Orly Bare Rose

Orly Bare Rose
Bare RoseBare RoseBare Rose

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently bought this on a hunt to find a dupe for Dior Nail Glow... in this polish I did not find a dupe, perhaps something even better! A sheer pink that looks like a beautiful flush of color, while still being very classy and understated. It's a warm, rosy pink that looks phenomenal on my nails. It definitely isn't as subtle as Nail Glow, but that depends on how many coats you apply. Only con is the brush, wish it was bigger! It definitely won't replace my Nail Glow but I will get so much use out of this!

on 6/5/2017 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Still my absolute favorite for a French Manicure. I love to wear colored polishes, and French Manicures with other shades of nail gloss too, but to me, the Bare Rose with White Tips is the most beaufiul, versatile look. It works in evrey season, dressed up or down, at the symphony or at a Stones concert. It pretty, natural, and comfortable.

on 8/27/2014 8:03:00 AM

The most perfect natural nail look.... 2 coats bare rose, and one coat seche vite!

on 7/27/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite french manicure color. It's a gorgeous jelly rose color. Looks so chic and polished. This has been in my collection for over 20 years. Always a classic staple and everyone should own it.

Even if you don't use it as a french mani, you can use this plain and it looks great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Was looking for a your-nails-but-better type polish, and thought this might be a good polish for that, since it's super sheer. On some people, this is probably great, but I'm pale and cool-toned, with fairly pink natural nailbeds, and this just makes my fingers look inflamed, especially if I use the recommended two coats. One coat is better, but I still don't like the look very much, as it's still much too pink. (Another reviewer here used the phrase "raw meat" and, uh, yeah. That's pretty much it. Yuck.)

I suspect this polish only works for people with warm complexions and/or pale nail beds. For me, this polish is a complete bust.

UPDATE: I gave this polish to my mother in law, who has warm-toned skin, and it looks really pretty on her. Her nails look just shiny, and healthy, no hint of over-the-top pink or anything else. I was really impressed with how good it looks on her. So, my suspicion that this is a polish ONLY for warm-toned people seems to hold up. I'm still leaving the lippy rating as it is because this is my review and this polish is horrible on me, but I do want to note that on a warm-complexion person, it can look very nice indeed.

on 1/30/2015 12:30:00 AM

Have this on my nails (finger and toe nails) for few months now! I put 2-3 coats, depends on how rose-y I want my nails to look. This makes my nails look healthy and clean, and glossy through out the week. And it doesn't even chip! (Well, unless I do it on purpose lol)

PS I just wear this alone. No base coat, no top coat.

on 6/2/2014 3:08:00 AM

I've been wearing this for years since I'm not allowed to wear crazy colors to work. I get compliments on my nails all the time because of this. It's just a very sheer pink that look like your nails but not really, since it makes them pink. a nice base coat underneath and seche vite on top goes a long way! I highly recommend this product and will not stop repurchasing.

on 5/31/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

this is a great sheer pink for French manicures.two coats necessary for optimum color.

WILL TOTALLY REPURCHASE THIS AGAIN!

After a failed attempt of trying to do a pale pink color under my french tips with OPI's Bubble Bath, I knew that I had to find something new. Compared to Bubble Bath, Bare Rose works so much better. The consistency of the polish is brilliant in the way that it's not too thick when applied on the nail. I dislike getting clumps of polish on my french manicure. Bare Rose didn't clump up and the application was extremely easy. I'm very clumsy and unprofessional when it comes to doing my nails but Bare Rose did the job for me. My nails looks like they were done at the salon.....I LOVE IT!

I only apply one coat of this stuff since I don't want my nails to appear fleshy and raw looking. When I run out of Bare Rose I'm going to have no hesitation whatsoever into purchasing it. Since I love Bare Rose so much, I'm definitely going to try the other French Manicure line by Orly.

If you're reading this Orly, THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's the best for a French manicure! Please don't discontinue this : D

on 5/31/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I definitely adore this lovely, lady-like polish. And it is true to its name - Bare Rose, I cannot think of any prettier pink/beige shade than this one. Orly really surprised me!! The formula was genuinely excellent and the lasting time was fairly decent!! I applied one coat of Bare Rose and then the very next day I started my 7 day trip to Slidell, Louisanna. Guess what, it stayed on my nails almost perfectly in spite of my natural nails growing out! And I had to use remover after I returned home. I just uploaded one picture(yup! that hand with black scrunchie around the wrist) of me wearing Bare Rose, it is very suitable for DIY French mani! Highly recommend! It is actually one of the very few nail polishes that I used out in my stock because I loved it so much. The only reason I'm not buying it again is that light, sheer pink look very obvious above curticle when nails are growing. As a huge lover of French mani, I tend to keep the nude polishes on my nails for at least a week. And the growing, natural nail color would be in stark contast to Bare Rose.

Popular Polishes