Orly Bare Rose

3.0

on 6/5/2017 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Still my absolute favorite for a French Manicure. I love to wear colored polishes, and French Manicures with other shades of nail gloss too, but to me, the Bare Rose with White Tips is the most beaufiul, versatile look. It works in evrey season, dressed up or down, at the symphony or at a Stones concert. It pretty, natural, and comfortable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Was looking for a your-nails-but-better type polish, and thought this might be a good polish for that, since it's super sheer. On some people, this is probably great, but I'm pale and cool-toned, with fairly pink natural nailbeds, and this just makes my fingers look inflamed, especially if I use the recommended two coats. One coat is better, but I still don't like the look very much, as it's still much too pink. (Another reviewer here used the phrase "raw meat" and, uh, yeah. That's pretty much it. Yuck.)

I suspect this polish only works for people with warm complexions and/or pale nail beds. For me, this polish is a complete bust.

UPDATE: I gave this polish to my mother in law, who has warm-toned skin, and it looks really pretty on her. Her nails look just shiny, and healthy, no hint of over-the-top pink or anything else. I was really impressed with how good it looks on her. So, my suspicion that this is a polish ONLY for warm-toned people seems to hold up. I'm still leaving the lippy rating as it is because this is my review and this polish is horrible on me, but I do want to note that on a warm-complexion person, it can look very nice indeed.

on 11/11/2009 12:24:00 AM

Love this polish. I apply one coat on my nails in between my manicures. This is a very pretty sheer pink that I wear on my nails when they are really short. I will purchase this product again...

on 3/22/2008 4:25:00 PM

This is my first Orly polish, and I loved the bottle, the application, and the quality. The problem? This color is really gross on me. I have very pink nail beds anyway, and this just makes them look like an unappetizing, raw meat (sorry!) color. That's poor picking on my part, but that is with only 2 coats. I might try another Orly polish, though. They've come out with some lovely Spring shades!

Popular Polishes