Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.7

on 10/22/2017 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I rarely review skin care or cleanser for that matter, but since I really didn't had a good experience with this product I thought I could leave my thoughts here.

I have acne pretty easily sadly, after seeing adds of this product and so many reviews of people enjoying it I choosed to give it a go.
I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I used it for more than 6 months because I really wanted to give it a solid try, but this product only gave me more acne and made my skin even more sensitive. After stopping using it I started to have less acne and my skin came back to normal.

So, maybe it's because I have a combo skin type that it didn't worked for me.
But over all I do not recomend it, and I wil certainly not buy it again!

I used to hate this product. I thought it wasn't doing anything to my skin but when I started to do double cleansing, (The Face Shop Cleansing Milk as the first step) I thought I should use something mild for the second step so I bought this again. (I also use Epiduo to treat my acne) Now my skin feels soft and I rarely get acne anymore, I just have some acne scars left.

I 100% recommend this for people with sensitive skin.

I use this as my morning cleanser and it is my holy grail cleanser before I apply makeup. It does not dry up my already dry skin and is amazing at leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed when I start the day. I don't use it as a makeup remover nor a night cleanser but when I use it in the morning, I am in love.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even tell you how many times I've bought this cleanser! It's a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin and for people who can be irritated by harsh soaps and scents. It goes great with their moisturizer as well. Love this cleanser!

on 8/25/2017 3:04:00 AM

So, I bought this because my friend told me it's the best thing ever for acne and that it helped her a lot but it didn't do anything for me. At the same time, it didn't make me break out but it didn't help with my oiliness or skin. It's an average cleanser. It's good for if you need something gentle but if you're looking for something to help your skin I wouldn't really recommend it. (My skin is combination oily)

Pros: No Smell
Very light/gentle
Affordable price

Cons: Doesn't really help your skin
There's other cleansers on the market for the same price range that do more

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use this product years ago as a kid when I first started washing my face. It never made me breakout and it did the job. But now that I'm older and my skin has become oily and acne-prone it doesn't do anything. My face was breaking out and I though that maybe I could switch up cleansers. I used this to wash my face and the day after I got weird bumps in between my brows and around my t zone. I didn't think it would be the cleanser cause it never did that before. I kept using it for 2 days and the cluster of bumps kept getting worse so I finally decided maybe it was the cleanser and i needed to stop using it. The bumps weren't pimples so it might've been some kind of reaction. Either way it didn't do much for me except give me weird bumps. It didn't prevent breakouts or get rid of them so I wouldn't recommend this.

on 1/4/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Whoa! I've been looking for a good cleanser for my acne-prone skin. At first, i thought frank creamy face cleanser is the best cleanser, i've ever had, so when i ran out of the first bottle i decided to buy the second one. But it makes my face even worse with more painful acne all over my face. So i decided to stop using it. Then i found cetaphil, i didn't really think it's a good cleanser tho, but i tried it anyway and it's magical! Yay! It calms my acne although it doesn't feel like cleansing haha

on 11/19/2016 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out, awful and greasy feeling.

on 11/13/2016 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

my skin is so dry that i have to used moisturizer in summer. but in may, i found out this amazing product through my friend and am reallllllly love it. it keep my skin hydrated and feel so soft. definitely buy it again

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I think this is a decent cleanser. It's gel form, and feels very gentle and not drying on the skin. It does not foam up, which i prefer, but I guess that's why it's so moisturizing. I feel like it is a light cleanser. If i wear a lot of makeup, then i will reach for another, more powerful cleanser. I do enjoy how easy this is to wash off, in comparison to other cleansers. The smell is subtle, and the price is great. However, the packaging is terrible. I'm a huge sucker for nice packaging, and this does not make the cut. But all in all, a decent cleasser which i do enjoy.