MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Petticoat [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

on 1/31/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have my petticoat for years and I just hit pan recently. It's a beautiful pink with raspberry/gold veining.
I mostly like the fact that it's versatile- can be used dry with a stippling brush for an ethereal glow or with a regular blush brush and a spritz of fix+ for a fun girlie pink look.
Makes skin glow and lasts a long time, good pigmentation.
You'll look like having sculpted cheekbones without added contouring or highlighting.
2 lipsticks missing though. I found that it can accentuate large pores. Also the metallic finish can be over the top if you already have oily skin and there is some oxidizing...

on 10/19/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

one of the prettiest msfs for sure. mine doesn't have that much raspberry veining but it's still very pigmented. only a light sweep is needed for a subtle pink berry payoff. i use this as a blush only. (today i paired it with a dab of hard candy's illuminator in doll face & i love the result) to me the shimmer is slightly berry-toned which i find unique from other blushes/ highlighters...which usually have pearly, silvery, or golden shimmer. probably won't repurchase cuz i doubt mine will be used up before the next re-promote, and there's also so many other blushes/highlighter to be tried in make-up-land :)

on 10/8/2011 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Petticoat is one of my favorite highlighter/ cheek items. I was fortunate enough to find one at my local CCO after I used up my first one so I got it for a great price. Would highly recommend this to ladies with tan/ olive skin tones. It looks amazing on anyone, but those with darker skin tones seem to pull it off much better. I do have to add, that both of mine had a lot of the raspberry veining, which I wanted and that a PPP can pull this off well so long as they have one with less veining. That too though, depends on how heavy you wear your makeup :)

on 7/31/2011 8:23:00 AM

I received this in a swap and absolutely love it! I use a stipling brush to apply as the color payoff is great and a little goes a long way. It gives my skin a nice pink glow and lasts all day. Not too much of a sheen if applied lightly as I prefer. I had By Candlelight and swapped that because it was too light for my medium, tan easily skin. Petticoat suits me much better. I love the raspberry veins especially! This product will last a long time as you only need to apply a small amount of product for a great effect. Would def buy again but probably won't need to. Love it!

This is such a gorgeous color! It comes out on the skin like a raspberry blush that I find works all year round on my skin. It's shimmery, but not too in-your-face, and really adds a nice glow to the skin!

on 7/13/2011 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This color is fantastic! Unlike some of my other MSFs that look like a glitter bomb, this one adds a glow without noticeable glitter. I can't describe the color--it's just this perfect warm pink glow. I'm an NW20-25 for reference. Mine has plenty of veining, but the color is never too much. I just apply with a skunk brush like the 188 and it's perfect!

on 7/8/2011 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

As a reviewer a few lines down from me, I have this MSF and it is very heavily raspberry-veined meaning the overall colour comes up quite dark compared to other Petticoats. I am quite pale and freckly so a light touch is required with this. It is one of the most shimmery blushes/MSFs that I own but I think that the effect looks expensive! :) Would probably buy again but as I don't use it as often as my more subtle sheertone blushes, I don't think I'll need too.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

If I am going to use a Mac Skinfinish that isn't one of the Natural ones, this is the one I am going to use. It looks great as a blush with my skin tone. I am NW20 for reference. It does have shimmer, but it just gives off that soft pinky color. I believe this is one of the most wearable shimmer skinfinishes. I recommend to all who have light skin tones.

on 4/30/2011 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship w/ my particular Petticoat. I have one w/ LOTS of raspberry veining. This is a highly pigmented product, so I need to use a VERY light hand when applying this. I don't wear it often due to all the veining, but the light pink base of this product is very beautiful. It gives a nice pink glow to cheeks and has pretty good pay-off if you are fair to medium skin toned. If you are darker, you will most likely use this as a highlighter. I wouldn't purchase this again b/c to me the raspberry veining is what makes it unique, but that unfortunately is what I dislike about this product. If you can get your hands on one w/ minimal veining, I would say definitely purchase it, and if you find one w/ lots of veining, I would say its very beautiful in the pan, but be prepared to work with it if you are very fair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This creates such a pretty pinky-golden glow to the cheeks. A definite staple. Thank the higher powers that this is a permanant product.