Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
No Title

2.6

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Highly overated,unless you are Extremley oily..Like Purpose or Basis better,not as drying or irritating.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Here I am, 46 y/young, and I've just discovered this product! Actually, I discovered it through my teenage son who's having his fair share of acne. The dermatologist recommended it, and since then I've been using it as well as my teenage daughter. We all have different types of skin, and are all getting very good results from it. I've got fairly dry skin with occasional breakouts, and this cleanser is very gentle, doesn't upset my sensitive skin and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight after cleansing. My daughter says it's almost like a lotion, but it's really a cleanser, but it feels like a lotion, it's like... the bomb! It's true, and we'll be buying the Costco size for some time to come. A+

on 9/26/2006 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am DSPW
This product did not work for me-my skin felt irritated and it did an rotten job of removing makeup.
Definately a pass on this one for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I, like many others, did not like this product. The non-foaming was not a problem, I just didn't feel like it cleaned my face. I have very dry, sensitive skin, and I really don't want something that makes my skin squeaky, but this, was too much the other direction - I felt sort of slimed. I love the Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser, it doesn't foam either, but it makes your skin feel wonderful, hydrated, and clean.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Before finding my HG cleanser ( Skin Effects sold at CVS ) this did absolutely nothing in terms of cleaning. I don't understand the hype either. The ingredient list isn't anything great, and left my DSPW face feeling extra dry. My face turned beet red after using, not a good sign. Oh well, I see there are others with similiar experiences. I don't normally knock inexpensive products ( my product reviews reflect that ), but this really isn't for me. Cetaphil kinda reminds me of the Noxema & Ponds, I used in high school when there weren't many good cleansers around ( mid 70's ). Those had a similiar effect, as Cetaphil. I'm happy for those that are having a positive experience with this product.

on 1/29/2008 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I do not understand the bad reviews for this product. It's not for everyone- nothing is. But this is a great product and costs so little, a huge pump bottle costs around $10 where I live. I've been using this for over 15 years. I have rosacea, started using Cetaphil to calm the burning feeling my face gets. Let me tell you that this is the gentlest cleanser there is. I tried expensive rosacea products and they burned; this does not. When my face needs extra soothing, I smooth Cetaphil onto my skin without water, then wipe it off using a soft cotton pad. When my skin feels good (most days, thanks to the regimen I keep), I smooth it on and splash it off. I leave it on for a while and shower it off a few times a week so it acts as a moisturizing mask and if I'm not wearing mascara, I can use it remove eye makeup too.
If you have rosacea or dry skin, don't spend a lot of money on fancy stuff, buy the 2-pack pump of Cetaphil at Costco, then splurge on some perfume!

on 3/3/2008 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this cleanser every morning in the shower. My skin always feels smooth and soft. A classic.