Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 18 & Under
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.4

on 3/6/2016 10:19:00 AM

I love this product! I'm not usually a fan of Cetaphil range but I really do love this product. I have very dry skin and I love using this to get extra moisture. The packaging claims that the cream will also help retain moisture and I agree that this products fulfills this. I forgot to take it with me when I left the house the other day and my skin began to feel a little itchy and dry after about 6 hours as I had been in the sun, I reached for a different moisturiser that I had in my car, I haven't been particularly amazed by this cream in the past but after using the Cetaphil I felt like the other product soaked in a lot better! My skin always feels super soft, doesn't smell bad, it's not greasy and soaks in pretty much straight away after being rubbed in.

on 3/11/2015 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The reason why I bought this in the first place is because I started to break out. Basically I was using a different face wash & my skin did not like it at all. So I did more research and I thought I would give this a try. So glad I did because it helped my skin soooo much. I have kind of sensitive skin so this is pretty great. It helps with controlling my breakouts & also if I have a little breakout all I have to do is use this and it will go away. The texture of the face wash is also really nice and i like that it doesnt have any added fragrances. I didn't get the one with the pump so that kinda sucked but other than that i really like this product

Consistency is kind of weird and i have to pump a lot into my hands to lather my whole face. I find that i go through bottles and bottles off this stuff because it doesn't remove all my makeup completely. I like it because it's gentle and does not break me out. I get a lot blackheads on my nose and this has helped to release and de-congest them with the use of benzoyl peroxide 5%

This cleanser isn't bad but it isn't good either. When you wash your face with this it feels like you are just rubbing your face with water. And it does not take off the oil that builds up on my face and with that also adds a film onto your skin. But that film feels icky and does not go away, so your moisturizers don't sink in as well. overall just plain water and thickeners in a bottle, nothing special.

This is all I use. I used to use many harsh, drying cleansers in attempt to clear up my skin, but none of them worked. I never had terrible acne, but I did finally go to the dermo out of frustration that my used to be good skin was misbehaving. She reccomended this, and now its all I use. Its very gentle. I agree that it may not be the best makeup remover, but I use this with a washcloth and it does the trick. My skin has gotten worlds better-I will use this forever. If youre like me and other cleansers aren't working- give your skin a break and try this!

A lot of derms like to recommend this and I'm not sure why. Reading the reviews here, it seems like the ingredients aren't very skin-friendly. I used it for about 2 weeks and I didn't really like it. After rinsing, it still felt as though there's a layer of the cleanser on my skin. Not something I'd want to try again.

I can't use this because i find it just doesn't *clean* my skin. I need something that will take off my MU and clean any oil. This is not a harsh cleanse, its very soothing, but i just need something that will clean my skin, not just take off my MU and soothe. Also, it breaks me out every time I try using it again, because i fall back into thinking that I should try something gentle, not that I use anything harsh. Its cheap, comes in a big bottle, but just doesn't cut it for me.

on 7/6/2007 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a lovely, gentle cleanser that soothes and nourishes. The gentle ingredients take care of the skin and I love how my face never feels tight after washing. The scent is soft and subdued, perfect for those with sensitive skin. After using this for a couple of days, dry patches cleared right up and my skin felt noticeably softer and smoother. I just love the way it gently cleanses and soothes, removing daily oil and dirt buildup without stripping the skins' natural oils. The texture does take a while to get used to, especially if you're used to really bubbly, foaming cleansers. I love how it comes in a huge, economic bottle; it'll last me ages!

on 6/17/2007 10:48:00 PM

So gentle, it's like I'm washing my face with silk.

I can't believe I spent all this time NOT using this!

Cheap, gentle, big bottles.

Love it!

on 1/14/2007 4:59:00 PM

Cetaphil cleanser is indeed very gentle. It didn't do anything to clear up occasional acne, but it didnt seem to cause any. The texture was a little slimy, but it didn't leave my skin slimy or oily, but did do a pretty good job of cleansing the skin. Overall, it is just an average cleanser that I might go back to.