Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by age: 30-35
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.4

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like this a lot and have already repurchased. I have rosacea so like to stay away from foaming cleansers. This feels like a lotion but washes off well, without drying out my face. It’s reasonably price me - £14.99 got me a ridiculously large bottle with a pump which is convenient and easy to use. I like that this is as plain as you can get but works well. No scent, no colour, no soap. This is my second cleanse after Body Shop camomile cleansing balm and my skin is lovely. Still red, but otherwise in good condition.

I wanted to love this product, but honestly there's so many chemicals in it and it makes me feel like I have to wash my face after I use it. I wish they made a version that didn't have all these chemicals in it.

on 11/28/2017 4:03:00 PM

I bought this cleanser when I was going through a bout of adult acne. I was already taking antibiotics and using topical ointments on my acne so I didn't want to use anything chemical-laden on my face. It didn't really make my acne worse but it didn't help either. I definitely think I needed something stronger for my combination skin because it is far too gentle. I also didn't like its consistency...I sometimes felt like I couldn't rinse it off properly. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with combination or oily skin.

on 10/6/2017 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is my new best friend. It's the type of product I would've shied away from before, because it doesn't feel like your typical cleanser. It's cream based and doesn't foam up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean, a feeling I used to associate with a cleanser doing its job. Now I know better, and understand that the dry tightness most cleansers leave me with isn't good. By contrast, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I usually double-cleanse in the evening to take off make-up and the day's grime. I rinse with water and moisturize afterwards. In the morning, I find cleansing once is enough. On the back of the bottle it says you don't have to rinse it off - it's fine to leave on. I was skeptical, but during a vacation I found myself without a sink for a week (what a fun surprise!) and tried it. I was expecting to break out like crazy, and was really pleased to see that my skin didn't react at all!

I feel like the price for Cetaphil can be a little steep, depending on where you shop. If you wait for sales, you can usually get a pretty good deal. A lot of stores also make their own store brand with the exact same ingredients, and the ones I've tried have been pretty good too.

on 9/17/2017 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought a travel-size bottle of this for my mom when she came to visit and have kept it on hand for her visits since. She has dry, mature skin. When my fourth baby had a terrible case of baby acne (which showed up at three weeks old) made worse by heat rash (from hot humid weather when she was four weeks old) I decided to try this cleanser since it is non-foaming. I smoothed it on her face, neck, and scalp, let it sit for five minutes then gently dabbed it off. I did this daily and a week later her skin dramatically improved. The acne had started to dry up and the redness reduced. Her skin was never irritated by this cleanser. Be careful with babies to keep this out of their eyes as this is not tear-free. As the baby acne turned into cradle cap, this helps lift the scaly, oily flakes off. I have combination/oily skin and I actually found this drying. Weird. When my oldest started to have her first blemishes, had her use this and a gateway cleanser. She’s only twelve, but it’s kept her dry skin under control. I’ll always keep some of this cleanser on hand.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser is very okay. I don't think it is special, but it isn't supposed to have a lot of frills. It is very gentle, so if you need something for very sensitive skin, rosacea, a bad sunburn, etc then this is good for that when used with warm water. However, when used this way, it did leave my skin a little greasy. I think it is best as a makeup remover (applied to dry skin and wiped away with a dry cloth/cotton pad/etc) and followed by another cleanser, especially if you have oily or problem skin. For my own personal preference I would prefer to use a gentle cleanser that also does remove makeup since over-cleansing can be very drying and irritating to my skin, especially if I am having issues with rosacea. I don't think I would repurchase it at this time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser is a light barely creamy cleanser that feels nice. It definitely gave me breakouts + a cystic one though (I rarely get), which is probably because it contains 3 different parabens, so I refuse to use it again. If you are acne prone avoid this at all cost.

on 8/16/2017 3:55:00 AM

Been using this for years. No bad side effects ever. Extremely mild but cleanses really well. Oil and dirt never stand a chance. It's not too perfumed so it doesn't feel like you have to wash with something else to remove the fake smell like other premium washes. Recommended. Will buy forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A really gentle and great cleanser. Does not work for me because my skin is notoriously difficult, I find that most products break me out terribly but this gem works wonders for my friends with less finicky skin. For example, my best friend uses micellar water first to get make up off, then this and also uses it in the morning. Her skin that used to be dry and dull is now glowy and nice.

I know it's weird to review products for others but I know so many people for whom this works so well, I thought I just might :)

I used to be oily but I've become more combination as time has passed. I don't use this Cetaphil cleanser daily but it's nice to have when my skin is feeling drier than not by the end of the day. It's also great that this cleanser is moisturizing because every now and again I need to give my skin a night off from acne treatments and simply add some moisture back in by simply cleansing with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and going to bed with a no frills moisturizer on. I could liikely use this cleanser daily with no issue but for now it's a good occasional night off for my indecisive skin.