Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

I used to hate this product. I thought it wasn't doing anything to my skin but when I started to do double cleansing, (The Face Shop Cleansing Milk as the first step) I thought I should use something mild for the second step so I bought this again. (I also use Epiduo to treat my acne) Now my skin feels soft and I rarely get acne anymore, I just have some acne scars left.

I 100% recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

on 10/6/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is my new best friend. It's the type of product I would've shied away from before, because it doesn't feel like your typical cleanser. It's cream based and doesn't foam up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean, a feeling I used to associate with a cleanser doing its job. Now I know better, and understand that the dry tightness most cleansers leave me with isn't good. By contrast, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I usually double-cleanse in the evening to take off make-up and the day's grime. I rinse with water and moisturize afterwards. In the morning, I find cleansing once is enough. On the back of the bottle it says you don't have to rinse it off - it's fine to leave on. I was skeptical, but during a vacation I found myself without a sink for a week (what a fun surprise!) and tried it. I was expecting to break out like crazy, and was really pleased to see that my skin didn't react at all!

I feel like the price for Cetaphil can be a little steep, depending on where you shop. If you wait for sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal. A lot of stores also make their own store brand with the exact same ingredients, and the ones I've tried have been pretty good too.

I use this as my morning cleanser and it is my holy grail cleanser before I apply makeup. It does not dry up my already dry skin and is amazing at leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed when I start the day. I don't use it as a makeup remover nor a night cleanser but when I use it in the morning, I am in love.

I was staying overnight at a friend's house, and getting ready for bed. When I discovered I did not have my professional cleanser with me only a professional cleanser a friend had given to me. I use what she gave me only to find my skin was dry after using her facial wash. The second night I saw Cetaphil Body Lotion n the closet and decided to try it. It left my skin nice as smooth and silky. Cetaphil is really a good skin care product, you should try it. I know I am going to try the cleanser now that I see how well the lotion works and it recovered my dry skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A true DS gem! I got the one for oily skin. I like to use it In the AM to get off all of the oil that accumulated during the night. It has an unpleasant scent to me imo. I use it on my face dry then scrub off w a wash cloth. Cleanses well. Good stuff!! Will take off traces of makeup (use micellar water before). I wouldn't recommend using this as your principle makeup remover. It won't dissolve the makeup in my experience but it will take off any last bits you missed. Won't sting if you accidentally get a little in your eye.

on 8/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

one of my fave cleansers of all time! even bets some high end I've tried. I find it hard to find a good cleanser for my combo skin, this is one of the few I'm in love with!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

on 8/16/2017 3:55:00 AM

Been using this for years. No bad side effects ever. Extremely mild but cleanses really well. Oil and dirt never stand a chance. It's not too perfumed so it doesn't feel like you have to wash with something else to remove the fake smell like other premium washes. Recommended. Will buy forever.