MAC Melba

MAC Melba

4.4

talc, octyldodecyl stearol stearate, zinc stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol,phenoxyethanol [ /-] silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 77492), carmine (Cl 75470), Chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, febric ferrocyanide, maganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 28 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake,

on 12/17/2017 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I’ve been wearing MAC Melba every day for the last two months - I am that obsessed with it. It is the perfect shade to add a natural flush to warm skin. I have NC15 skin and it looks like a natural as healthy glow on the skin - it doesn’t lean too orange and it isn’t too bright. It is very well pigmented though, so I recommend using a light hand. It is buildable and doesn’t look at all cakey or powdery. It has a matte finish, making it the perfect natural, everyday blush. It lasts well over a wide variety of liquid foundations (I have not yet tried it over a powder foundation). This is now one of my must-have MAC products, I doubt I will ever be without it! Fair and warm skinned makeup lovers should all give this baby a whirl!

on 12/16/2017 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The blush itself is great quality and one of those neutral MAC colors everyone should at least try as it is super popular and when it looks good, it looks gooooood. All that said, I am nw20 , deep winter with 3n hair and brow eyes, and a skintone that brings out orange in any color that has an iota of it in the shade. So while Melba was nice and passable as a daily blush on me, it definitely skewed a bit on the orange side. I wanted a blush to work with my deep berry and red blushes. This did, but not as well as Prism on me and it just felt kind of off because of going a touch orange on me. If you are an NC, I think this is the daily blush for you...I have seen it look gorgeous on so many others, just not on me.

on 12/16/2017 1:41:00 AM

This must be my favorite blush of all time. It doesn't really work on its own when I'm at my very palest, I'd need alot of help from my bronzer...but other times, it's great. Beautiful, warming apricot color, really brings out the golden tones (that I didn't even know I had) in my skin. It looks especially beautiful when I start to get a natural tan, gives me sexy sunkissed cheeks. For reference, I'm NC15 - NC 20-ish, depending on season, with warm undertones. I've tried similar hues of blush from MAC (peaches, gingerly, etc), but this one looks the least 'orange' and is more muted, more natural looking on my face. I also like that its matte, makes it more versatile I feel, and I can build it up or tone it down depending on the time of the day or year. Ugh, love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Melba is really nice. There's a supposed dupe of Melba called Papaya by a City Colour. I own both and they are very similar but Papaya is a touch lighter.

A soft gentle pop of coral/apricot on my NC25 skin. Great for those with slightly enlarged pores as the matte formula does not accentuate your pores. Can sometimes turn a little muddy looking due to oxidisation. Adheres/looks better on my Mac C1 Face and Body foundation, than on Studio Fix powder foundation in NC25.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I love this blush, and it seems mine isn't as bright as the photos. I don't have it with me right now, but I was thinking it was more dusty, and not as peachy as Cantaloupe? I like subtle cheek color, and this is nice.

I get the one with a compact and keep MAC Sculpt and a highlight with four blushes in the 6-holed Pro palette. Then, for my purse, I put the Sculpt and one blush in a Makeup Forever duo palette. The MAC powders fit the duo one almost perfectly.

I wish MAC would make an empty duo palette for highlight/sculpting powders and blushes, like the smaller eyeshadow duo ones.

NYX Mauve is a dupe. (I added a photo comparing them.)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Has been my go-to blusher for the past year! A great pinky peach shade that gives a great flush of colour to the cheeks and would be flattering on most skin tones. Will last a very long time also as a little goes a long way.

on 2/16/2017 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Melba is my latest blush purchase and I must say it's absolutely gorgeous. The formula is matte and wonderfully pigmented and it gives a delicate pinky-coral flush to my NC42 complexion. I can see myself wearing it everyday and and it's now tied with Sleek Suede as my number 1 blush.

on 11/1/2016 6:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: Light to medium skin tone, neutral to warm, medium to dark brown hair, green eyes. Approximately NC25

My skin is sensitive with broken capillaries mainly in my cheek area. I don't like heavy, cakey foundation and mainly use a tinted moisturizer or light foundation, conceal the reddened areas. During the day sometimes some pinkness pops through on my cheeks.I never wear pink blushes because I don't want to emphasize the problem areas. I like peach but some are too orange.

The woman at MAC suggested Melba and mentioned it will work with many lip and eye colours.

Melba is a muted natural peach, coral, apricot colour. It doesn't appear orange on my skin. Pigmented blush. I tend to use a fluffier blush brush, shake off the access and apply. I like a lighter, natural blush look. This blush gives my face a healthy natural glow.

I would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I originally went to the MAC counter to get Blushbaby, which is more in line with my traditionally appealing colors. Lo and behold, they had sold out. I am not a particularly big fan of anything in the peachy/orange family, but I knew Melba was an old school favorite so I decided to give it a spin.
Wow! No orange here, just a very natural, peachy coral color on the cheeks that applies very creamily, and just melts into the skin. I am in the middle of a matte blush phase, and this is perfect for everyday. It is subtle but pigmented and really gives that youthful glow.
I am so happy I took a chance on a color that normally wouldn't catch my eye, because this is a lovely color that manages to stay in the peachy pink range without turning orange. It has great staying power as well. Five stars!