English Ideas Mega Primer

No Image

4.5

on 10/23/2006 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Yeah, I found this at the dollar store. Amazing primer, very fresh. Combs out nice. Not lumpy. Doesn't irritate my eyes with tiny little fragments falling out all day. Curls up nice without trouble. I'm gonna go buy up a ton and put some on here for swaps so everyone can have some.

Who knew I could love a primer this much?

OK so this entire line has ended up discontinued and at our local dollar stores. I bought this after looking up English ideas and discovering that it's a pretty good line. This makes my lashes look insanely long and thick. I was having alot of trouble with straight lashes. I tried three curlers, none of them worked. So I came across all the English ideas, so inexpensively and had to try it. It makes me look like a movie star!

I really like this eyelash primer....I recommend it to everyone..it doens't have fibers, and doesn't leave my lashes clumpy and gross. My lashes aren't too long, but thanks to this product it lengthens and builds my lashes. What I like most about this product is that it hardens a bit, so when I apply my actual mascara, it doesn't mix and get limpy. I have used Japanese Fiberwig and Dramatical eyes (both with base and fibers in them) as well as Origins Underwear for Lashes, but this is by far the best!! =)

on 9/24/2005 2:28:00 PM

This is a good mascara primer. I curl my lashes, apply one coat of EI primer, then apply one coat of whatever waterproof drugstore mascara I happen to be using at the time. It works fine for keeping the curl but for best results I still say Shiseido's mascara primer is the best on the market. Shiseido's is more expensive but I think it's a higher quality. It makes my lashes look longer and thicker.

I bought this after it was used on me during a make up session at the Sephora in Las Vegas. I loved it! It makes my lashes pop even more than with my usual mascara and curler. It also helped them look longer and healthier. My only problem with the product is that it seemed to run out quickly. I would now only use this for special events or if it seems like your lashes have been punished and they need a vacation from not being primed. Expensive, but definitely worth it's benefits.

on 5/25/2005 7:38:00 PM

This is a great product. This a great primer especially if you pair it with the mega mascara. I used to use the mega mascara with the estee lauder primer and my eyelashes would fall out. But now that i switched to mega primer, the mega mascara comes off much easier. It's very thick and makes your lashes much more lush.

on 4/25/2005 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Great secret to longer thicker lashes. I have fine, thin, medium length eyelashes and I love the mega primer. I believe that applying any kind of eyelash primer after curling your eyelashes will definitely make you loose your curl. So instead, after curling my lashes with Shu Uemura eyelash curler, I use the tip of the brush and apply it evenly to my lashes starting at the middle of my lashes to the end using the whole brush BUT never at the root of my eyelashes so I can keep my curl. I sometimes apply a second coat for even longer thicker lashes then I apply my MAC Prolonglash Mascara the same way. The Mega Primer helps me achieve longer, thicker, eyelashes. Use it with a "good" mascara and you got a great pair! I buy it over and over.

Hm. recommended by a makeup artist at sephora, but it wasn't that great. Most primers i've used, including this one, except Shiseido's, pulls out my curl. The trick is to curl your lashes, wipe the wand almost clean with saran wrap, then apply gently to the tips of the lashes. Comb out the clups, wait till it dries for about 30 secs, and then gently apply mascara. This primer worked best with my Maybelline Turbo but now that I use Shiseido's Lifting mascara and Diane Von Furstenburg's flirting glances, it doesn't seem to work well at all and simply pull out my curl. Too much work for minimal results. I will continue loooking for a good primer. By the way, I had shiseido's primer since it feels like hair gel and makes my lashes brittle and hard. Mascara applies in clumps. Stay away from both, but if you are to buy one, try the English Ideas one. I think it would work well on those with a natural curl

on 8/25/2004 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Best primer I have tried - I wish more companies would start making lash conditioning products.

Malava (Malvala) makes one, too, that I enjoy.

on 6/19/2004 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best primers I've ever used! It's a mascara primer that is white but disappers after you put on your mascara. This made my lashes look longer. Definately a good primer and infinately better than Kiss Me's primer.