Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.9

I was staying overnight at a friend's house, and getting ready for bed. When I discovered I did not have my professional cleanser with me only a professional cleanser a friend had given to me. I use what she gave me only to find my skin was dry after using her facial wash. The second night I saw Cetaphil Body Lotion n the closet and decided to try it. It left my skin nice as smooth and silky. Cetaphil is really a good skin care product, you should try it. I know I am going to try the cleanser now that I see how well the lotion works and it recovered my dry skin.

Excellent cleanser that leaves the skin feeling so soft, it's tempting not to put moisturiser on! I have very sensitive skin and this product is very gentle. You only need a small amount and it is really good for getting most of your mascara off. I always find a bit of mascara under my eyes in the morning but i don't often wear makeup so that is a minor issue but I do use Cetaphil daily -I never wash my face.

on 9/3/2016 1:58:00 PM

i've been using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and their moisturizing lotion for years. The cleanser I use for my face (together with Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser) and the moisturizing lotion for my body. My facial skin is n/o but fair with prone to rosacea flareups. They're not that often as they used to be as I use also prescription Metro Lotion as well. I use Redness Solutions Foundation on my cheeks only(but that's a different review altogether). I absolutely love the Cetaphil Cleanser. It is so gentle and soothing and leaves my face feeling soft and "normal", not tight. My dermatologist had recommended Cerave, but I tried it and prefer the Cetaphil. I hope they don't discontinue it.

on 6/16/2016 12:23:00 AM

I love this stuff. I have not had a dry patch or blemish since I started useing it nightly over 2 years sgo...It lightly moisturizes my face. I do a light water splash and pat dry with towel in summer, in the winter I use it twice. Once to get the makeup off then a quick rinse and a second time lighty massaged into the skin and wiped off with towel. It helps with the winter dryness and leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft. NO tight feeling as with some other cleansers and soap.

on 2/7/2016 8:32:00 PM

I started using this cleanser only about six months ago. Having mature skin I was looking for something that was both cleansing and kind to my complexion. I do not mind the fragrance but I can't say I would repurchase it. To be honest it doesn't always clean my face as well as I like. I use a Neutrogena make up remover cloth prior to using this and still have to double check to make sure the Cetaphil has completely cleaned my face. I will finish this container but would not recommend it.

on 1/6/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am 58 years old....I have been using this to clean my face since I was 12..... That is a lot of years and a lot of bottles of Cetaphil!!!! I won't use anything else !

Although I like this type of cleanser and Cetaphil does a good job at cleansing, I wouldn't buy it again because I found out that the company tests on animals. I switched to Cerave because it does all the things Cetaphil does but better and they don't test on animals.

on 3/22/2015 9:18:00 AM

I've been using Cetaphil for years after reading about it in "Don't Go To The Makeup Counter Without Me." I have recently discovered that my drugstore (Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada) makes an identical cleanser under their store brand name "Life." It is positioned in the store right beside the original Cetaphil. The 2 products have the same ingredients and are identical right down to the packaging. I buy the store brand because it is so much cheaper.

I have been using Cetaphil and Cetaphil only for 20 years. It is gentle on the skin and does not leave a film. Your skin just feels clean. Like it is supposed to. I also mix this with baking soda once a week for a cheap scrub. Would never be without this product.

on 8/2/2014 7:46:00 AM

I have had combination skin my entire adult life. I tend to get cystic acne, and have always had to be careful what I used to clean my face. I wear foundation every day, including a high SPF moisturizer. Cetaphil is the best cleanser I have ever used, and I have tried nearly everything on the market, including dermatologist regimens and some of the most expensive beauty brands on the market. For other reviewers who complained that Cetaphil doesn't seem to clean their skin thoroughly, it may be that they are used to foaming cleansers (which this is not) or to that "squeaky clean" feeling, which is not really necessary for clean skin.
My best use of this cleanser is following: I remove my eye and lip makeup with an eye makeup remover for waterproof makeup, since I wear waterproof mascara and lipstick. Then I apply about a teaspoon to dry skin. This seems to give the cleanser "traction," and feels like it holds onto the makeup as I work it around my face. If my face is already wet, it feels too slippery, although it still cleanses well.
After working the cleanser over my face and throat, I use a wet, warm face cloth to wipe the emulsion off, then rinse with clear water. My skin feels very clean, not tight or oily, just clean and soft. In the morning, I rinse my skin with cool water and pat dry, then apply moisturizer. My skin has not broken out once in the year I have used only Cetaphil for cleansing, despite switching foundations, powders and other parts of my skin regimen, so I believe I can credit Cetaphil for my soft, comfortable, worry-free skin.