MAC Melba

MAC Melba

4.4

talc, octyldodecyl stearol stearate, zinc stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol,phenoxyethanol [ /-] silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 77492), carmine (Cl 75470), Chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, febric ferrocyanide, maganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 28 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake,

on 11/1/2016 6:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: Light to medium skin tone, neutral to warm, medium to dark brown hair, green eyes. Approximately NC25

My skin is sensitive with broken capillaries mainly in my cheek area. I don't like heavy, cakey foundation and mainly use a tinted moisturizer or light foundation, conceal the reddened areas. During the day sometimes some pinkness pops through on my cheeks.I never wear pink blushes because I don't want to emphasize the problem areas. I like peach but some are too orange.

The woman at MAC suggested Melba and mentioned it will work with many lip and eye colours.

Melba is a muted natural peach, coral, apricot colour. It doesn't appear orange on my skin. Pigmented blush. I tend to use a fluffier blush brush, shake off the access and apply. I like a lighter, natural blush look. This blush gives my face a healthy natural glow.

I would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I originally went to the MAC counter to get Blushbaby, which is more in line with my traditionally appealing colors. Lo and behold, they had sold out. I am not a particularly big fan of anything in the peachy/orange family, but I knew Melba was an old school favorite so I decided to give it a spin.
Wow! No orange here, just a very natural, peachy coral color on the cheeks that applies very creamily, and just melts into the skin. I am in the middle of a matte blush phase, and this is perfect for everyday. It is subtle but pigmented and really gives that youthful glow.
I am so happy I took a chance on a color that normally wouldn't catch my eye, because this is a lovely color that manages to stay in the peachy pink range without turning orange. It has great staying power as well. Five stars!

on 9/12/2016 5:41:00 PM

A while back, I walked into MAC and the SA recommended 'Melba' when I told her I was looking for a natural peachy blush. So we scooped up the tester, and I asked her to pick up Peachykeen at the same time (found out that it was an Orgasm dupe, so was curious). Upon testing both, Melba looked very unnatural and orange on me, even the SA admitted it...so no thanks! Peachykeen looked great though (it is now my HG, go-to blush), so that's what I went with. What's funny is that the SA wanted to try Peaches on me after that, which is similar to Melba and maybe even more orangey. She must be a fan of those youtube gurus who love orange blushes, she really wanted to try and make them work for me. I think Melba would better suit those with very warm/golden skintones, someone like JLo for example. I can also see this shade looking beautiful on warm-undertoned blondes and light-haired brunettes, fair or tanned, since this peach blush has a good amount of yellow in it. But with my very dark (almost black) hair and NW20 pale olive face, it just looks out-of-place and screams orange.

Great blush! This lasts all day. Be careful when applying because you only need a small amount. This blush is very pigmented. It is a peachy coral color and goes great with warm lipsticks. Mac blushes are worth every penny.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I would say this is my holy grail product! Melba suits my skintone best! Best both for everyday and special looks. Sheer base, lipgloss and a bit more of this blush is perfect for school, gym, or any other casual occasion. The only thing that I don't like about this product is that it doesn't last that long to keep you look awake and fresh for the whole day. However, I really recommend this for makeup beginners that look for a great high-end blush because this changes your look (in a verrryyyyy good way) so much! And one more thing is that it will take a loooong time for you to run out of this product! This one I can guarantee. So worth the money :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this and peaches and looks so similar. But I didn't like the color. I feel so orange and fades away easyly

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Saw this from Jaclyn hill. It's a beautiful everyday flush tone pink blush. Very pretty

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love MAC blushes and wear them exclusively, Melba is definitely one I will always keep around. A beautiful warm coral-peachy shade that compliments my fair-medium skin, dark hair and light brown eyes; Melba is one of 3 daily blushes I usually wear. It applies smooth plus has fantastic longevity with any foundation I have used with it. It looks natural while leaving a wonderful skin-like finish even though it is matte. Melba stays true to color and does not get orange or ruddy on me. I apply it using my favorite blush brush, the MAC 116.

Since I get the pan for the pro palette I pay $17 for 6g of product. With daily use Melba lasts me quite awhile. I have been repurchasing this blush for years now so that speaks volumes about Melba. A great addition to anybodies stash weather you are a professional, at home guru or beginner. Melba is jst one of those great workhorse blushes for any occasion and I highly recommend it.

on 9/28/2015 12:44:00 AM

It took me a while to get used to this color...my everyday blush is Blushbaby. I have noticed when I wear this I get lots if compliments on my face. Very pretty coral peachy color. Got to be easy on the hand it can get a bit bright so if applied lightly it looks stunning. Has turned out to be a favorite and love to rotate with Blushbaby depending on my lipstick and basically how I'am feeling that day. Tried Peaches but that was a bit too orange. Melba is just about perfect!!!!

on 9/22/2015 3:13:00 AM

It's an okay blush. It's obvious that I've put on blusher when I wear this.
It looks kinda orangey on me.

I bought this because of the hype. Wish I had bought Mocha instead.

This pales in comparison to Blushbaby.

I am NC20, btw.