the dryness plus not heavily scented because I get terrible irritation to heavily perfumed things on my face. This is a nice product, it lives up to most of its claims, it is not scented, made my skin feel fairly smooth and soft, and definitely does not irritate or dry out my skin. I love the consistency too, it isn't too thick, its almost gel like and feels nice when applied to the skin. I wouldn't recommend this as a make up remover, I tried using it to take off my make up a few times and it didn't work very well at all. However if you are looking for a simple, gentle way to wake up your face every morning this works very well. Especially wonderful for those who suffer with easily irritated skin and I would most definitely recommend and buy again.