Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.3

on 10/31/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this product because the Oily Skin Cleanser version was out of stock. During the exam period, I attributed my sudden acne flare up to high stress levels. Thus, it caused my skin to become congested. I remove my makeup using coconut oil but this cleanser sucks as removing makeup and sometimes even the oil. It doesn't foam either which is a property that I quite like in my cleansers.
When I switched back to the oily skin cleanser, my acne started getting better. Do not buy this product if you have acne because chances are that it will make it worse or perhaps even give you acne. Never buying the gentle skin cleanser ever again.

on 4/26/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm floored by how many people rave about this cleanser, it gave me one of the worst breakouts I ever experienced. I will NEVER try another Cetaphil product.

on 4/24/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product was gentle, but the consistency is just nasty, and it didn't feel like a good cleanser. Very runny product

on 11/27/2013 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Cetaphil is one of the absolute worst products I've ever used on my skin. First off it has a weird consistency that doesn't become soapy went wet. Second it does not clean pores out or makeup off. I could go on and on with reasons why Cetaphil is awful. Every time I used this products my skin would be shiny as heck and bumpy. I saw rave reviews and recommendations from people on YouTube and online about Cetaphil. I even bought the overpriced lotion to go along with it. My skin did not like it at all and I would never buy Cetaphil again!

on 2/7/2006 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

JNFCHIA, the same thing happened to me. This cleanser was a staple for me for about three months. I was under the impression that it cleaned my skin and left it moisturized. I was wrong. After a while, this slighty greasy cleanser started burning my skin. My skin was left sore and dry. I also started breaking out in HUGE pimples. My skin was in distress and I didnt know what to do. Turns out good ole' Cetaphil was clogging my pores, drying my skin out, and wrecking havoc on my face. I dumped this mess and never look twice at it on the store shelf.

Nothing beats Noxzema!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This doesn't work on me despite so many people loving it. Break me out and I didn't feel clean. Might just be me though because so many people swear by it.

on 8/25/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This does not work for acne prone skin. It didn't make mine decrease or make it worse it was the same as before I started using it and after. It is however, a good makeup cleanser for stubborn eye makeup. A white thin gooey liquid. There is no smell to it which I like. I would recommend this for people with dry skin and not those who are acne prone like myself.

on 8/29/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Sadly, this gave me red spots around my cheeks :( in just 2 uses. Other than that, this could have been a good product because it made my skin redness go away, my skin felt soft, moisturised and stronger. However, I have really oily, acne-prone skin and that is probably the reason why it did not suit my skin. But don't be disheartened! I think this would work amazingly for those who have dry skin and are looking for something gentle!

on 2/21/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have skin conditions that make my skin super sensitive and somewhat drier than most. I have gone to many dermatologists in my lifetime. I live in Miami so there are some great ones here and they all claimed that this would help keep my acne under control and it would gently cleanse my skin. i felt as if i was rubbing lotion on my face. my face was more oilier than usual and it seemed to leave a film. it made my acne worse and i just didnt like the way it made my skin feel in general. i personally know people that use this consistently and have beautiful skin. This just didnt work for me.

on 9/10/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product a long time ago and i really like it. It didn't dry out my skin and my skin never felt irritated. But unfortunately, when i washed my face it didn't feel like it was clean, i could still feel a lot of oil still on my face and my face didn't feel fresh. I also didn't like how it didn't lather, it just felt like i was rubbing gel on my face. It also didn't help my acne at all. I recommend it for people with sensitive skin that don't have acne but for people who do have acne it won't help at all. Even though i like it, it still had a lot of cons that i didn't like so i don't think i will be repurchasing it any time soon.