4.5

price range

Reviews

3.0

8 years ago

I have my petticoat for years and I just hit pan recently. It's a beautiful pink with raspberry/gold veining. I mostly like the fact that it's versatile- can be used dry with a stippling brush for an ethereal glow or with a regular blush brush and a spritz of fix+ for a fun girlie pink look. Makes skin glow and lasts a long time, good pigmentation. You'll look like having sculpted cheekbones without added contouring or highlighting. 2 lipsticks missing though. I found that it can accentuate large pores. Also the metallic finish can be over the top if you already have oily skin and there is some oxidizing...

About reviewer (944 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

one of the prettiest msfs for sure. mine doesn't have that much raspberry veining but it's still very pigmented. only a light sweep is needed for a subtle pink berry payoff. i use this as a blush only. (today i paired it with a dab of hard candy's illuminator in doll face & i love the result) to me the shimmer is slightly berry-toned which i find unique from other blushes/ highlighters...which usually have pearly, silvery, or golden shimmer. probably won't repurchase cuz i doubt mine will be used up before the next re-promote, and there's also so many other blushes/highlighter to be tried in make-up-land :)

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

8 years ago

Petticoat is one of my favorite highlighter/ cheek items. I was fortunate enough to find one at my local CCO after I used up my first one so I got it for a great price. Would highly recommend this to ladies with tan/ olive skin tones. It looks amazing on anyone, but those with darker skin tones seem to pull it off much better. I do have to add, that both of mine had a lot of the raspberry veining, which I wanted and that a PPP can pull this off well so long as they have one with less veining. That too though, depends on how heavy you wear your makeup :)

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Tan, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

8 years ago

I received this in a swap and absolutely love it! I use a stipling brush to apply as the color payoff is great and a little goes a long way. It gives my skin a nice pink glow and lasts all day. Not too much of a sheen if applied lightly as I prefer. I had By Candlelight and swapped that because it was too light for my medium, tan easily skin. Petticoat suits me much better. I love the raspberry veins especially! This product will last a long time as you only need to apply a small amount of product for a great effect. Would def buy again but probably won't need to. Love it!

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

This is such a gorgeous color! It comes out on the skin like a raspberry blush that I find works all year round on my skin. It's shimmery, but not too in-your-face, and really adds a nice glow to the skin!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

9 years ago

This color is fantastic! Unlike some of my other MSFs that look like a glitter bomb, this one adds a glow without noticeable glitter. I can't describe the color--it's just this perfect warm pink glow. I'm an NW20-25 for reference. Mine has plenty of veining, but the color is never too much. I just apply with a skunk brush like the 188 and it's perfect!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlue

9 years ago

As a reviewer a few lines down from me, I have this MSF and it is very heavily raspberry-veined meaning the overall colour comes up quite dark compared to other Petticoats. I am quite pale and freckly so a light touch is required with this. It is one of the most shimmery blushes/MSFs that I own but I think that the effect looks expensive! :) Would probably buy again but as I don't use it as often as my more subtle sheertone blushes, I don't think I'll need too.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

9 years ago

If I am going to use a Mac Skinfinish that isn't one of the Natural ones, this is the one I am going to use. It looks great as a blush with my skin tone. I am NW20 for reference. It does have shimmer, but it just gives off that soft pinky color. I believe this is one of the most wearable shimmer skinfinishes. I recommend to all who have light skin tones.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Coarse

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I have a love/hate relationship w/ my particular Petticoat. I have one w/ LOTS of raspberry veining. This is a highly pigmented product, so I need to use a VERY light hand when applying this. I don't wear it often due to all the veining, but the light pink base of this product is very beautiful. It gives a nice pink glow to cheeks and has pretty good pay-off if you are fair to medium skin toned. If you are darker, you will most likely use this as a highlighter. I wouldn't purchase this again b/c to me the raspberry veining is what makes it unique, but that unfortunately is what I dislike about this product. If you can get your hands on one w/ minimal veining, I would say definitely purchase it, and if you find one w/ lots of veining, I would say its very beautiful in the pan, but be prepared to work with it if you are very fair.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

This creates such a pretty pinky-golden glow to the cheeks. A definite staple. Thank the higher powers that this is a permanant product.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure