Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

No Title

3.6

on 8/21/2001 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I continue to use this product mainly because it causes absolutely no irritation to my extremely sensitive, psoriasis and eczema suffering skin. It doesn't make my face noticeably softer or smoother, but I appreciate its soothing quality, which is rare for those of us with sensitive skin. I have to rinse this off with lukewarm water; wiping it off does not do the trick, although it aides in makeup removal that way. Not quite the answer to my facial care dreams that I had hoped for, but an okay selection nonetheless.

on 6/21/2002 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's so funny... I have used this off and on since I was born. My skin is extremely sensitive, and I started having rashes shortly after I was born. (I have several bad allergies and eczema.) My mom would use this on me all the time. I still use this, when my eczema flares up. It is very gentle, and cleanses well enough. It doesn't dry my skin either, which is essential! However, I prefer to use a sudsy cleanser when my skin is more normal. I just feel more fresh with something sudsy! But this is defn. a wonderful cleanser!

on 11/4/2002 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

FINALLY a cleanser that works for my dry skin, leaving it smooth and soft. It took a couple of times to get used to the "film" that is left behind, but otherwise wonderful! I can't believe I didn't find this sooner.

Try this on a dry face! It works even better for me than it did when I was wetting my face first! continued >>

on 1/1/2003 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product as I had heard many good reviews on it.

I really didn't feel like my face was clean afterwards. Luckily, I was able to return it to the drugstore.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This wash left my skin feeling really tight & dry. Yuck!

on 2/28/2003 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand why this is so recommended; it makes my face hurt. My skin feels tight, but not necessarily clean. (Don't even think about using this to remove your makeup!) And I have more clogged pores.
I can't think of a skin type that this would be good for.

me: extremely dry, sensitive skin with random spots

www.cetaphil.com continued >>

on 4/30/2003 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff was so soothing to my skin while I was breaking out due to pregnancy, and actually helped clear up alot of the breakouts that I had. I still use it and will probably continue to use it for a long time bc my skin is so sensitive that it breaks out with anything else. I dont detect any kind of film left over, but I use it with water so that might be why? I gave it 4 lipsticks bc I wish it took my makeup off a little better, but other than that I really love this stuff. edit: I have started using this in conjunction with Olay Daily Facials for sensitive skin at night to remove my makeup, and then i use my cetaphil in the a.m., and my skin has never looked better!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this cleanser, its excellent for my VERY dry and rough skin. I wouldn't recommend it for oilier skins...
BUt definitely try it.

on 7/13/2003 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this as a morning cleanser for my dry, sensitive skin. It works best when applied to a dry face, then rinsed. It's not great for removing makeup, at night I use something else, and it's probably insufficient for very oily skin. If you're a sensitive little plant however, it's a godsend. I also use it on my body when my skin's having a rash-attack. I buy it by the half litre in a pump pack and keep it in the shower.

Pros: Unscented, cheap, gentle.

Cons: Not so great at removing heavy makeup, if you're averse to sodium lauryl sulphate it does contain this ingredient.

Update 1: Since realising this contains SLS have ditched it to see if going SLS-free helps my dry skin.

Update 2: Going SLS-free didn't help my psycho skin. Unsure whether I'd repurchase this now or not. I don't cleanse my face in the morning any more, just splash with water.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Highly overated,unless you are Extremley oily..Like Purpose or Basis better,not as drying or irritating.