Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/9/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't washed my face with soap for decades. I have been using Cetaphil. I have only skin, even at 60 yrs old and it cleanses beautifully. I follow up with an antiwrinkle moisturizer with sunscreen. My daughter also use it for their acne prone skin. I transfer it to a pretty pump soap decanter on my sink.

on 6/14/2017 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So I'm taking back everything I said before about this product. Turns out it wasn't cleansing as well as I thought. Evidenced by gradual increase in foundation-colored blackheads, whiteheads and general congestion of the skin. I have swapped to first cleanse with micellar water to kick-start makeup removal and then Dermeze which is in the same area of the pharmacy as Cetaphil. It contains glycerine and silk protein, cleanses really well and leaves my skin MEGA soft. Happy I have swapped it.

on 5/16/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used for years but decided ultimately it didn't do much in terms of cleansing or make up removal. (However it did remove nonwaterproof eye make up when used with a q tip). When I was oiler, I preferred Cerave foaming or Purpose to this. Now that my combo skin is drier and older, I prefer cerave hydrating, micellar water (currently using CVS brand version of Garnier pink bottle) or nearly natural unscented liquid glycerin soap. Note: MUA reviewer Eire1 (under the listing Paula's choice hydrating foaming cleanser) provided a suggestion to combine Cetaphil with Cerave, which I might try (since I have both). For eye make up removal, I use Bliss lid and lash.

on 5/4/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great cleanser for my super sensitive, dry skin. It is much better than Clinique's Extra Mild Liquid Cleanser, which was too drying and caused my skin to itch. I don't wear any eye makeup and just a little tinted moisturizer/blush, so the cleanser removes that very well. It might not work well if you wore a full face of makeup.

Just picked up 3 pack from Sam's to avoid making mistake of buying "compare to Cetaphil" product merchandised next to Cetaphil on retail shelf. Dermatologist recommended brand when I was on heavy acne medication. I strayed away but always return. I use to remove makeup and eye makeup. It doesn't sting eyes. Everyone is different and I appreciate reading the reviews.

on 4/21/2017 12:35:00 PM

I have dry, sometimes sore and irritated skin so thought this would be a good choice as Cetaphil Cream is amazing for these conditions. Although this feels gentle and soothing to use, it does not clean your skin very well. It definitely doesn't clean off makeup or foundation. After using this and then using a toner, I could still see a lot of makeup on the cotton wool ball. If your skin isn't cleansed properly you are just asking for more skin problems. As long as you are prepared to use a secondary cleansing product to remove makeup or oil build up, then this is a nice gentle cleanser to finish with.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A gentle cleanser that does a good job at removing makeup without drying the skin. I've used it primarily as a facial cleanser and for my body in the shower, but it's not as practical for body use because it takes a lot of product. It's good for those times when your skin is going berserk from allergies, a breakout, a bad reaction to a cosmetic product, etc...
It is an excellent waterless cleanser, I have used it while minimalist traveling on the back of a motorcycle and would definitely consider taking it hiking because it can be rubbed into the face a bit to loosen up sunscreen & dirt/dust from travels, and wiped off with a dry washrag. However, a wet one works best - it is extremely refreshing at the end of the day when camp is set up and it's time to change into some fresh clothes after cleaning up yer nooks with a little of this cleanser. I have also heard good things from someone who used it on another who was bedridden and suffering from eczema because the patient reacted poorly to being cleaned with anything requiring water.
It is what it is - a basic no frills cleanser with some excellent uses, but it has no beneficial ingredients whatsoever. Anyone who is against products with parabens will be alarmed at the ingredients label (three different kinds are used) as this is a straight up all chemical product, nothing natural going on here. I put that I would repurchase it because I will seek out a travel size to use for travels, but as far as a daily facial cleanser, I have preference towards other products.

on 2/6/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Great for SUPER SENSITIVE bodies like mine. Just about every bodywash makes me dry and itchy, even those that are specially formulated for sensitive skin can cause discomfort. This is a cleanser for the face, but can also be used for the body. There aren't any suds, but it gets you clean and feeling nice.

on 11/24/2016 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is all that it could be for the price and it is supposed to be for sensitive skin. I don't know too much about the claims, I recently used a certain facial soap that irritated my skin and had to use something that was very gentle on my face, so I picked this one, the price was right and the claims was ok. My problem is that this stuff doesn't lather up at all so my face doesn't feel as clean as it should be and it dries your skin out something terrible, I had to use tons of moisturizers. The smell is ok and I bought the bar so the texture was as of that of a regular soap, nothing special! I think that it did it's job as to being gentle on my face for a while but it is very drying for me. If I had to buy it again, NO I wouldn't I think next time I would try Aveeno.

on 11/24/2016 2:23:00 AM

A lot of hype about this product but for me it was just so-so, my skin felt soft and everything but it didn't get that deep down clean and I need that because i wear make up on a daily