Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by age: 36-43
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.4

on 10/22/2017 3:39:00 PM

Excellent product. I have combo dehydrated skin with it being oily in the summer. I’ve always used face wash that was for oily skin and in turn was over drying my skin making it oily but very dehydrated. To remedy that, I have started using Cetaphil and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin. It has rebalanced my skin. I use it without water in the morning. I rub all over my face then use a warm wet face towel to remove. At night I remove makeup with a micellar water then go in with this. I will not be without this now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try Cetaphil after reading a lot of positive reviews about it. This is a very gentle facial cleanser, and I do not smell any fragrance on it. Before buying this cleanser, I always thought that this is a kind of face wash. Turn out, this is not a face wash. I read on the packaging that this cleanser can be used on dry face, or wet face, which I think is a good idea. I have flexibility to use it on dry or wet face. I use this wet after I remove my makeup with my cleaning lotion. However, I have to say that this cleanser is not for me. This is way to gentle for my preference. I prefer to remove my makeup with cleansing balm or cleansing lotion, follow by foamy face wash. I like my facial wash have a little foam when I use it. I will finish this off, but I don't plan to repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A true DS gem! I got the one for oily skin. I like to use it In the AM to get off all of the oil that accumulated during the night. It has an unpleasant scent to me imo. I use it on my face dry then scrub off w a wash cloth. Cleanses well. Good stuff!! Will take off traces of makeup (use micellar water before). I wouldn't recommend using this as your principle makeup remover. It won't dissolve the makeup in my experience but it will take off any last bits you missed. Won't sting if you accidentally get a little in your eye.

on 8/27/2017 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

one of my fave cleansers of all time! even bets some high end I've tried. I find it hard to find a good cleanser for my combo skin, this is one of the few I'm in love with!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a nice gentle cleanser. Now that I'm in my 30s I'm over the super foamy harsh stripping cleansers from my teen years for good. I want to treat my skin with kid gloves now. This removes excess oil and makeup at the end of the day and can be used in every season without overdrying. But I do use Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad first so that I get every ounce of makeup off. The combination of these 2 products makes my skin baby soft!!! I highly recommend them both together. In the morning, I rinse again with Cetaphil alone to keep my oily skin at bay and it works to keep it balanced.

on 8/25/2017 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried this many times due to the hype but finally realised that it is just not for me. If I use this my skin starts to clog up.

Me
Age 42
Combination skin
Sensitive to some silicones ie dimethicone rich products trigger blackheads.
Mac Prolongwear NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think everyone has tried Cetaphil. You can buy it everywhere, it's pretty cheap, and it's 'dermatologist recommended'.

We are a pretty sensitive crew at our house, so I gave this a spin. It's unscented which we always appreciate. It's gentle, 'tis true. Unfortunately, it's cleaning action is also rather gentle.

This doesn't do a very good job of removing makeup at all, so it's better as a morning wash. I've found my face is just as happy in the mornings with using water to rinse with a facecloth (it's looking pretty happy, actually!). I've been using Garnier Micellar at night and I like that a lot better (no sticky gooey soap sensation).

I'm afraid this face wash is now unemployed at our house, until some new family member wants to give it a spin.

Love this product used it for years , does not irritate my eyes as well

on 4/19/2017 2:47:00 PM

I only use this when my I am having breakouts for whatever reason. It really stops the breakouts and they seem to heal faster. However when I use it every day when my skin isnt acting up I find it very drying. I love the pump and rhe price is great as one lasts me forever only using it occasionally

on 3/14/2017 3:05:00 AM

I tried this 3 times. I just could not continue for more. I ended up using it as a hand soap. It does not clean at all. The skin feels greasy after use and the mascara of course is still going strong on the eyes. It does not even budge. It is a little nothing that somehow disguised itself as a face cleanser. Sorry but no.