NARS Cosmetics Blush - Madly

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NARS Cosmetics Blush - Madly

4.1

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake) CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake) CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake) CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake) CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide) CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) CI 75470 (Carmine) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

on 5/27/2018 7:56:00 PM

I am a nars blush lover but i cant get this to work. I want to compare this to mac warm soul because they are very similar. Warm soul is more coral pink beige and madly is more tan orange beige. Madly is blendable if you powder first after foundation. it can be patchy if you dont set the foundation or just go straight on bare face. Mac warm soul is a lot more blendable on bare skin. If you like the pinkier look this wont give that to ya. There is no pink in this blush. It can actually be a bronzer on my skintone.

Reasons i dont like this and wont be repurchasing

Can be finicky and need a very light hand
Too orange/Unnatural on my skintone if too much product applied
Patchy and muddy on bareskin

I cant get this to work but i know why a lot of people rave about this. If you have a slight tan with olive undertones this can look great but for me it just doesnt work on my skin. It pulls very orange and unnatural so i only can use the tiniest bit but that doesnt blend well on bareskin. I dont use powder on the face so this i need to have a tan to use and i dont tan well. Lol very pasty asian skin.

Edit. I tried this with different brushes and i found the nars yachiyo works the best. I dab it into the product then into my hand to get some excess off. I couldnt get it to look right with the stippling brush because it was blotchy. An angled brush was picking up too much and it went on heavily even if i dust the excess off. Its so pigmented that it picks up a lot even with a light hand. I am nc20 so i am on the pale side and the yachiyo feathers it on without being blotchy. It is a bit scratchy but the outcome is worth it. I guess for this blush you need a good blush brush. Its still hard to work with but you get so much product and its pigmented and it does have kickup. Ill keep trying to play with this til its perfect.

on 5/1/2017 9:22:00 AM

Not a fan! Colour looks off on my light skin. Looks muddy and doesn't give a nice look to the cheeks. This is sooo hyped up but I don't get it.

love this blush. I was debating between this and NARS' Luster, which I think I'm gonna pick up too. Its not as easily appealing as Orgasm looks on display, but once you sweep it across your skin, its lovely. Its one of those shades that are almost foolproof and easy to apply and blend. It has the right amount of shimmer that gives a pretty sheen to your cheeks. Its a buildable color which I like. I keep this in my handbag to touch up in the night time for extra color and dimension. I also applied some of this on my eyelids for some extra pop and it looked really pretty. the only negative I can think of is that because its on the more neutral side of the color spectrum, it might not show as much on darker skin however, in that case it could be used as more of a natural highlight. Overall, loving this blush and recommend it!

I loved the light touch of this blush. But it was a little too light for me. I have very fair skin so I assumed this would be perfect but I really need that pop of color to make me look alive :) But the product itself was very nice quality and pretty

on 2/28/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually do my own research and testing and avoid make-up sales people and make-up artist recommendations. But, I was in the Nars store on Madision Ave and a MUA suggested Madly. She said it was perfect for my coloring when I want a really natural looking blush. I was skeptical because it looks so much like Nars Zen in the compact. But, on, it is totally different. It has a tiny amount of sparkle, so it doesn't look as matte as Zen and it doesn't have the slightly orange look on my skin that Zen has. It works with most lipcolors I wear, which tend to be brownish pinks, pinkish browns, rusty neutrals, and pinkish beigey peaches.

I had been on a cream blush kick after reading a lot that mature women should only wear cream blush. Not true, if you get the right powder formula without too much sparkle and not drying. Love this color. I know it's been around for awhile. Wish I had found it sooner.

on 1/25/2015 7:39:00 PM

I did a lot of research before purchasing this blush, which was extremely hard to find. (I am actually not sure that it isn't being discontinued). I thought this would be perfect for my N/NW10-15 skin--not too pink, not too orange. However, sadly, it was not. It made my face look dirty (like I had schmutz on my face). Not at all flattering.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a gorgeous blush this is! In the pan it looks boring and hardly like a blush and more like a bronzer but when applied it transforms into a beautiful 'your skin but better' neutral/natural shade of my skin with a hint of pink. It's a very fool-proof blush that will go well with anything. If I want to add a pop of colour I simply add a more punchy colour on the apples of my cheeks. However, most of the time on it's own this blush is wonderful! The quality of this blush is superb.The texture is very smooth and silky, and glides on effortlessly without any streaking. It lasts all day on me too. I am beginning to yearn for more NARS blushes. I can't wait to buy more! For reference, I am NC15, NARS Gobi, and GA LS #3.

I love this blush. It gives you a barley there really natural glow. The color is almost in between a blush and bronzer. Super natural, and easy to couver up if you make a mistake. Also a really nice fall/ winter color.

on 11/16/2013 10:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This blush is gorgeous. It's the perfect natural shade for my cheeks. It's a tan, natural shade with slight pink undertones that give natural warmth and dimension to your cheeks. This blush can literally go with any look... From really bold eyes or lips to very minimal makeup. Nars blushes are some of my favorite in terms of formula and this is no exception. Is creamy and smooths over the skin flawlessly. I've found my favorite brush to use with Madly is my Real Techniques Duo Fiber Face Brush because it helps give soft, diffused color to my cheeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

THIS IS GORGEOUS..beautiful and understated! I am a big fan of Nar's Orgasm and Super Orgasm as it gives me a nice color with subtle shimmer, giving me a highlighted, lifted radiant look that is so fresh. I was wondering around the NARS counter when the sales suggested that the color madly would look great on me. I looked at the color and I saw an orange blush that looks blah. I like orange blushes, but I didn't really think about it since Madly was not as a popular product as Orgasm, or their other shades. The sales tried it on me and she was right it was simply gorgeous! I looked instantly polished, lifted and prettier without looking over the top. I have skin that is prone to redness and find that blushes with an orangey tone is really good to balance that out. The color Madly is actually a lot like Orgasm to me except madly is more orangey. It doesn't show up orange on the skin though, on my asian NC20 skin it showed up as a healthy radiant and a golden glow.

The only problem is that your skin has to be in decent condition to wear this blush as it does have fine shimmers in it. :) I HIGHLY recommend this blush, and I'm not sure why it's not as popular as the orgasm blush. Highly recommended for an all year around glow.

Popular Blush Products