Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.4

on 10/6/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is my new best friend. It's the type of product I would've shied away from before, because it doesn't feel like your typical cleanser. It's cream based and doesn't foam up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean, a feeling I used to associate with a cleanser doing its job. Now I know better, and understand that the dry tightness most cleansers leave me with isn't good. By contrast, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I usually double-cleanse in the evening to take off make-up and the day's grime. I rinse with water and moisturize afterwards. In the morning, I find cleansing once is enough. On the back of the bottle it says you don't have to rinse it off - it's fine to leave on. I was skeptical, but during a vacation I found myself without a sink for a week (what a fun surprise!) and tried it. I was expecting to break out like crazy, and was really pleased to see that my skin didn't react at all!

I feel like the price for Cetaphil can be a little steep, depending on where you shop. If you wait for sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal. A lot of stores also make their own store brand with the exact same ingredients, and the ones I've tried have been pretty good too.

on 9/17/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a travel-size bottle of this for my mom when she came to visit and have kept it on hand for her visits since. She has dry, mature skin. When my fourth baby had a terrible case of baby acne (which showed up at three weeks old) made worse by heat rash (from hot humid weather when she was four weeks old) I decided to try this cleanser since it is non-foaming. I smoothed it on her face, neck, and scalp, let it sit for five minutes then gently dabbed it off. I did this daily and a week later her skin dramatically improved. The acne had started to dry up and the redness reduced. Her skin was never irritated by this cleanser. Be careful with babies to keep this out of their eyes as this is not tear-free. As the baby acne turned into cradle cap, this helps lift the scaly, oily flakes off. I have combination/oily skin and I actually found this drying. Weird. When my oldest started to have her first blemishes, had her use this and a gateway cleanser. She’s only twelve, but it’s kept her dry skin under control. I’ll always keep some of this cleanser on hand.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser is very okay. I don't think it is special, but it isn't supposed to have a lot of frills. It is very gentle, so if you need something for very sensitive skin, rosacea, a bad sunburn, etc then this is good for that when used with warm water. However, when used this way, it did leave my skin a little greasy. I think it is best as a makeup remover (applied to dry skin and wiped away with a dry cloth/cotton pad/etc) and followed by another cleanser, especially if you have oily or problem skin. For my own personal preference I would prefer to use a gentle cleanser that also does remove makeup since over-cleansing can be very drying and irritating to my skin, especially if I am having issues with rosacea. I don't think I would repurchase it at this time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.

on 8/16/2017 3:55:00 AM

Been using this for years. No bad side effects ever. Extremely mild but cleanses really well. Oil and dirt never stand a chance. It's not too perfumed so it doesn't feel like you have to wash with something else to remove the fake smell like other premium washes. Recommended. Will buy forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A really gentle and great cleanser. Does not work for me because my skin is notoriously difficult, I find that most products break me out terribly but this gem works wonders for my friends with less finicky skin. For example, my best friend uses micellar water first to get make up off, then this and also uses it in the morning. Her skin that used to be dry and dull is now glowy and nice.

I know it's weird to review products for others but I know so many people for whom this works so well, I thought I just might :)

I used to be oily but I've become more combination as time has passed. I don't use this Cetaphil cleanser daily but it's nice to have when my skin is feeling drier than not by the end of the day. It's also great that this cleanser is moisturizing because every now and again I need to give my skin a night off from acne treatments and simply add some moisture back in by simply cleansing with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and going to bed with a no frills moisturizer on. I could liikely use this cleanser daily with no issue but for now it's a good occasional night off for my indecisive skin.

on 5/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This cleanser is great for my 'confused' skin condition right now - breakout, oily, dry, sensitive / red & sometimes itchy. I use this on a dry face in the morning & afternoon and wipe off with a tissue as it cleans so much better. Then I would use a stronger cleanser at night to wash every grime off before I go to bed. I think it's a great cleanser for people with "unstable/crazy' skin conditions. The packaging is really boring though, but it's def not a high priority for me at this time. I've just purchased a 2nd bigger bottle.

on 2/5/2017 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this is a very gentle cleanser, it will not remove makeup and is probably better for those who have dry, itchy sensitive skin. It reminds me a lot of Cerave hydrating cleanser but I don't quite like this one as much. This is okay for a morning facewash if my face has very dry spots but often my face is not dry enough for it, I have more combo skin with a very oily t-zone. This certainly does not leave my face feeling clean, it actually feels like I added a light moisturizer after washing with this. 3.5 is a more honest rating. Likely will not repurchase as I am not finding I have much use for it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My go to cleanser for use with my clarasonic. I love it. Leaves my skin really nice and even though it's not for that I sometimes use it to remove makeup. I used to use Johnson & Johnson purpose but I honestly haven't repurchase that in months if not over a year, I just prefer this. I have well-behaved pretty good skin that is slightly oily.