Redken Thickening Lotion 06 volumizing hair lotion

3.9

Water (Aqua), Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) Extract, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone Copolyol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylparaben, Taurine, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch

Love this product! It gives me lots of volume and when I gather it together in a ponytail, I have the impression that there is either more of it, or that the hairs themselves are thicker, anyway, I feel more substance. It just feel healthier than normal, which is of course an illusion, because it's a styling product, not a hair care product. But it's a nice illusion.
I can't say anything about whether this product makes my hair smooth, because I alsways use Satinwear when blowdrying and that already makes my hair incredibly smooth.
I'm not a fan of the packaging, most of Redken lotions come with a pump, so why not this Thicking Lotion? It's quite easy to get too much product poured out of the bottle, but I do have the impression that it's not easy to overdo this product, so that's a plus.
Overal, I definetly recommend Thickening Lotion if you're looking for a volumizing product and will repurchase for sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I ran out of this super fast because i always seemed to get too much product out, but i definitely got thicker hair and smoother hair as well! and that smell is to.die.for. The entire redken 06 line is one of my favorites!

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very fine baby thin hair and it is thinning in the front. This is a great product to give your hair lots of volume. A little goes a long way. I am serious, if you accidentally get too much it will make your hair sticky and gummy and hard to style. I have been using this product in the new and old formula for about 4 years now. I prefer to apply it to my hair as soon as I get out of the shower. I will apply my hair to air dry. Then I comb it to get it through the rest of my hair and then hot roll my hair to fake thickness. I have gotten so many compliments from people about how jealous they are that I have such thick bouncy hair. I always start laughing. Tell them between a great haircut, Redken body full shampoo and conditioner, and thickening lotion and technique of hot rolls, they too can have beautiful hair.

When my hair is dry, the product works, but it is a bit harder to get through dry hair. I perfer hair that is wet or damp.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been trying to find my hero thickening product for some time and my search is now over.

It has made such a difference that a work colleague asked me if I had a body perm.

It is a little drying to the ends of my hair but I just use a little serum after blow drying my hair.

I am not sure if the lotion makes my hair thick. Even if it does, it also makes my hair sticky and non-bouncy. After using the product it is very difficult to run my fingers through the hair. I tried taming this product a few times: with and without blow drying, using a tiny amount, leaving out the roots. Yet the result is same: the hair sticks together. For reference: I have very fine straight long hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ive had stick straight hair my whole life, ive been searching for a good volumizer my whole life. This one is close to HG! It gives my hair very much volume, which i wanted. But it gets a minus because my hair gets very sticky of this.. But totally worth it anyways!

Went to Beauty Brands to buy Redken Blonde Glam Mousse (which apparently they don't carry anymore) and ended up with this because it was on sale for $10.00 (and I had the tail end of a gift card with exactly $12 left on it). I don't think I was expecting a liquid, but it didn't drip. Just squirted a healthy does into my palm and rubbed directly to my scalp, combed through and then styled.

Obviously the first few times used too much product, didn't obtain that much volume but way too much texture - ugly dry, brittle texture, it wasn't good. Since I'm still sans Mousse, have continued using and believe the secret is to use only a NICKLE size amount (depending on your hair length) and no more, no less. And have to say if you can get the right proportion applied, the body will last for several days before washing and blow drying again, Now that I've figured out how to use it, would probably buy it again if it was on sale (it seems like the bottle will last a long time, so Redken will probably come out with something new before have to repurchase!)

Just tried this on my BSL hair. Didn't make it feel or look any thicker but it made the ends look really rough/dry and it caused my hair to keep getting tangled.

I much prefer the Redken satinwear lotion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

my hair is fine with baby soft 2A.
most thickening product's makes my hair huge cotton candy big with no bounce.
but this redken thickening lotion and Redken - Aerate 08 Bodifying Cream Mousse makes my hair swingy bounce thick look.
esp next day.
I wash my hair at night ,
apply mix the two.then sleep.
next morning my hair is swingy bounce!!
I don't apply around root because my scalp is sensitive.
I also mix this lotion whatever other styling product's.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I have fine hair that if left alone is very depressing...all limp and lifeless. Always have tried different mousses', sprays, etc. and always came up with less than desirable results. Not with this! This absolutely works, and in conjunction with great hairspray and a new blowdryer (I finally after 42 years on this planet bought a blowdryer that was more than $10) gives my hair incredible body and lift...ALL DAY! Highly recommended.