MAC Melba

MAC Melba

4.4

talc, octyldodecyl stearol stearate, zinc stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol,phenoxyethanol [ /-] silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 77492), carmine (Cl 75470), Chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, febric ferrocyanide, maganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 28 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake,

A soft gentle pop of coral/apricot on my NC25 skin. Great for those with slightly enlarged pores as the matte formula does not accentuate your pores. Can sometimes turn a little muddy looking due to oxidisation. Adheres/looks better on my Mac C1 Face and Body foundation, than on Studio Fix powder foundation in NC25.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I love this blush, and it seems mine isn't as bright as the photos. I don't have it with me right now, but I was thinking it was more dusty, and not as peachy as Cantaloupe? I like subtle cheek color, and this is nice.

I get the one with a compact and keep MAC Sculpt and a highlight with four blushes in the 6-holed Pro palette. Then, for my purse, I put the Sculpt and one blush in a Makeup Forever duo palette. The MAC powders fit the duo one almost perfectly.

I wish MAC would make an empty duo palette for highlight/sculpting powders and blushes, like the smaller eyeshadow duo ones.

NYX Mauve is a dupe. (I added a photo comparing them.)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Has been my go-to blusher for the past year! A great pinky peach shade that gives a great flush of colour to the cheeks and would be flattering on most skin tones. Will last a very long time also as a little goes a long way.

on 2/16/2017 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Melba is my latest blush purchase and I must say it's absolutely gorgeous. The formula is matte and wonderfully pigmented and it gives a delicate pinky-coral flush to my NC42 complexion. I can see myself wearing it everyday and and it's now tied with Sleek Suede as my number 1 blush.

on 11/1/2016 6:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: Light to medium skin tone, neutral to warm, medium to dark brown hair, green eyes. Approximately NC25

My skin is sensitive with broken capillaries mainly in my cheek area. I don't like heavy, cakey foundation and mainly use a tinted moisturizer or light foundation, conceal the reddened areas. During the day sometimes some pinkness pops through on my cheeks.I never wear pink blushes because I don't want to emphasize the problem areas. I like peach but some are too orange.

The woman at MAC suggested Melba and mentioned it will work with many lip and eye colours.

Melba is a muted natural peach, coral, apricot colour. It doesn't appear orange on my skin. Pigmented blush. I tend to use a fluffier blush brush, shake off the access and apply. I like a lighter, natural blush look. This blush gives my face a healthy natural glow.

I would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I originally went to the MAC counter to get Blushbaby, which is more in line with my traditionally appealing colors. Lo and behold, they had sold out. I am not a particularly big fan of anything in the peachy/orange family, but I knew Melba was an old school favorite so I decided to give it a spin.
Wow! No orange here, just a very natural, peachy coral color on the cheeks that applies very creamily, and just melts into the skin. I am in the middle of a matte blush phase, and this is perfect for everyday. It is subtle but pigmented and really gives that youthful glow.
I am so happy I took a chance on a color that normally wouldn't catch my eye, because this is a lovely color that manages to stay in the peachy pink range without turning orange. It has great staying power as well. Five stars!

on 9/12/2016 5:41:00 PM

A while back, I walked into MAC and the SA recommended 'Melba' when I told her I was looking for a natural peachy blush. So we scooped up the tester, and I asked her to pick up Peachykeen at the same time (found out that it was an Orgasm dupe, so was curious). Upon testing both, Melba looked very unnatural and orange on me, even the SA admitted it...so no thanks! Peachykeen looked great though (it is now my HG, go-to blush), so that's what I went with. What's funny is that the SA wanted to try Peaches on me after that, which is similar to Melba and maybe even more orangey. She must be a fan of those youtube gurus who love orange blushes, she really wanted to try and make them work for me. I think Melba would better suit those with very warm/golden skintones, someone like JLo for example. I can also see this shade looking beautiful on warm-undertoned blondes and light-haired brunettes, fair or tanned, since this peach blush has a good amount of yellow in it. But with my very dark (almost black) hair and NW20 pale olive face, it just looks out-of-place and screams orange.

Great blush! This lasts all day. Be careful when applying because you only need a small amount. This blush is very pigmented. It is a peachy coral color and goes great with warm lipsticks. Mac blushes are worth every penny.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I would say this is my holy grail product! Melba suits my skintone best! Best both for everyday and special looks. Sheer base, lipgloss and a bit more of this blush is perfect for school, gym, or any other casual occasion. The only thing that I don't like about this product is that it doesn't last that long to keep you look awake and fresh for the whole day. However, I really recommend this for makeup beginners that look for a great high-end blush because this changes your look (in a verrryyyyy good way) so much! And one more thing is that it will take a loooong time for you to run out of this product! This one I can guarantee. So worth the money :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this and peaches and looks so similar. But I didn't like the color. I feel so orange and fades away easyly