Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/18/2017 10:25:00 AM

Let me tell you all the truth about Cetaphil and Galderma products......the main ingredient is Petroleum aka Petrolatum aka Parrifium Liquidum. Its literally vaseline plastered on your face. I too was prescribed this product as well as the Galderma moisturizer, Nutraderm, by my Dermatologist! I just have to add, Cetaphil is crap for removing make up even after oil cleansing. I used it for many years and my skin was fine,until, I started getting really bad acne that just wouldn’t go away. I started researching the ingredients and found that Petrolatum is just a pharmaceutical grade plastic layer that is placed over the skin and basically stops your natural oils from evaporating ie. Suffocating your pores. I stopped all my Galderma products and opted for organic, natural skincare products. Then the crap hit the fan. My skins barrier practically stopped functioning because for so many years, my skin thought it was producing enough sebum because it did not evaporate so it basically underproduced sebum. So my skin became extremely sensitive and dehydrated. I started using the Dermalogica Ultra Calming range which focusses on repairing the skins own Barrier and not making it lazy. And I gotta say, my skin has never looked better. My acne cleared 3months after I stopped all Petroleum products on my face. My acne was caused by layers upon layers of suffocating plastic and my pores just needed to breathe! I have been using petroleum free products for 4years now and what used to be severely dry skin is now skin that only needs body lotion every other day. I still use Dermalogica on my face (because Natural face washes just don’t remove make up properly) and Organic natural body washes in the shower. They are filled with anti oxidants that rid your skin of free radicals which is a must.

on 11/17/2017 7:12:00 PM

i love the texture of this cleanser, it is almost a creamy sort of liquid consistency. the smell is nice and it feels good on the skin. for me personally, it didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry after cleansing. however, this cleanser is not ph-balanced so i could not risk using it long-term. using too high of a ph soap on your face can damage your skin's natural moisture barrier and cause dryness, irritation, and acne. that is one reason that a lot of people have that type of experience with this cleanser.

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and hydrated after I use it; although, I do have oily skin. I also use it in the mornings to cleanse and again, it’s not drying. The pump dispenser is also huge plus for me. I’d definitely buy this again!
Update- CVS constantly has deals on Cetaphil, so another win for me!

on 10/22/2017 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I rarely review skin care or cleanser for that matter, but since I really didn't had a good experience with this product I thought I could leave my thoughts here.

I have acne pretty easily sadly, after seeing adds of this product and so many reviews of people enjoying it I choosed to give it a go.
I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I used it for more than 6 months because I really wanted to give it a solid try, but this product only gave me more acne and made my skin even more sensitive. After stopping using it I started to have less acne and my skin came back to normal.

So, maybe it's because I have a combo skin type that it didn't worked for me.
But over all I do not recomend it, and I wil certainly not buy it again!

on 11/10/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this few years ago when my friend suggested it. At that time i had quite a lot of acnes. from my experience it is not cleansing enough, my face was left feeling oily afterwards. For people who have normal-dry face it would it good but for people like me who has oily-combination skin better find something else.

on 11/13/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I always use this one.
I like it:)

it almost empty I have to
go buy it:)

on 10/6/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is my new best friend. It's the type of product I would've shied away from before, because it doesn't feel like your typical cleanser. It's cream based and doesn't foam up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean, a feeling I used to associate with a cleanser doing its job. Now I know better, and understand that the dry tightness most cleansers leave me with isn't good. By contrast, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I usually double-cleanse in the evening to take off make-up and the day's grime. I rinse with water and moisturize afterwards. In the morning, I find cleansing once is enough. On the back of the bottle it says you don't have to rinse it off - it's fine to leave on. I was skeptical, but during a vacation I found myself without a sink for a week (what a fun surprise!) and tried it. I was expecting to break out like crazy, and was really pleased to see that my skin didn't react at all!

I feel like the price for Cetaphil can be a little steep, depending on where you shop. If you wait for sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal. A lot of stores also make their own store brand with the exact same ingredients, and the ones I've tried have been pretty good too.

on 10/22/2017 3:39:00 PM

Excellent product. I have combo dehydrated skin with it being oily in the summer. I’ve always used face wash that was for oily skin and in turn was over drying my skin making it oily but very dehydrated. To remedy that, I have started using Cetaphil and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin. It has rebalanced my skin. I use it without water in the morning. I rub all over my face then use a warm wet face towel to remove. At night I remove makeup with a micellar water then go in with this. I will not be without this now.

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

I used to hate this product. I thought it wasn't doing anything to my skin but when I started to do double cleansing, (The Face Shop Cleansing Milk as the first step) I thought I should use something mild for the second step so I bought this again. (I also use Epiduo to treat my acne) Now my skin feels soft and I rarely get acne anymore, I just have some acne scars left.

I 100% recommend this for people with sensitive skin.