Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara
Ultimate MascaraUltimate MascaraUltimate Mascara

3.7

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

This is a review for the Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara. I am surprised nobody reviewed this mascara before. It has this gimmicky rubber brush that has a flat side and a longer bristled brush on the other side. Apparently it was 5 years in the making. The brush is bitch to use. It doesn’t get a grasp on the lashes and is awkward in several ways. It’s pretty large, which I don’t like. I takes forever to coat the lashes and get them combed out. I worked and worked, but I couldn’t get both lashes to look the same. The effect is supposed to be dramatic and is. But there are so many mascaras out there that give much better results and are quicker and easier to use. It might work for very patient people who don’t mind spending a ton of time on their lashes with unpredictable results. Ultimate mascara is a better product, just not as dramatic. But it is reliable.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My favorite mascara in the world and it's $15. I love it. it never flaked! clumps or transfers. I would call this a dupe for it cosmetics superhero lash-$30 Or they're real by benefit and it's cheaper. All mary kay mascaras are awesome. cons....you have to find a consultant. you have to wait for a consultant to order and be hounded to become a consultant. truthfully I am a consultant so I can buy my products myself. I'm not that great at selling because I'm truthful. some products are horrible some are good but not worth the price but there skin care is phenomenal. As for any of there mascaras they are top notch. I don't buy any other kind accept MK now unless I have a drug store coupon or I like to try travel size of luxe brands. but I always find myself reaching for these mascaras

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is as close as I am going to get to a HG mascara. This is reasonably priced (compared to department store and Sephora prices) and it wears BEAUTIFULLY. Application tip: BLOT the brush before putting this on- especially when brand new. The brush is fluffy, but not bulky. The formula is not wet, but not overly thick. I get really good volume and definition with only one or two coats and it layers very well. The black color is rich and true. I am especially pleased this doesn't give me raccoon eyes (even with oily skin) but it removes easily enough with a gentle cream cleanser! Mary Kay has a real winner with the Ultimate and I hope they never discontinue it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For some reason the brush doesn't work for me- like i can't get the mascara off the tightly-packed bristles and on to my eyelashes? So bizzare! I could go to the trouble of cleaning a wand I do like and using that, but that sounds very messy. I'll probably go back to a Loreal or maybelline mascara like always- there are so many varieties and the cost is much less

on 4/15/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the best mascaras I have tried, and it is cheaper than the "high brands" that I usually buy. It separates the lashes, and give you a lot of volume.

The first tube was amazing. It's not really natural though, kind of just straight not flared out. But the volume is amazing and it separates. But the second tube was terrible!!! Super sticky and NO VOLUME!!! And sticky and spiky, wire looking lashes. I check the batch code and it exist... Maybe it is a fake??

on 2/23/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wet yet clumpy...spidery crooked lashes...one coat not enough - two coats and it looks like you have exactly three lash clumps stuck to your eye...sounds fun, doesn't it? I tried to like this mascara, each day thinking I hadn't found the knack of applying it but...I give up.

on 1/24/2015 6:24:00 PM

I order a lot of products from Mary Kay and this mascara is one of them. I paid for $15 before tax. It a very great mascara. It gives volume and length to my lashes. Love it.

on 12/21/2014 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

From the first application of this mascara -- I knew I would love it. It is very black, gives nice volume and length, doesn't flake (which is huge for me), and the wand is nice for spreading my lashes out. The only con is that it can be clumpy. But I just take my favorite Clump Crusher mascara and apply that after this mascara and that takes away any clumps. But this mascara kind of makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes. It's a keeper.

This mascara is great for my long blonde lashes. The color is rich and it volumizes without too much clumping. I ran out and went back to my old favorite--loreal voluminous--and regretted it. Must buy this again asap.