Dove Dove Intensive Firming Cream

No Image

3.8

on 6/6/2016 8:24:00 PM

Is supposed to make skin tighter but that's not really how it worked out for me.
The fragrance is real nice but the results just aren't really there for me :(

on 3/18/2009 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

good body moisturizer that improves skin texture but no visible firmness. smells not so nice but worth using without having high hopes. Not expensive too.

Note: I used the gel cream

on 5/3/2007 12:29:00 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that this cream (just like any other) is not going to "firm" anything. Moisturise it does, however, and if you use it diligently your skin will probably look better. Firmer... sorry, no. As for the product itself, I bought it because it's a cream-gel formula (i.e. the euro version) and since the weather is getting warmer, I thought it would feel nicer on the body than a rich cream. It does - while it remains sticky for a moment, there is no greasy residue and it leaves skin feeling smooth. But I cannot get over the smell: I find most Dove products excessively perfumed, and this unfortunately is no exception. The strong fake floral really gets up my nose. For that reason I won't repurchase.

on 5/7/2007 10:42:00 AM

tried this on a buy one get one free. I used up the first tube and although it smelt rather strong and 'fake'it felt nice and left my legs feeling lovely and soft although more from what felt like a soft 'film' rather than soft skin. no noticeable firming.
when I started the second tube my legs went red and hot so I had to wash it off quickly. definitely won't repurchase especially now I've been spoilt by better quality products (like l'occitane.damn QVC and their TSVs!!! )

I bought this a week ago at 70% off, which is the reason I decided to give it a go. I don't have cellulite or saggy skin in general, but I have always had a saggy tummy. I recently lost weight and so had stretch marks and loose skin there. I have used this cream once a day for a week and there has been significant firming of the skin on my tummy. The cream is thick but sinks in quite well without feeling greasy. I don't like the scent, but at least it wears off fairly quickly. I have been so impressed with the cream that I have started using it on the back of my hands, and the skin there is already looking thicker and firmer. I am now going to use it at night on my neck and chest area. In the past I have used Palmers bust firming serum on these areas and although it has made the skin look better, the fragrance is extremely strong and it is a little drying. After looking at the ingredients list, I find I like the ingredients in the Dove product better. Some of the active ingredients included in this product include palmitoyl oligopeptide (just like Olay Regenerist), vitamins a, e and b5, ceramides, green tea and grape seed extract along with zinc and magnesium. Also most of these actives are fairly high up in the ingredients list, so there is a fairly good amount of actives. These are all ingredients which I have used in the past and which I know my skin likes. Red seaweed extract is also a major active ingredient. This is the first time I have used a product with this in it, but my skin is enjoying it. All in all at around $12AU (the usual price, not what I paid) for a 200 gram tube, this is a good value product. The moral of this long review - it pays to read ingredients lists and compare with what you already use.
Edit - I have been using this on my neck/chest and arms/hands with good results. The skin is definitely firmer and feels thicker, particularly on the hands. Although the fragrance is strong, it fades fairly quickly (half hour to an hour tops). I still hesitate to use it on my face, because my skin is somewhat oily and I have another moisturiser that works beautifully on my face, but if you have a tube of this lying about, experiment with using it on your face or neck. Test patch for sensitivity first of course.

on 12/25/2006 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I couln t resist buying the product after reading the reviews, and am happy with it, using my 2nd tube.. But I just realized that actually there is no Intensive Firming Cream in Europe; instead there is Intensive Firming Gel Cream, which probably is supposed to do the same job (??). Anyway, it has a very nice and light texture, smells divine, leaves my skin moistorised and smooth. UPDATE: Just came across an article about best products in 2005. This one is mentioned as one of the best drug store moistorisers, but it also says "what it cannot do is firm. even in a minor way".. how funny is that?

on 11/8/2006 4:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my little sister's HG body moisturiser. She uses the lotion from this range too, but prefers the cream. I don't use it myself, but I notice that her skin is pretty thick and incredibly firm (though that might also because she is 14), but she's got a bit of cellulite on her butt (who doesn't) and this looks like it's keeping it under control. She would definately buy again (she's been using it for 2 years now).

on 5/11/2006 12:28:00 PM

Very thick moisturing cream, the scent is very nice too. Moisturizes well the whole day and sinks in quickly, not greasy. Not sure how the firming effects are since i just got it. I will update.

on 6/4/2006 4:24:00 PM

A thick moisturizing cream that leaves a fine sticking film on skin. The scent is not bad though. I have been using this cream religiously for 5 weeks now. Haven't noticed any firming effect. Quite expensive for a drugs store body moisturizer.

I didn't think that it was possible to get rid of cellulite with a cream, but after reading the reviews I gave it a try. All I have to say is that it WORKS. Honestly, I wouldn't have believed it unless I had seen it with my own eyes. I had some cellulite (not a lot, but def. noticable) and after using this for a week, I noticed the bumbs had gone down. They are not completely gone, but it's much less obvious. I also use it on my upper arms (there is no cellulite there) and it has made my skin feel very soft and supple. It makes your skin feel very moisturized and soft. The only downside is the smell (it smells kind of like floral scented air spray) but that is a very small price to pay for such a great product. I highly recommend this cream :)