Orly Bare Rose

Orly Bare Rose
Bare RoseBare RoseBare Rose

4.7

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Very similar to their Beverly Hills Plum. I like both of them and use them interchangeably since they're very much alike. Gives a nice tint to my nails and looks natural and healthy.

on 8/27/2014 8:03:00 AM

The most perfect natural nail look.... 2 coats bare rose, and one coat seche vite!

on 6/2/2014 3:08:00 AM

I've been wearing this for years since I'm not allowed to wear crazy colors to work. I get compliments on my nails all the time because of this. It's just a very sheer pink that look like your nails but not really, since it makes them pink. a nice base coat underneath and seche vite on top goes a long way! I highly recommend this product and will not stop repurchasing.

on 8/10/2011 4:54:00 PM

I initially purchased this to wear with a white tip. However, two coats of this over a French tip make the white too pink. I prefer to wear two coats of this alone (with base and topcoat, of course) on fingernails. This color reminds me of the clearish reds and pinks that many film stars wore in the 1920s/1930s on short stiletto nails. Bare Rose is a really nice alternative to clear and lasts much longer because of the pigment. This polish dries very quickly and makes it a good color to have in reserve for a last minute manicure on your way out the door.

As someone who loves having well manicured nails but isn't so great at painting, this color seemed safe for me to try. I bought Bare Rose at Sally's for $5, pretty inexpensive. The color went on nice and smooth, dried fast and looks natural. I like to apply only 1 coat for a light pink color. A second coat gives a brighter pink that, for me, is too much. Overall, I am very pleased with this polish and would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's called 'Bare Rose' but it reminds me of Strawberry/Cherry colored Chapstick. It has the same opacity and is exactly the same shade of sheer deep pink. There is no sparkle and when applied creates a glassy candy colored glaze that is delicious to look at, like you just candied your fingernails. You can get the candied look if you're willing to layer it 3x or more, otherwise 1x creates a natural look you can use as a base for your french manicure -- anymore and it is too pink I think.

I don't like the consistency of Orly, I think it takes too long to dry because it is too thick. I prefer Milani, but Orly seems to last longer, so 5 stars anyway.

I like this color for french manicures or a rosy natural look. But I prefer Beverly Hills Plum with my fair coloring. Bare Rose can be a little too bright or false looking, bu t I really like it on my toes.

on 5/23/2007 12:11:00 AM

this is very warm pink colour, definitely rose tone inmy opinion.two coats can give you the fake gel nails look, that is if you do a french manicure. it gives the nail bed a healthy rosy colour. it does stain the whites pink though, so i paint the pink on the nail bed and then the white tips after the bare rose has dried abit. the bottle is round so is the ideal shape for rolling before applying nail colour. the rubber grip means no slippage and makes for excellent gripping.definitely my HG pink for rose toned french manicure.

Very pretty. I have a 9 month old, so I really do not do my hand nails ever. Between washing bottles, washing my hands, showering, and bathing the baby, my hand polish last all of two days. So I use polish on my toes. I love the natural look of translucent polish with a hint of color on toes. With two thick coats I get a very nice, light, rosy, shiny pink. Don't be scared by the color of the polish in the bottle, remember that is what it would look if you had 100 layers of polish.

on 4/3/2007 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is, as others said a clear hot pink color that gives the nail beds a warmer healthier look. I find it does not really tint my white tips too much, just gives them less of a stark look if I'm using a white polish. When compared to Beverly Hills Plum I find this to be more of a hot pink, with BHP being a more "rose" color IMHO. I love 1 coat for a natural looking nail & 2 for an almost "fake gel nail" look.

Popular Polishes