Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/22/2017 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I rarely review skin care or cleanser for that matter, but since I really didn't had a good experience with this product I thought I could leave my thoughts here.

I have acne pretty easily sadly, after seeing adds of this product and so many reviews of people enjoying it I choosed to give it a go.
I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I used it for more than 6 months because I really wanted to give it a solid try, but this product only gave me more acne and made my skin even more sensitive. After stopping using it I started to have less acne and my skin came back to normal.

So, maybe it's because I have a combo skin type that it didn't worked for me.
But over all I do not recomend it, and I wil certainly not buy it again!

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

on 10/6/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is my new best friend. It's the type of product I would've shied away from before, because it doesn't feel like your typical cleanser. It's cream based and doesn't foam up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean, a feeling I used to associate with a cleanser doing its job. Now I know better, and understand that the dry tightness most cleansers leave me with isn't good. By contrast, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I usually double-cleanse in the evening to take off make-up and the day's grime. I rinse with water and moisturize afterwards. In the morning, I find cleansing once is enough. On the back of the bottle it says you don't have to rinse it off - it's fine to leave on. I was skeptical, but during a vacation I found myself without a sink for a week (what a fun surprise!) and tried it. I was expecting to break out like crazy, and was really pleased to see that my skin didn't react at all!

I feel like the price for Cetaphil can be a little steep, depending on where you shop. If you wait for sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal. A lot of stores also make their own store brand with the exact same ingredients, and the ones I've tried have been pretty good too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I saw my first dermatologist when I was 9 because of severe acne. At his office there were a ton of cetaphil samples, and he recommended this face wash. I used this for years. Finally I switched to Clean & Clear (Deep Action Face Wash) and my skin immediately improved. My face was brighter and I had less acne. I think Cetaphil made my break outs worse because it uses a lot of SLS, which is comedogenic & irritating to the skin.

This facial wash just does not cut it. Especially if you have oily skin or wear makeup. I've heard the company who owns this facial wash, Galderma, pays dermatologists to promote Cetaphil (I'm not sure if this is true! I do wonder why my derm as so many samples though). Galderma has created great products (such as differin & tri luma), but there are many other excellent facial washes. Aveeno Moisturizing Facial Bar, Clinique Facial Bar, Clean & Clear, & Olay all have great facial washes for around the same price or lower. If you use Cetaphil I dare you to try another facial wash for a few weeks--I bet your skin will improve.

Sorry but this product is a joke. I have used so many products that were good, great and not so great but this one honestly was the worst. It didn't clean, it didn't remove make-up but in all honesty, not sure if its supposed to and it left a film on my face. I actually felt like I put another layer of gooey cream over my make-up. My doctor told me to buy this for my sensitive skin - no she insisted I buy it so I now question all of her other advice. LOL. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser is very okay. I don't think it is special, but it isn't supposed to have a lot of frills. It is very gentle, so if you need something for very sensitive skin, rosacea, a bad sunburn, etc then this is good for that when used with warm water. However, when used this way, it did leave my skin a little greasy. I think it is best as a makeup remover (applied to dry skin and wiped away with a dry cloth/cotton pad/etc) and followed by another cleanser, especially if you have oily or problem skin. For my own personal preference I would prefer to use a gentle cleanser that also does remove makeup since over-cleansing can be very drying and irritating to my skin, especially if I am having issues with rosacea. I don't think I would repurchase it at this time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser on and off for over 10 years. However in the past few months I realised that my skin has become so flaky and dehydrated, I believe because of long term use of this product. My skin barrier has become completely shot, probably because of the sulfates. The ingredients don't break me out necessarily, however my skin becomes so dry that I break out from the dryness ( excess oil, dead skin etc). I recently tried it again and within 4 days my skin was dried out and tight. I just wonder how many of the skin issues I faced in the past were actually exacerbated by the product without me realising, surfice to say I won't be using it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

on 8/25/2017 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried this many times due to the hype but finally realised that it is just not for me. If I use this my skin starts to clog up.

Me
Age 42
Combination skin
Sensitive to some silicones ie dimethicone rich products trigger blackheads.
Mac Prolongwear NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.