Orly Bare Rose

Bare RoseBare RoseBare Rose

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Was looking for a your-nails-but-better type polish, and thought this might be a good polish for that, since it's super sheer. On some people, this is probably great, but I'm pale and cool-toned, with fairly pink natural nailbeds, and this just makes my fingers look inflamed, especially if I use the recommended two coats. One coat is better, but I still don't like the look very much, as it's still much too pink. (Another reviewer here used the phrase "raw meat" and, uh, yeah. That's pretty much it. Yuck.)

I suspect this polish only works for people with warm complexions and/or pale nail beds. For me, this polish is a complete bust.

UPDATE: I gave this polish to my mother in law, who has warm-toned skin, and it looks really pretty on her. Her nails look just shiny, and healthy, no hint of over-the-top pink or anything else. I was really impressed with how good it looks on her. So, my suspicion that this is a polish ONLY for warm-toned people seems to hold up. I'm still leaving the lippy rating as it is because this is my review and this polish is horrible on me, but I do want to note that on a warm-complexion person, it can look very nice indeed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased this off of ebay based on the great reviews here. I adore this nail polish. It's my favorite and I just reapplied it for the third time in a row - it's that good. It's a sheer-but-there pink. Your nail shows through but you can tell you have polish on and it just looks girly and elegant. At first, I wasn't sure I liked it because the color was a bit blotchy - it seemed really pink in some spots and totally clear in others. Now I've figured out how to apply it to get perfectly even color. The best part about it is it's made my nails stronger and it doesn't budge - it doesn't flake, chip or crack. I remove it after about six days when it's growing out and my cuticles look a little messy. I took off one lippie because the smell is quite strong and lingers for awhile. Other than that, perfection!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's called 'Bare Rose' but it reminds me of Strawberry/Cherry colored Chapstick. It has the same opacity and is exactly the same shade of sheer deep pink. There is no sparkle and when applied creates a glassy candy colored glaze that is delicious to look at, like you just candied your fingernails. You can get the candied look if you're willing to layer it 3x or more, otherwise 1x creates a natural look you can use as a base for your french manicure -- anymore and it is too pink I think.

I don't like the consistency of Orly, I think it takes too long to dry because it is too thick. I prefer Milani, but Orly seems to last longer, so 5 stars anyway.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

1 coat leaves a light glossy pink. You should stop at 1 coat if your nails aren't pale. Two coats leaves a light baby pink that's noticeable from afar, but you can still see your nail through it. You gotta use a light hand with this color or else it will end up looking like a regular sheer pink polish. What I like about this is that it looks smooth, as if you have fake nails on.

I uploaded a pic (the one with black tips and random white cord) to give you guys an idea of the color.

This won't be useful to a girl whose nail beds are already a deep pink or reddish. They have to be somewhat pale for the color to show nicely.

Popular Polishes