Orly Bare Rose

Orly Bare Rose
Bare RoseBare RoseBare Rose

4.5

on 1/30/2015 12:30:00 AM

Have this on my nails (finger and toe nails) for few months now! I put 2-3 coats, depends on how rose-y I want my nails to look. This makes my nails look healthy and clean, and glossy through out the week. And it doesn't even chip! (Well, unless I do it on purpose lol)

PS I just wear this alone. No base coat, no top coat.

on 8/27/2014 8:03:00 AM

The most perfect natural nail look.... 2 coats bare rose, and one coat seche vite!

on 6/2/2014 3:08:00 AM

I've been wearing this for years since I'm not allowed to wear crazy colors to work. I get compliments on my nails all the time because of this. It's just a very sheer pink that look like your nails but not really, since it makes them pink. a nice base coat underneath and seche vite on top goes a long way! I highly recommend this product and will not stop repurchasing.

on 5/31/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I definitely adore this lovely, lady-like polish. And it is true to its name - Bare Rose, I cannot think of any prettier pink/beige shade than this one. Orly really surprised me!! The formula was genuinely excellent and the lasting time was fairly decent!! I applied one coat of Bare Rose and then the very next day I started my 7 day trip to Slidell, Louisanna. Guess what, it stayed on my nails almost perfectly in spite of my natural nails growing out! And I had to use remover after I returned home. I just uploaded one picture(yup! that hand with black scrunchie around the wrist) of me wearing Bare Rose, it is very suitable for DIY French mani! Highly recommend! It is actually one of the very few nail polishes that I used out in my stock because I loved it so much. The only reason I'm not buying it again is that light, sheer pink look very obvious above curticle when nails are growing. As a huge lover of French mani, I tend to keep the nude polishes on my nails for at least a week. And the growing, natural nail color would be in stark contast to Bare Rose.

WILL TOTALLY REPURCHASE THIS AGAIN!

After a failed attempt of trying to do a pale pink color under my french tips with OPI's Bubble Bath, I knew that I had to find something new. Compared to Bubble Bath, Bare Rose works so much better. The consistency of the polish is brilliant in the way that it's not too thick when applied on the nail. I dislike getting clumps of polish on my french manicure. Bare Rose didn't clump up and the application was extremely easy. I'm very clumsy and unprofessional when it comes to doing my nails but Bare Rose did the job for me. My nails looks like they were done at the salon.....I LOVE IT!

I only apply one coat of this stuff since I don't want my nails to appear fleshy and raw looking. When I run out of Bare Rose I'm going to have no hesitation whatsoever into purchasing it. Since I love Bare Rose so much, I'm definitely going to try the other French Manicure line by Orly.

If you're reading this Orly, THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's the best for a French manicure! Please don't discontinue this : D

on 6/10/2013 11:16:00 AM

Initial review (see below for update) My HG for French, although you have to do this as a base and then layer your white over. It gives that flushed, pretty look and has major staying power. My secret is to do Orly bonder, then one coat of this, then white, then bonder again, then deep dry (all orly, although I do not like the orly white - chips too quickly for me.) If I use the L'Oreal White out, this will last a full week on me...in a pinch, I'll do another coat of Bonder and then SV mid-week.

Love the natural flush and sheer gloss this all gives my nails!

Updating: I actually dislike this polish now, after reading a review that said it looks like raw meat, now that's all I notice! The brush is cruddy...Plus, I find that it's staying power is mediocre at best. Tossing out this one...and going for Essie's Sugar Daddy instead.

on 3/19/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was hestitang about buying this because I had previews bad experiences with the orly french manicure line....but I really wanted to try this color for my french manicure because I don't like to use those nudes colors...so I read the reviews here and after seeing all the positive reviews I went to buy it and I'm sooo happy!!! This makes my nails look very healthy and nice, it isn't like PINK color, but just the perfect amount of color.
Recommend this a lot!

on 2/25/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

5 lippies for Bare Rose! Gorgeous clear pink that makes your nails look more natural than your bare nails. Idk how that is but am grateful I purchased this to mimic the Solar White and Pink Acrylic Nails. Not only does it contrast really well with a white tip (don't apply bare rose over the white) but as mentioned below, it brings life into your nails. Would recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased this off of ebay based on the great reviews here. I adore this nail polish. It's my favorite and I just reapplied it for the third time in a row - it's that good. It's a sheer-but-there pink. Your nail shows through but you can tell you have polish on and it just looks girly and elegant. At first, I wasn't sure I liked it because the color was a bit blotchy - it seemed really pink in some spots and totally clear in others. Now I've figured out how to apply it to get perfectly even color. The best part about it is it's made my nails stronger and it doesn't budge - it doesn't flake, chip or crack. I remove it after about six days when it's growing out and my cuticles look a little messy. I took off one lippie because the smell is quite strong and lingers for awhile. Other than that, perfection!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's called 'Bare Rose' but it reminds me of Strawberry/Cherry colored Chapstick. It has the same opacity and is exactly the same shade of sheer deep pink. There is no sparkle and when applied creates a glassy candy colored glaze that is delicious to look at, like you just candied your fingernails. You can get the candied look if you're willing to layer it 3x or more, otherwise 1x creates a natural look you can use as a base for your french manicure -- anymore and it is too pink I think.

I don't like the consistency of Orly, I think it takes too long to dry because it is too thick. I prefer Milani, but Orly seems to last longer, so 5 stars anyway.

Popular Polishes