Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by age: 19-24
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/17/2017 7:12:00 PM

i love the texture of this cleanser, it is almost a creamy sort of liquid consistency. the smell is nice and it feels good on the skin. for me personally, it didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry after cleansing. however, this cleanser is not ph-balanced so i could not risk using it long-term. using too high of a ph soap on your face can damage your skin's natural moisture barrier and cause dryness, irritation, and acne. that is one reason that a lot of people have that type of experience with this cleanser.

on 11/10/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this few years ago when my friend suggested it. At that time i had quite a lot of acnes. from my experience it is not cleansing enough, my face was left feeling oily afterwards. For people who have normal-dry face it would it good but for people like me who has oily-combination skin better find something else.

on 8/29/2017 8:20:00 PM

Normal to oily skinned people, buy Cetaphil's other cleanser. For my normal skin, this gentle skin cleanser only works to move around the oil on my face, even in the winter time when my skin is the "driest."

on 8/25/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This does not work for acne prone skin. It didn't make mine decrease or make it worse it was the same as before I started using it and after. It is however, a good makeup cleanser for stubborn eye makeup. A white thin gooey liquid. There is no smell to it which I like. I would recommend this for people with dry skin and not those who are acne prone like myself.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't know how I have not reviewed this already - Cetaphil is my holy grail gentle skin cleanser. I have combination skin which is slightly sensitive and Cetaphil does not leave me feeling oily, dry me out or cause any irritation. It also helps clear any breakouts I may have. I use it after taking off my makeup with Micellar Water, and Cetaphil helps remove any lingering makeup as well as the daily oil/dirt buildup on my face. This is a very reasonably priced product, even in Australia, and a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts a very long time. When I use this cleanser, my skin feels clean, fresh and looks less congested than when I use other cleansers. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, I believe it would suit most skin types, including sensitive skins. This product is a staple for me.

on 8/4/2017 4:21:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for about a year, and this is what sparked my interest in skin care in the first place! It's a very basic cleanser but it does what it's supposed to do and It's very gentle with no scent to it. It helped clear up my skin and even after one year of exploring other products I still stick to it. It doesn't remove makeup very well on it's own and therefore I recommend it as a second step after an oil cleanser (I use the Muji oil cleanser) or for use in the morning. It doesn't dry out my face which is good, and it's very gentle for sensitive skin. Another plus is the great price and easy accessibility (Sweden). Only downside is the fact that it doesn't remove makeup on it's own and the design on the packaging is really boring. But overall a great basic product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have been using this for years! So fantastic for dry sensitive skin and also acne prone skin I love this so much will never use something else!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Dehydrated/combo skin (oily t-zone, dry af cheekbones) checking in. I wanted a gentle cleanser to ensure my natural oils aren't stripped. This cleanser has gotten rave reviews.

Pro:
- Didn't break me out
- Yes, it is gentle and did not strip my face of its natural oils
- No scent, great for sensitive skin

Cons:
- Doesn't really clean... lol
- SLS (which isn't a con if you don't care)

The rating is 3/5 lippies because the product is simply MEH. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't make it better. I found other cleansing products that cleaned my face/MU while still keeping my face hydrated and doesn't break me out (protip: Albolene is an amazing hidden gem if you're looking for a gentle moiustirizing yet CLEANS!).

I wouldn't repurchase and I'd recommend other gentle cleansing creams/milks before cetaphil.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My sister suggested this to me but I don't see the hype. It's ok. I use this and black soap and personally I like the black soap way better this just seems like it sits on my face. This clogged my pores bad. It feels like a residue is on my face

on 6/25/2017 4:01:00 PM

Perfect for combination to oily skin... after I started using this I notice that my skin looks better, with less imperfections... I definitely recommend this