Weleda Almond Face Cream

Weleda Almond Face Cream
Almond Face CreamEnter Title

3.9

ALMOND SOOTHING FACIAL LOTION--used to be called ALMOND MOISTURE CREAM: Water , Sweet Almond oil, Alcohol*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Plum, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid. ALMOND SOOTHING FACIAL CREAM--used to be called ALMOND INTENSIVE FACIAL CREAM: Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Alcohol*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Prunus Domestica, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

After sampling some other "natural" moisturizers that were unpleasantly thick and greasy, I was excited by how light and fluid this looked coming out of the tube. However, it has a decidedly waxy feel once it sets and doesn't absorb well. While the fragrance doesn't irritate my sensitive and redness-prone skin, this moisturizer isn't soothing either--and, most importantly, I don't find it very hydrating. An odd product, and one I have trouble imagining being a winner for anyone, but especially anyone with very dry and/or dehydration-prone skin.

on 1/14/2017 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would like to review about this facial cream*
I have been using it for about 1month .
For reference my skin is very Sensitive, dry itchy red cheeks and small white heads at my forehead and chin.
I tried a lot of creams but none of them seem to work until i read reviews about this baby here.
I use this everyday, morning and night.
When i apply it i smell a sweet almond scent which i do like. it hydrates my skin without being to oily or sticky* it needs a bit of time to absorb but its perfect underneath my foundation.
My face doesn't feel itchy neither gets any whiteheads. It gives me healthy glow. Whenever i get a small pimple i but some of the weleda almond oil on my face and it disappears within a day. I just love the oil and this cream.
Pricewise its around 12euros for a small tube...quite high and It doesn't even look like a high end package but it is very handy for traveling. I do recommend it to everyone who has trouble with dry itchy sensitive skin like mine!

on 10/26/2016 8:45:00 PM

I've been using this for about a year, and I like it, but...I find it very pleasant to apply, I like the smell and the texture and it absorbs nicely, but it's just SO expensive. The price per tube seems low, but they are small tubes and I could probably use one a month if I didn't use a different night cream. Off to find something more economical, Estée Lauder daywear + , for example, works out cheaper for me and edges this in terms of performance, or I can forgive Astral for making me a bit shiny cos it's 99p. Sorry, Weleda, you're a false economy!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This cream has a lovely, light scent and is non-irritating to my sensitive skin. I found it a little rich for everyday wear, and ended up using it more as as a night cream, including the eye area. I have to say, it worked miracles on the skin beneath my eyes! Yes, I would buy again but hopefullu on sale.

on 11/29/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this for $21.99 ($23.99 with a $2.00 off coupon) for a one ounce tube at Whole Foods - instead of my Usually Dr. Hauschka which is $42.00. So far I like it but not as well as the Dr. H. Safe ingredient list. I have dry skin and it is winter so, so far, so good.

on 9/14/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Weleda Almond Face Cream is an average moisturiser at best. The high alcohol content of this cream may be drying in the long term. I bought the Almond Cream and the Almond Cleansing Lotion while I was having a bout of sensitive skin due to excessive washing. Both of the products calmed my skin down but in a week or so I felt my skin started to get drier. It also enlarged my pores. I would not repurchase this product as it is not a good moisturiser and quite drying even after a short while. I gave this product two lippies for the effort on Weleda's part, as the market seriously lacks natural products that aren't doused with heavy smelling, irritating essential oils which usually spell disaster for sensitive skin types like mine.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Very hydrating, broke me out a little at first but thats to be expected any time you switch skin care regimens. I stuck with it for a week and now my skin looks glowy and luminous and fresh. This seems to work great under mineral powder makeup and foundation (sometimes I mix it with my foundation to make my makeup easier to apply).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This face cream is consistently ranked as the best for sensitive skin and for purity by sites like GoodGuide and EWG. So of course I had to try it out. I have dry skin most of the year that turns combination dry/oily in the humid summers of NYC. I found that this cream wasn't moisturizing enough even in April, when the indoor humidity was over 50. Maybe it would be ok in July? It also leaves a slight sheen, but I always use blotting papers after putting on makeup so it doesn't matter that much. It does provide a nice soft, smooth surface for applying your makeup.

To make it more moisturizing, I started layering Evanhealy's Rosehip Serum (currently using the Rose one) underneath it. I layer on the serum, let it absorb for like 5 minutes, then layer on the Almond Cream. It takes a while to absorb, but my skin feels really nurtured and looks great. However, I will definitely have to use oil blotting papers after I put on my makeup.

It's great that this moisturizer is so pure and affordable, but I guess almond oil as a main ingredient isn't my fav. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, but it doesn't moisturize or absorb as well as it could either. I wish Weleda would make a jojoba oil face moisturizer.

on 3/16/2014 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was a bit skeptical after looking at the ingredients, they seemed so basic! Yet for whatever reason this cream really works. It is the best cream ever for sensitive skin that reacts to everything like mine (anything synthetic or even essential oils will set it off). Will never be w/o from now on. The cleanser is also fantastic, btw.

on 3/14/2014 12:30:00 PM

This product is one of the best facial creams I have ever used. I love the smell and the consistency of the cream. I would reccommend this cream for anyone with acne prone or sensative skin, :)