Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by age: 25-29
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/18/2017 10:25:00 AM

Let me tell you all the truth about Cetaphil and Galderma products......the main ingredient is Petroleum aka Petrolatum aka Parrifium Liquidum. Its literally vaseline plastered on your face. I too was prescribed this product as well as the Galderma moisturizer, Nutraderm, by my Dermatologist! I just have to add, Cetaphil is crap for removing make up even after oil cleansing. I used it for many years and my skin was fine,until, I started getting really bad acne that just wouldn’t go away. I started researching the ingredients and found that Petrolatum is just a pharmaceutical grade plastic layer that is placed over the skin and basically stops your natural oils from evaporating ie. Suffocating your pores. I stopped all my Galderma products and opted for organic, natural skincare products. Then the crap hit the fan. My skins barrier practically stopped functioning because for so many years, my skin thought it was producing enough sebum because it did not evaporate so it basically underproduced sebum. So my skin became extremely sensitive and dehydrated. I started using the Dermalogica Ultra Calming range which focusses on repairing the skins own Barrier and not making it lazy. And I gotta say, my skin has never looked better. My acne cleared 3months after I stopped all Petroleum products on my face. My acne was caused by layers upon layers of suffocating plastic and my pores just needed to breathe! I have been using petroleum free products for 4years now and what used to be severely dry skin is now skin that only needs body lotion every other day. I still use Dermalogica on my face (because Natural face washes just don’t remove make up properly) and Organic natural body washes in the shower. They are filled with anti oxidants that rid your skin of free radicals which is a must.

on 11/13/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I always use this one.
I like it:)

it almost empty I have to
go buy it:)

on 11/5/2017 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as my second step cleanser. It’s so gentle just like the name says. My skin feels so good and not dry at all after I use it. I also use it in the mornings and again, it’s not drying. Idk how it’d feel for dry skin because i have oily skin. I also really like the pump dispenser. I’d definitely buy this again!

Love Cetaphil Skin Cleanser! So gentle on me, and well priced given how big the bottle is. I have eczema and this is one of the only washes I can use. I've been a loyal Cetaphil user for over 4 years.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I saw my first dermatologist when I was 9 because of severe acne. At his office there were a ton of cetaphil samples, and he recommended this face wash. I used this for years. Finally I switched to Clean & Clear (Deep Action Face Wash) and my skin immediately improved. My face was brighter and I had less acne. I think Cetaphil made my break outs worse because it uses a lot of SLS, which is comedogenic & irritating to the skin.

This facial wash just does not cut it. Especially if you have oily skin or wear makeup. I've heard the company who owns this facial wash, Galderma, pays dermatologists to promote Cetaphil (I'm not sure if this is true! I do wonder why my derm as so many samples though). Galderma has created great products (such as differin & tri luma), but there are many other excellent facial washes. Aveeno Moisturizing Facial Bar, Clinique Facial Bar, Clean & Clear, & Olay all have great facial washes for around the same price or lower. If you use Cetaphil I dare you to try another facial wash for a few weeks--I bet your skin will improve.

on 9/9/2017 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After trying and loving Cetaphil's moisturising cream I wanted to try their gentle skin cleanser for my sensitive, dehydrated but oily acne prone skin. This product doesn't foam and I find I need to use a lot of it to cleanse properly. The two times I've use it after rinsing off, towelling dry and moisturising my skin felt itchy (face and body). I don't use cleanser in the morning but I felt like my face was much greasier the next day and I would start to break out by the end of the day. I won't be trialling this anymore.

Sorry but this product is a joke. I have used so many products that were good, great and not so great but this one honestly was the worst. It didn't clean, it didn't remove make-up but in all honesty, not sure if its supposed to and it left a film on my face. I actually felt like I put another layer of gooey cream over my make-up. My doctor told me to buy this for my sensitive skin - no she insisted I buy it so I now question all of her other advice. LOL. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser on and off for over 10 years. However in the past few months I realised that my skin has become so flaky and dehydrated, I believe because of long term use of this product. My skin barrier has become completely shot, probably because of the sulfates. The ingredients don't break me out necessarily, however my skin becomes so dry that I break out from the dryness ( excess oil, dead skin etc). I recently tried it again and within 4 days my skin was dried out and tight. I just wonder how many of the skin issues I faced in the past were actually exacerbated by the product without me realising, surfice to say I won't be using it again.

I used this product on my dry skin. Moisturizing works well and it has some sort of chemical odor. Overall, it is good to used in the Winter time.

on 6/26/2017 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This cleanser is very, very mild. I only use this in the morning after waking up, it's a good way to cleanse your face when it's already free of makeup or gunk. This will NOT remove makeup or even deep dirt from a long day, this would be a good product to use after a micellar water has been used or in the morning when you just need to refresh your face. It leaves your skin soft, smooth and feeling plumped.