63%

price range

Reviews

from

8 years ago

I bought this back in 2007 when it debuted & after I had stopped using it that summer I just found it in my makeup stash today - it still wears on my lips as gorgeous & fresh as it was then. The reason I stopped using this was that I generally reach for sheer plum lip colors (which is my go-to shade). This frosty sheer champagne nude is a big departure from my usual makeup wardrobe but looked so gorgeous when I tried it on @ Sephora that it was 100% worth buying, no regrets. Four yrs later, the product hasn't gone rancid. Still smells delicious (chocolatey cocoa butter scent), still wears true to its color, still rich creamy moisturizing texture on lips, still beautifully shiny finish, no separation of anything in the lipstick. It's been sitting in my lipstick rack for I don't know how long. Though my haircolor has changed since then, Ariel is still extremely flattering (thanks to it being very sheer & subtle) & am looking forward to wearing it a lot again. Not crazy about the color name but this shade is perfect for me - & I'm not a nude lipstick person @ all. For me this is more of a golden glossy lipbalm than a lipstick & I love its ease of use, completely mirror-free & effortless. Unfortunately the color in the picture is hideous - the real color is infinitely prettier than that ugly shade of clay & is shimmery. I'm pretty sure the High Shine line is discontinued - which is super-sad for such a great product line (I love purple-tinted Electra) & I hope I'm wrong about that (but I don't think I am). Another sad loss of a great product. $16.50 was a great price too, esp since all the other high-end l/s @ Sephora were $24+. Will definitely buy backups if I can find any.

About reviewer (709 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Kinky, Medium

1.0

10 years ago

I bought two of these at an online discount site, so I guess I got what I paid for, sight-unseen. Sometimes you get lucky like that. Other times--like now--they go in the back of the drawer. Ariel: frosty, barely-there, light pink. Natasha: frosty, barely-there, light pink. Honestly, I can hardly tell the colors apart. Natasha might be a tiny bit more cool and pale. But they remind me a whole lot of Bonnie Bell frosty lipgloss that you get at the drugstore. Not a fan. I'd expect more from a brand like Stila.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

11 years ago

Love consistency and smell and it feels really nice on your lips. However, I find it looks a bit frosty and shimmery in a way that doesn't suit me unfortunately. So basically a thumbs up - I just picked the wrong shade!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

11 years ago

Ariel is a subtle nude pink with a bit of shimmer. It's a nice alternative to a nude lippy when I'm wearing a stronger eye, as it's a bit softer and prettier. The shimmer gives it a pearlised finish rather than looking glittery. It's beautifully moisturizing and feels lovely on.

About reviewer (554 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I'm so glad I got to test this product at Sephora, otherwise I never would've bought it. I've been bitten on the backside by Stila before - high prices, barely any product (yes, Lip Glaze, I'm talking to you!). I found this beautiful, shiney but not glossy, shimmery but not glittery, sheer icey pink-mauve by accident. It's not gritty like I thought it would be and it lasts a good while. I can wear it alone or over lipstick and it always looks fantastic on my naturally light-pink pigmented lips. I own a ton of makeup and this is one of my absolute favorites. I will definitely buy this again!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

14 years ago

Ariel is a gorgeous nudish rose colour. At least on my lips with my Dior Candy Rose liner. It smells kind of minty too. I love it. I love that these are nice and moist and not too slippery.

About reviewer (1772 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2.0

14 years ago

Eh. This looked like overly shimmery nothing on my lips. Although I liked the texture--much less greasy than Clinique Butter Shines--I returned it.

About reviewer (1192 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

14 years ago

This color is a very light shimmery pink/nude. I love the texture and staying power. I think the color is a little too light for me though for everyday use... I use this with a smokey eye look and it looks great!

About reviewer (229 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

14 years ago

Finally got a chance to go to the Stila counter yesterday and saw their new High Shine lipsticks for the first time. The only shade that caught my eye was "Ariel" (a shimmery light pinky nude) ... the lipstick packaging, shape and texture is VERY SIMILAR to Clinique's Butter Shines (which I already own a couple of). However, Ariel was just too pretty for me to pass up so I bought it and wore it last night and today ... really gorgeous, it is sheer yet shimmery (and not too frosty), smooth texture and soft shine. It isn't particularly long-lasting, but I don't expect any sheer lipstick to be ... I actually think I like this one a smidge more than my Clinique Butter Shine since it seems to moisturize my lips better and not dry them out a tad like my butter shines do. Too bad this was the only shade of the High Shines that really caught my eye though ... all the other ones seemed really dark/bright/pigmented for me. But I will definitely buy Ariel again when I run out!! Really enjoying this one. *** EDIT: 2006/10/30 -- After wearing it a few more times, I think I am allergic to something in this lippie, I find my lips dry out and peel everytime I wear this :( Too bad on this one.

About reviewer (282 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

14 years ago

i bought the high shine lipstick/gloss in aida. it's a lipstick and a gloss in one! it's a slightly vanilla tasting lip balm- very moisturizing- like you are putting on a lip balm but also gives you color ( color that you can see) aida is a neutral shimmery bronzey plummy lippy color- it lights up my face. it's $16.50 but i think it's worth it and i'm contemplating what color to get next.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinNormal