Guerlain orchidee imperiale

Guerlain orchidee imperiale

3.9

Aqua, Triethylhexanoin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Jojoba Esters, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Decyloxazolidinone, Polyglycerin-3, Seareth-21, Orchid Extract, Diglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Cetyl Palmitate, Ave A Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Parfum, Cocoglycerides, Carbomer, cera Alba, Tetrasodium Edta, Tocopherol Acetate, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Peg-8, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xantham gum, Xylose, Tromethamine, Sorbitol,Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Cross-Polymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Adenosine, Algin, Raffinose, Synthetic Fluorphylogopite, Polyvinyl Alcohol, CI 77891, Linalool, BHT, Centella Asiatica Extract, Magnesium Aspertate, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Sodium Lactate, Cellulose Gum, Citronellol, Potentilla Erecta Root Extract, Palmitoyl Oligoperpeptide

I wanted to love this, it smells divine! But the fragrance was irritating to my skin and the cream was too heavy under makeup.

on 9/13/2015 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used the Aqua lotions and serums from Guerlain a few years ago and forgot about the brand completely. Recently I discovered the Orchidee range and this cream will leave you with the most hydrating skin that feels silky smooth, soft and hydrating. However, I do not like the jar packaging, since the vitamins and anti-oxidants will easily escape and it is not hygienic to use your fingers every time you use the cream. The price is hefty, around 450 Australian dollars, however, you don't need much of this product and a little lasts a long way!

To Read all 57 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/9/2015 1:58:00 AM

Whoa this is one luxurious cream! I got a sample of this when I bought a Guerlain foundation and now I wish I didn't. Why? Because now I want this cream! But $455 is very steep for a face moisturizer (at least for me.) I haven't used it long enough to see if it changes anything on my face anti-aging wise, but I am loving how this cream feels. My skin feels like silk and its almost relaxing to apply this cream. Like my face feels all silky and relaxed if that makes any sense? My skin is just like ahhhhh (in a good way) heaven!

This cream is heavy so I would only use at night for my combo skin and the smallest amount goes a really long way. My face is left totally moisturized without feeling greasy at all. The scent of this cream is kind of strong but for as silky soft and smooth my face feels, I'll live with the scent. The scent does diminish after applying pretty quickly too.

Now to start saving up. Hoping Nordstrom will help support me in samples of this until I'm ready to give away a lot of hard earned dough for this luxious cream.

Well, the packaging is heavy, luxurious and beautiful for any vanity. However, I do not feel that it lives up to its claim. I have very dry skin but I don't feel it absorbs well. It doesn't hydrate a lot either. The scent is strong but smells lovely. Don't think I'll repurchase.

on 3/12/2015 12:36:00 PM

Not to sound like a miserable git in all my reviews, I want to write an all-positive review, so for this purpose I chose the product I like. Actually, the product I LOVE.
Firstly, let me say that I do not expect a cream to wipe off the lines off my face (either fine or deep); or to un-sag my cheeks (sadly they begin to sag).
If a cream could do all that, plastic surgery would not be required.
But we all know Hollywood beauties go to plastic surgeons regularly (and they surely can afford all the best creams in the world!), I assume no cosmetic product can really reverse time.
So what I expect from a face cream, is GOOD moisturising effect, that would last all day long.
If you think, a cream like that is easy to find, I would disagree.
Anyway, this Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale totally meets my expectation and does not disappoint.
The downside (the HUGE downside) is the price, I was almost crying when I was paying for it. But… so far one of the best face creams out there for me.
Would I buy again? I wish there was a button “not sure” as the price really, really hurts. But the cream itself is wonderful.
As I said, it does not reverse time, but it provides good moisturising, it smells really nice and the texture is very pleasant.

on 8/2/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Has the whole world gone mad? This is too expensive but anyway. Guerlain claims it has a rare orchid extract that helps the skin. Fine but where is the research that says that for that price? Second this is so highly fragranced that it is ridiculous and irritating. Very nice, luxurious french cream. Leaves the skin soft. But so does Olay and Nivea. .I can not emphasize this enough...take the 500 bucks and buy a Coach purse. This cream is not worth it.

So...this cream. I love Guerlain and I love a lovely, rich, thick cream, so I was inclined to like this from the start. It is very expensive, $430 for 1.7 oz., so unless you have the money to spare, I wouldn't recommend getting this over seeing a dermatologist or using something like retinol that has a mountain of research behind it. It's not going to make miracles happen, but it will moisturize. The cream itself is nice and thick, just what you expect an expensive French cream to feel like. It's also fragranced and noticeably so, I can smell it for a few minutes on my face, so steer clear if you have any sensitivities to fragrance. I used this night and day after my cleansing routine and just smeared it all over my face and neck. It feels plush going on and leaves a wee bit of grease behind, but I didn't mind. At night, no one is going to care if your face is a tad greasy and in the morning, I always put foundation on over and found that I liked the extra slip from the cream. As for results, I can say that it did not irritate my eczema, which I occasionally get on my face, and it definitely calmed down any redness I had. My face felt moisturized and I did not break out, even with the heaviness of the cream on my sometimes oily face. I used it while I was 26, so I can't say that it got rid of any wrinkles, but it might have helped me prevent some. The thing that I liked the most about this cream is that it felt very pampering and soothing. I would sometimes put on more than I usually would after a clay mask and it was just beautiful. I always woke up with calm, clear skin. Overall, it's a lovely splurge, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily worth it if you're looking for some major results. If I happen to ever have $400+ lying around ever again, I'd probably pick plane tickets over this cream.

on 12/29/2013 10:11:00 AM

I received this cream as a Christmas present. It is very expensive.
But honestly it doesn't do much. It leaves the skin soft but this is all. In rest, it clogs my pores, leaves my skin skin very greasy and gave me pimples.
Even if it is for free, I am not using it anymore.

on 9/18/2013 8:48:00 PM

I wanted to buy this cream for a long time but the price tag delayed my purchase. Finally, I bought the cream and serum from e-bay at a fraction of original price and glad I did. It really keeps my skin well moisturized. It gives a nice texture and glow. The pores are reduced as well as lines. It also depends on your expectations from a cream. I never expect a cream to erase my lines. However, I took a great care for my face since I turned 21. I don't know if it genetics or creams that I used before did their job. I always believed in good moisturizing. It very individual, one cream that works for one person may not work for another. I used to apply shiceido line when younger, then l'occitaine, then la prairie. Guerlain orchidee is my favorite now. After a long time of cream regiment, my skin probably gets used to them and stops responding, losing its texture and silkiness . Then, I know it's time to switch to another line. But not with Guerlain. After 3 month of use my skin is still plum, smooth and beautiful just like first time. I use the serum before applying the cream and works like a charm. I realized some time ago that a serum is a must before any cream routine. It provides extra moisturizing.

Wonderful anti-aging cream exceeds my expectation!

I rarely write reviews on products I bought but I had to do it for this fabulous face cream! Yes, at the price of $420 for a 1.7 oz cream is hefty and it better be delivering "Magical" results! And guess what? It DID !! I am a fashion designer; I often have to stay up late at night a lot to work on my projects. Recently I've notice my skin has lost some of its elasticity, the skin color looks dull and lack of luster also has uneven skin tons and the pores on my face looks like it's been hit by asteroids like the moon surface! So I went to Nordstrom and got 2 tubes of sample of Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream; after 2 weeks of using it morning and night, I am happy to report back to y'all this cream is like "MAGIC" ! my pores shriek it's size dramatically, my skin tone is even out and gains back the "Healthy Glow" it was lacking, and I see the slight "Drooping" look of my skin that was starting to show sing of losing its elasticity now gains visibly of a more firmed & toned appearance! I've tried a lot of different brands on the market from SK-II, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Dior, creme de la mer .... So far only la Prairie works for me but the Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream tops and exceeds my expectation!

This cream is rich but not "suffocating" ! I have T-Zone oily skin, but as I've just turned 40 years old, the skin around my cheeks, my mouth and nose area will feel dry and tight if I do not use a cream that's moisturizing enough. But most of the anti-aging cream is both too thick and oily like creme de la mer that will makes anyone who has normal to oily skin to break out! But to my surprise Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Cream is rich but not greasy, velvety creamy texture when you smooth over your skin but it absorbs quickly and leaving your skin feeling silky soft with NO sticky greasy feeling!

Trust me, go get a sample from Guerlain counter and you'll see and experience the same magic as I've with this wonderful anti-aging cream!