Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.5

on 6/21/2002 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's so funny... I have used this off and on since I was born. My skin is extremely sensitive, and I started having rashes shortly after I was born. (I have several bad allergies and eczema.) My mom would use this on me all the time. I still use this, when my eczema flares up. It is very gentle, and cleanses well enough. It doesn't dry my skin either, which is essential! However, I prefer to use a sudsy cleanser when my skin is more normal. I just feel more fresh with something sudsy! But this is defn. a wonderful cleanser!

on 1/1/2003 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product as I had heard many good reviews on it.

I really didn't feel like my face was clean afterwards. Luckily, I was able to return it to the drugstore.

on 2/28/2003 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand why this is so recommended; it makes my face hurt. My skin feels tight, but not necessarily clean. (Don't even think about using this to remove your makeup!) And I have more clogged pores.
I can't think of a skin type that this would be good for.

me: extremely dry, sensitive skin with random spots

www.cetaphil.com continued >>

on 1/29/2004 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Horrible product! I have very sensitive skin, which is why I tried this. I broke out horribly and had to use cortisone to rid myself of the ensuing rash. I recently started using Dermalogica products and have noticed a vast improvement in my skin. I would not recommend any Cetaphil products (I have tried the moisturizer too).

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I Love This Stuff!!!! I Have Very Senstive/ Dry Skin. Its Great I Use IT With Or WithOut Water. Its Soft and Smooth AND Leaves ME Breakout Free. IS AN AWESOME Thing TO Have WHEN Camping Cuz YOU DONT HAVE To Rinse WITH Water Unless U Want, Which I USUALLY Do BUT WHEN Camping ITS A LiL Diff. WHEN YOU DONT Rise IT OFF WITH Water IT Just Leaves a Nice Soft Thin Layer Kinnda Like Mositerizer! I LOVE IT I Give IT A Thumbs Up!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've beenusing Cetaphil for years and really like it. In fact, I found that the generic drugstore brand had gritty particles in it, so I'm sticking with name brand. I have extremely bad eczema on my face, and this is on of the only things that doesn't sting. I don't think it does the best job removing makeup, so for that I use Kiehl's Ultra Moisturizing Cleansing Creme. Otherwise, Cetaphil is great as a general substitute for face wash or soap. I've even used it to clean my body when I get eczema breakouts on my arms and legs.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my HG product for the face (sorry, overused phrase I know). I can't go without it. for my Retin-A treated, acne-prone but potentially dry skin, I have to use it! If I use ANY other cleanser, I either break out or my skin becomes cracked and dry again. So in a sense I have a sense of relief for the end of the road in cleanser experimentation. This evens out reactive skin like nothing else, and I can't figure out why-- the ingredients list is nothing special. If you're curious, get past the non-stripped feeling-- that's comfortable skin you have after using Cetaphil, and it will remove your makeup very well.

on 8/6/2006 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's gentle, didn't bother my skin when I had a very bad eczema flare, but it doesn't clean all that well (and doesn't lather). I broke out and found out from a friend that she did too when she used this. It doesn't seem to strip my skin of moisture though but I prefer Dove sensitive bar soap.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

on 3/5/2007 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I had a flare up (rosacea), and my dermatologist recommended this. The minute this cleanser touched my face, it stung. It was so painful I did not look forward to washing my face. I used it again when my skin was normal and it stung as well.