Farouk CHI Chi Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex

Farouk CHI Chi Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex

4.2

Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's by far one of the best hair products I' ve ever used. I live in an area with a lot of sun and spend a lot of time by the sea so my hair gets really dry especially during the summer. I used a small amount of this product and it did an amazing job. It made my hair very shiny and soft without leaving them greasy at all. It has kind of a heavy smell but once it is applied on hair, it just leaves an amazing scent. I absolutely love it.

on 7/8/2016 10:03:00 PM

I have fine, thin highlighted hair that is rough and frizzes a lot. I have only used this when using the Infra shampoo and conditioner so I am not sure if this product helps even more with the smoothness of my hair or if it is mainly due to the shampoo/conditioner. This does not weigh my hair down too much (though it gets a little slick and slippery) and it really smooth my ends. I use the tiniest amount so the travel size I bought should last a long time. There is no real smell and the only negative is that you can over use it easily depending on hair type. I don't think I would buy a full size of this just because I think the Infra line helps enough where this is just a bit of overkill.

To Read all 612 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/2/2016 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have thick, coarse hair that is in good condition. This styling oil did smooth my hair and tamed flyaways however it caused my hair to feel dry and brittle. It also caused my hair to break off.
Pros: Tames flyaways
Leaves hair smooth
Smells nice like male aftershave

Cons: Doesn't make hair shiny
Makes hair feel dry and brittle
Expensive

on 5/16/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This works great as a shine serum, detangler, frizz tamer and for heat protection, but I can't get past the smell. Not that it reeks, but it smells like men's cologne. Of course, that would be fine if I was a man, but I don't want to have to smell it (or like that) all day at work, or all night while I'm trying to sleep. Get it for your boyfriend if he has unruly hair and wants to smell nice, otherwise skip this one if you are sensitive to lingering fragrances.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was my first mid-priced haircare item I purchased, and worth every penny. I would put a bit on my hair before straightening, and my hair would come out straight, soft, and glossy/shiny. I loved the shine, and it seemed to last...The softness & shine was much better than drugstore serums including John Frieda, Sauve, L'oreal, Garnier...even drugstore argan oil knockoffs.

That was in 2010, and I still feel this serum is better than drugstore knockoffs, but I don't get the same amount of shine. My hair is still soft & smooth, and I have frizz control...but I do plan on splurging on Moroccan Oil & other high end serums to see if I can get greater shine.

If you use mainly drugstore items, this is a good mid-priced serum that will last a long time, & your hair will stay healthy after using heat on it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in a travel size and I am hooked! Which is almost unfortunate because the full sized bottle (6 fl. oz.) goes for about $30! However, a little of this stuff goes a long way. Use too much, and you'll likely wind up with heavy, greasy looking hair. So, use it sparingly!

I never straighten my hair without using this first! I wash and condition my hair (sometimes using the CHI Infra Shampoo and Infra Treatment that comes with my travel set, and sometimes not...turns out fine either way, I don't feel these CHI shampoo & conditioner are crucial to this process), detangle with a wide-tooth comb and then apply CHI Silk Infusion to my hair while it is still damp and let it air dry.

I do this the day before I plan to straighten - second day hair just straightens so much better, IMO. Normally, my hair is soft and manageable after this routine, so I use a heat spray and get right to straightening. If I feel it needs a little extra TLC, I add a tiny amount more of the Silk Infusion and then straighten. I always add a few drops after my hair has been straightened - it leaves it smooth and glossy.

The product itself feels like a serum - medium consistency, slippery to the touch and clear in colour. I believe it has essentially no scent...if I remember correctly. It's great as a pre-heat styling treatment, for taming fly-aways, or just on damp hair to leave it soft and smooth. Love this stuff!

Another reviewer mentioned that this stuff is comparable to more affordable, drugstore hair serums. I personally cannot agree with this. My hair is extremely hard to manage: dry, thick, prone to frizziness, wavy/curly. For someone with more manageable, finer hair, another product could do the trick. I have tried MANY drugstore brands and for my hair, nothing can beat this. If you need the heavy duty stuff, don't waste your money buying and trying all the $5-$10 serums out there; go for this!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used this for years and would not be without a bottle of it. I find that it makes my fine, dry hair soft and smooth, prevents frizz and is great as a heat protectent on days that I flat iron my hair. The scent is soft and clean but it does linger. If I use too much, my hair is flat and greasy. You just need a tiny amount of this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

amazing. I recently had an ombre done on my black level 2 hair and it felt pretty gnarly. after putting this on damp hair, my hair feels amazing now.

on 10/21/2015 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using CHI Silk Infusion here and there over the years. I recently picked up a new bottle and realized I haven't given it a review yet, so here you go.

Pros:
-Does make hair very soft and shiny...no matter how damaged/dry your hair is
-Detangles hair
-Easy to apply
-Great warm scent
-Sufficient for protecting hair from heat styling

Cons:
-Silicone serums are AWESOME for hair, thus there being so many on the market. CHI does not beat the cheaper competition. It doesn't do anything that a $10 silicone serum wouldn't. Drugstore brands CAN compete with this at a more affordable price.
-Can easily weigh hair down if you apply it to generously. Once you make that mistake... there's no undoing it without having to wash your hair. Some serums are thicker or thinner than others. CHI Silk Infusion is on the thicker side. There have been times where I applied too much and looked like a greasy, balding rat.

I put a 'yes' for repurchase only because this is a great product. As already mentioned however... there are plenty of close dupes for half the price.

on 7/3/2015 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't think I could give this up. I love everything about it. The oil is smooth and smells very clean, and sort of masculine, which I don't really mind. I love the scent of Chi hairspray, guard and this serum. Doesn't weigh my hair down, or make it oily. Gives my hair the sleek look I want. You do have to be careful on the amount you use. A little goes a long way, especially in damp hair. Good stuff :)