Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

3.4

on 8/1/2001 11:06:00 AM

I like this product a lot...i don't use it as a face wash though, unless it's in the pump and it's for oily skin types.. I use the squeeze bottle as a face moisturizer before i put my makeup on and it just ads a soft touchable feeling :)

on 8/6/2002 2:17:00 PM

Left a film and broke me out. Only for the driest skins.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I bought this product before it became "popular" out there and still use it. It's great for super sensitive skin but it doesn't do much for the breakouts. The dermatologist recommended this when I had severe dry skin. Thumbs up.

on 4/10/2003 1:50:00 AM

I really don't know how to write this review. Fact is, I don't know if my face is clean after I've used this. It doesn't feel like a cleanser. I prefer something that foams for a cleanser. Yes, as many of the reviews said, it doesnt remove a single bit of makeup, but I guess this is OK as long as your don't use it in the morning or before going to bed, when you need stronger cleansers. This one may be a bit TOO gentle.

on 8/31/2003 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Starting from the beginning. I don't like the fact that you have to turn the whole bottle upside down to squeeze some out. They should make it in pump form or something. Secondly, it did absolutely nothing for my skin. It felt super greasy while I was washing, and it didn't like..foam or anything, no bubbles at all. It felt like rubbing lard on my face or something. And then afterwards I wiped my face off and there was still all this nasty greasy residue. I did not enjoy this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

*ducks*...i really wanted to like this considering that everybody else in the whole entire world does...but it was a distaster for me. This would have to be the worst product i've ever used...can't beleive i'm saying that considering everyone elses view, but it is. I have acne-prone skin that is very sensitive so acne products never ever work for me. My skin clears up best with products that do not strip your skin, clog pores and are gentle and non-irritating. Checking the sage.com form acne-causing ingrediants, the second listed ingrediant has a rating of 3 which is i think the reason why this did not work. So as a gentle cleanser, this is not gentle at all. I broke out terribly, my skin didn't feel good and it basically just stripped me skin. uck, took ages to clear up too. So yeah, don't buy if you want a really gentle, non-irritating product.

on 12/13/2004 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

let me tell you, i don't think i've ever been happier with a product than with cetaphil cleanser and lotion. i'm 16, so naturally, i have acne. i recently got fed up with it - tired of telling myself "its just hormones" or "it'll die down"...infact it had gotten progressively worse. so i started the acne.org thing (go there if you have acne!!) and started using cetaphil along with benzoyl peroxide.
now, let me ALSO say that while i had acne, i also have sensitive skin, that, while oily often flakes all over the place...
and once i tried cetaphil, not only has my acne cleared up, but NO dry spots, my oil is in control, and my skin is soooo soft.
yeah, i'll admit, it hasnt got the greatest lather (okay..none) but any downs it might have are made up for in the results...seriously, when i wash my face with this as soon as i put it on i can FEEL it soothing my crazy, angry skin!
well, wow. all i can say is this stuff is AMAZING. my HG..rarely have i been impressed with anything like i have cetaphil. definately worth it!
edit: i still love this, but i find the bar version is a lot better! it has a lather and more cleansing, yet still helps w/ the sensitive skin.

on 5/4/2005 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i've kind of already reviewed, this but its been awhile and i'm always changing my opinions about stuff so here it goes! well...i happen to like cetaphil. people like to gripe about it because its not some 'miracle' product..they seem to think it clears up skin or banishes dryness..or god knows what, but it not meant for that. it simply is a GENTLE skin cleanser, definately the most gentle i have ever come across. IMO this is great for sensitive or irritated skin simply because it does nothing damaging to it! it doenst strip the skin, and while you might not get all your eyemakeup off the first time around with this stuff, i personally think thats a good thing - i mean, lets face it, if its strong enough to melt your waterproof mascara do you want it on your face? if you have probs. with that you should really just get a makeup remover..anyway, this is the ONLY thing i can use in the morning (as my skin tends to dry out a bit overnight, also, what with all the acne products i like to slather on my face) and while i usually use a different cleanser at night, there are times when i need to use cetaphil because my face is feeling tender or irritated. i also think its good for acne prone skin in that, no, it will not clear you skin up, but it will not inflame what you have. a lot of people use harsh cleansers or exfoliate when they have acne, but that usually just make it worse. IMO this is a good old stand by no matter your skin type (mine is sensitive combo-oily acne prone...all of it..=/) and its the only stuff i have always been able to count on. not to mention, the bottle is so huge i'll doubt you'll ever run out! and given the amount you get, i dont think the price is outlandish at all. i recommend this cleanser for anyone who simply wants a gentle cleanser. that being said, don't go expecting this stuff to work wonders!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product. Adore. It's shrine worthy. The funny thing? It never touches my face. I have a pretty oil face and don't need much moisture in that area, so I use cleansers geared toward taming my oily skin type. Instead, I use after I soap in the shower. I put a thin layer on my body and let stand for a minute or so, while I do other things in the shower such as facial cleansing (not with Cetaphil). Why do I do this? Because I get compliments daily from people about how baby-soft my skin is, that's why! It helps maintain moisture in your skin, which seriously comes in handy during the summer when just stepping outside in the sun can rob your body of moisture. The week I switched my regimine to one with cetaphil my boyfriend commented on how soft my skin had become. Talk about a sweet reward. Even better, my boss was talking to me and placed her hand on my arm as a gesture and stopped mid-statement to exclaim, "My god, you're skin is soft!" Yeah, you should have seen the grin on my face while I was walking away. For the amount you get, it's not so much of a bad price, but I use it on my whole body compared to just a little patch of skin refered to as a face. Still, a little goes a looong way. It sells in stores around here for about $9. Here's a hint, if you're military, go to your AFEES or whatever might serve you, and they should have a off-brand version of it right next to the Cetaphil. I can't tell the slightest difference. Best part? it's only about $4!! So if your looking for softer skin, this stuff is amazing. A-flippin'-mazing!

This has a strange smell to it. Although the scent isn't very strong, it does bother me. It's kind of a chemical scent...and this doesn't seem to soften my skin, as it advertises on the bottle. I looked at the ingredients and (as far as my knowledge goes) there aren't really any "good" ingredients in here.
Here's a list of ingredients: Water, Cety Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. (I think the only decent ingredient in here is the water!)