Maybelline Dream Mousse Shadow [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Mousse Shadow [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

on 4/30/2011 6:04:00 AM

I LOVE these shadows!!! I have every color and I am extremely happy with all of them...Yeah, some of them come off very sheer on the eye BUT, they go on so smooth and they make terrific bases!! The packaging is adorable too..I have made sure I got a few extra backups in the ones I use most often...Some people don't like the shimmer in these shadows too much but, I love the shimmer!! I really wish Maybelline wouldn't have discontinued this line but, I am pretty happy with the colors I have...Honestly, I tend to use these more often then my UD primer potion or TFSI lol...For some reason, if I use these on my eye then put my powder shadow over it, it lasts all day!! However, using alone, it does tend to crease so that's when I use my UD primer potion or TFSI and it lasts all day!

on 2/23/2011 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is my favourite eyeshadow! I have it in caramel karma, and have been using it for so long. it lasts on your lids without primer, you can use this for a veery long time and it's not expensive. I have light blue eyes and they stand out very nicely with this coppery (dark)brown.
I apply it using a flat eyeshadow brush.

on 9/10/2010 9:00:00 AM

I have this in Caramel and I like it. I have actually hit pan on this.
Caramel is a nice peachy caramel color with lot of shimmer. It complements my green eyes very nicely, but I think it would look good on pretty much any eye color, especially blue.
The consistency is obviously a mousse. I apply this with my fingers. I pretty much always apply this as an all over lid wash of color. It's not the best shadow for blending and such (though I guess adding some shadow to the crease would still work).
The staying power is fine. I don't use a base as shadows don't crease that much on me. This creases no more than powder shadows do on me.
The packaging is okay aswell. It's just a little jar. I guess it's a little unhygeniec as you have to dip your fingers into it but I just sanitize it with alcohol every once in a while. This works fine and it doesn't affect the consistency/color.
For me this is easy & quick for during the day. I use it at least a couple of days a week when I'm in a hurry or I don't want to put too much thought into my make-up but still look nice. It gives me a nice neutral and finished look without much effort.
The main thing I love about it is the color though. I'm not interested in buying this in other colors. Powder eyeshadows are more versatile in my opinion. So I'm not interested in buying this in other shades, but if I saw this color somewhere I'd buy it again. I'm also on the lookout for a powder dupe of this color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this has no staying powder on its own. i bought this in the purple at dollar tree. now on its own, its crap HOWEVER when i tried it as a color base over a primer then applied shadow I was wow'd. I had used the shadow before but this made it a lovely shade of purple more like what I wanted to begin with. I wouldnt buy this again but I will use it up.

I got the Dream Mousse Shadow in number 10 called Ivory Illusion. I love it!! Whenever i have a day where i want a very natural somewhat of a barley noticable eyeshadow i wear this! It is wonderful and feels like heaven when you put it on! The only reason I gave this product a 4 is because it is very hard to pick up or get out of its container!

on 7/5/2010 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great eyeshadow easy to apply very shimmery and the packaging is quite nice it's a round glass jar with a screw top lid that is the same sort of colour as the eyeshadow. The eyeshadow doesn't last the whole day it will fade after a while but overall I would buy it again because it has a lovely finish to it and it's so quick and easy to apply.

on 7/4/2010 9:08:00 PM

I have the purple and blue version of this, it was on discount at a thrift store. Currently i have no clue what happened to my purple but i still have the blue which is a bummer because the purple was a really pretty shade and had awesome simmer, the blue is sorta light and barely noticable. They crease on their own and arent very useful other then to look pretty for a grand total of five minutes before they start creasing and getting all icky. On the bright side they are pretty shimmer and light.

on 6/24/2010 12:40:00 AM

I recently found these at dollar tree for $1 each. I suppose when makeup gets discontinued that they start to sell them there, I was actually looking for a l'oreal product someone spotted there but happened upon these. I wasn't too sure how good they would be since I had heard some negative things, but for $1 not a big loss.

I purchased the Vanilla Veil and the Tranquil Rose. They were a bit more sparkly than I expected. I thought perhaps they would be the mousse consistency with an iridescence or more like the paint pots. I like them when I use a base and then a regular powder shadow and then blend this in as a corner color or as a highlight OVER the powder. I find this give awesome staying power with a bit of sparkle over the top. I havent tried the other colors to comment on the pigmentation, the rose one I had has a good amount of color to it and the vanilla veil is a sheer gold "veil". I did wind up with a little bit of fallout of sparkles because I blend it with a concealer brush meant for cream shadows over the other shadows. It is easily cleaned up with powder or makeup wipe. If they still had them for $1 I would try out the other colors to see how they measure up. I didnt find any irritation. Like the glass jars.

Ok to use as a base, wouldn't buy it again.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I got this in 08 Eden Green for about 6.
Caramel Karma I could try from a little sachet I got for free, but I didn't like the reddish brown color.
Eden Green is a shimmery light to medium greyish green shade, very pretty. It has fine sparkles in it that make it look frosty at first , practically however they show up as individual fine sparkles on the lid because the eyeshadow is so sheer.
You can barely see a hint of color and sparkle on your lids, when you build it you can see.. a hint. Not more, all the ones I have seen are by no means opaque, but a sheer shimmery wash of color.

Ok to nice on its own and it didn't crease surprisingly, and as a base I loove it!
They are extremely smooth to apply, blend effortlessly, make the shadows stick and keep them perfectly from fading and creasing. The mousse products are one of the very best primers I have used!
The green neutralizes redness on my lids which is good, but the sparkles can show through the shadows I used on top.

I'd prefer (a little more pigment and) most importantly finer shimmer particles to make it work better both as an eyeshadow and as a base.
The formula is excellent to me, but I can also go for the face shimmers or concealers to get a great eyeshadow base, without glitter.