Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/25/2018 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, this is the best skin cleanser for my sensitive oily and acne-prone skin. At first, I hated this cleanser bcs it will make my skin super oily after 3-4 hours, and switched to several cleansers after that.. COSRX Low PH Mild Morning Cleanser and Innisfree Cleansers...but these made my skin even worse, I had to bear with the stripping feeling everytime I washed my face, and my skin became more sensitive.. in the end, this cetaphil cleanser saved me... this is the only cleanser ive used so far that is super-duper mild for my skin type. I would totally not change my cleanser again

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would never use this product if I wore makeup that day. It does not remove makeup, but since the product is incredibly gentle, I use it after washing my face with my other cleanser, around my eyes, to make sure there is no mascara residue left. But even then, it doesn't do a great job. So, no... It's not great for my oily and somewhat problematic skin. It doesn't break me out, though.

However, I would only advise using this in the morning, when you don't have a lot of dirt on your face to clean. Don't ever only use this before sleeping if you wore the slightest bit of face makeup (concealer, blush, powder, foundation) during the day, because I doubt this product will remove it for you. Also, I don't enjoy the creamy texture of the cleanser, since it feels as if I am rubbing foamless shampoo on my face, with barely any results. For people who have oily skin, we usually need foam cleansers to get rid of all the built-up dirt.

This cleanser is too hyped up for what it is. It doesn’t cleanse properly! Even for winter months when I can’t use harsh cleansers, this is still too “gentle”. It 100% leaves all makeup and mascara still on. Even on a bare face, I get nose blackheads within days of using this because it doesn’t really clean well. Not sure who’d like this cleanser except people with extremely sensitive skin. Will not repurchase! There are better non-fragranced gentle cleansers on the market that clean. I use this to clean my cartilage ear piercing now.

on 11/10/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this few years ago when my friend suggested it. At that time i had quite a lot of acnes. from my experience it is not cleansing enough, my face was left feeling oily afterwards. For people who have normal-dry face it would it good but for people like me who has oily-combination skin better find something else.

on 8/29/2017 8:20:00 PM

Normal to oily skinned people, buy Cetaphil's other cleanser. For my normal skin, this gentle skin cleanser only works to move around the oil on my face, even in the winter time when my skin is the "driest."

on 8/25/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This does not work for acne prone skin. It didn't make mine decrease or make it worse it was the same as before I started using it and after. It is however, a good makeup cleanser for stubborn eye makeup. A white thin gooey liquid. There is no smell to it which I like. I would recommend this for people with dry skin and not those who are acne prone like myself.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't know how I have not reviewed this already - Cetaphil is my holy grail gentle skin cleanser. I have combination skin which is slightly sensitive and Cetaphil does not leave me feeling oily, dry me out or cause any irritation. It also helps clear any breakouts I may have. I use it after taking off my makeup with Micellar Water, and Cetaphil helps remove any lingering makeup as well as the daily oil/dirt buildup on my face. This is a very reasonably priced product, even in Australia, and a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts a very long time. When I use this cleanser, my skin feels clean, fresh and looks less congested than when I use other cleansers. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, I believe it would suit most skin types, including sensitive skins. This product is a staple for me.

on 8/4/2017 4:21:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for about a year, and this is what sparked my interest in skin care in the first place! It's a very basic cleanser but it does what it's supposed to do and It's very gentle with no scent to it. It helped clear up my skin and even after one year of exploring other products I still stick to it. It doesn't remove makeup very well on it's own and therefore I recommend it as a second step after an oil cleanser (I use the Muji oil cleanser) or for use in the morning. It doesn't dry out my face which is good, and it's very gentle for sensitive skin. Another plus is the great price and easy accessibility (Sweden). Only downside is the fact that it doesn't remove makeup on it's own and the design on the packaging is really boring. But overall a great basic product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have been using this for years! So fantastic for dry sensitive skin and also acne prone skin I love this so much will never use something else!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Dehydrated/combo skin (oily t-zone, dry af cheekbones) checking in. I wanted a gentle cleanser to ensure my natural oils aren't stripped. This cleanser has gotten rave reviews.

Pro:
- Didn't break me out
- Yes, it is gentle and did not strip my face of its natural oils
- No scent, great for sensitive skin

Cons:
- Doesn't really clean... lol
- SLS (which isn't a con if you don't care)

The rating is 3/5 lippies because the product is simply MEH. It didn't make my skin worse but it didn't make it better. I found other cleansing products that cleaned my face/MU while still keeping my face hydrated and doesn't break me out (protip: Albolene is an amazing hidden gem if you're looking for a gentle moiustirizing yet CLEANS!).

I wouldn't repurchase and I'd recommend other gentle cleansing creams/milks before cetaphil.