Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution MicellaireEnter Title

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide
AKA Crealine H20 Solution Micellaire
Bioderma reviews, photos and discussion

on 4/21/2018 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't have a great impression of micellar water when the only one I'd tried was a $5 bottle of Simple, which didn't remove much of anything, felt filmy on the skin and broke me out. Then I gave Bioderma Sensibio H2O a try and loved it.

It feels just like water. No film, no fragrance, no B.S., just soothing. Doesn't break me out. Doesn't sting my eyes. Not irritating at all. Some eye makeup removers make contact lenses cloudy if you get the Q-Tip too close to the eye. This doesn't.

The only caveat is that it does not remove waterproof mascara as easily as Cinema Secrets Break It Down makeup remover, but Sensibio H2O is certainly sufficient for my regular non-waterproof mascaras, liners, and eyeshadows.

SO much better than Simple Micellar Water. Bioderma Sensibio is $10.90 for 250 ml on Beautylish. The baby size travel bottle is 6.90 for 100 ml and it hasn't leaked in my suitcase. Definitely worth the extra money to me.

Ingredients:

WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE.

on 4/21/2018 4:03:00 AM

This is THE cleanser. I have oily skin, wear no makeup, only serum, moisturiser and sunscreen and live in a hot, tropical country.

Before i used this, i had oily, super sensitive skin which felt tight no matter what type of cleanser I used. Except facial oil. Because i need to get the oil off my face after, i cleansed with a gel cleanser... My cheeks were also constantly inflamed, red and got to the touch.

Then, i tried this. Perfection. No redness. No blemishes. No acne. I'm also 43... No tightness. Manageable oiliness.

I've tried the other 2 - hydrabio and sebium, and my sensitive skin can now tolerate them. But i still love this the most. And i just read that it contains a toner as well... duh...

on 4/11/2018 2:55:00 PM

Love to wash my face with this one. This removes all of my makeup and it does not irritate my skin. The only bad thing I have noticed is that it makes my hyper pigmentation look more red after using. But this micellar water is so much more sensitive to your skin rather than wash your face with tap water and a soap/cleanser. This product did not break me out, and according to Cosdna it does not contain anything that could cause acne or irritation. My skin is smooth and it's not making my skin more dry or oily than normal.

on 4/8/2018 5:39:00 AM

By now everyone knows what a micellar water is, a cleanser/makeup remover designed to be easy, convenient and gentle. Before every brand started making these Bioderma was one of the most used brands.

Sensibio is Bioderma's line for sensitive skin, but that doesn't mean any cleansing ability is sacrificed. However because micellar waters are to be used with cotton pads the friction may cause sensitivity to particularly reactive skin. Unlike the two other micellar waters from Bioderma, the Sensibio appropriately does not contain fragrance and it's recommended for face/lips/eyes.

How to use: thoroughly soak a cotton pad(but not so that it drips) and wipe your skin until you don't see anymore dirt come off on the cotton(usually one cotton is enough for me). No rinsing is required, but it does leave a bit of something on your skin and I find it's best to rinse this off so that skincare penetrates better.

As a cleanser: this is the only thing I need to clean my face in the morning of oils and residual skincare from the night. No messing around at a sink is needed (though I do a quick rinse or else wipe with water on a cotton). Also perfect for the double cleanse to get any residue off from cleansing oils, and being able to see what if any leftover comes off on the cotton is a big plus. It does not sting even if I get it on my eye area.

As a makeup/sunscreen remover: it can remove lightweight makeup and even waterproof eyeliners with ease, but don't count on it for waterproof mascara or long wear foundations and sunscreen. You'd waste so much cottons and water that you might as well just do an oil cleanse, not to mention all the excess wiping on your skin. As miraculous as micellar waters may seem, they can't do everything. The ones that advertise removing waterproof makeup are usually bi-phase with liquid silicone/oil mixed in so that's a bit of a cheat and you will have slippery residue from those so personally I think you may as well just use a normal bi-phase/oil remover in the first place.

* I have seen the Lisa Eldridge video linked on this page where she uses the Sensibio to remove her waterproof mascara but when I tried it, it was a big bust. My WP mascara didn't really dissolve and in the end I still had to scrub, which ended up irritating my eyes when flakes of the mascara got in.

Packaging: Your standard toner bottle packaging, but sometimes you will find the 500ml size with a pump which is great. The cap on the pumps can break very easily though so be careful not to drop it(like I did lol). If you buy the travel size the cap doesn't come off without prying and denting it so you can't refill it.

Pricing: Now that there are so many drugstore options who wants to pay double for Bioderma, is what most people will think. Depending on where you buy it and if on sale you could get a 500ml bottle for as low as ~$15.5. I buy from Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian drugstore) when they have a bundle of two 500ml bottles for ~$31. This lasts me around a year. Is it worth it? Maybe. Read on for my comparison to the drug store equivalent from Garnier.

Garnier(pink) vs Bioderma Sensibio: The Garnier is meant to be a substitute for the Bioderma(at least in design) and is more affordable at ~$8/400ml, while Bioderma is ~$15.5/500ml(both usual sale prices for me). However the ingredients are not the same. Garnier is your run-of-the-mill micellar water formulation, while Bioderma has some extra soothing ingredients such as cucumber water and a variety of sugars which are supposed to help sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin so I can't attest to the efficacy but overall the ingredient list seems better. Both remove dirt and makeup as well as micellar water can, but I found that Bioderma was more effective(required less wiping), and it's hard to explain but the Bioderma has a better feeling on the skin and it feels more refreshing than the Garnier. Some micellar waters start to get sudsy when wiped around(which I don't like), and while the Garnier didn't get sudsy it felt like it would. I prefer Bioderma by far and continue to buy it, but I wouldn't say it's an absolute must over Garnier if you're just looking to clean your skin, especially with the extra cost.

on 3/26/2018 10:41:00 AM

This micellar water is perfectly gentle for my combination skin. It cleanses well (I never wear makeup so it's probably a fairly easy job) without drying me out. I don't need to moisturize afterwards, which has done wonders for my easily clogged pores. It's so quick and convenient! Love, love, love it!

on 3/17/2018 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The best makeup remover I've used. Doesn't sting my eyes or irritate my skin. Removes all makeup. Will always repurchase.

I’ve been using bioderma sensibo for over 2 years now, first time I saw it was on Lisa Eldridge videos, and she claims it’s her holy grail so I had to try it out for myself. Was a bit hard to track down where I could find it but on a quick trip to the UK, I went into selfridges into the pharmacy located near the beauty area and there it was! Plus they had the matching makeup removing wipes so I bought those. This product has been there for me in every situation, went to loads of music festivals in the summer and this helped take off my makeup quickly and efficiently. When I go out and come home late and just want to get into bed then I use this michellar water and then follow up with my cleanser. During the weekdays I have a set routine : Bobbi brown cleansing oil, bioderma sensibo michellar water, dermalogica special cleansing gel. This routine ensures that all the heavy makeup is removed and my skin is clear and radiant and the other products I put on my face afterward really sink into the skin and work a lot better! This is my holy grail michellar water and I’ve been buying the 500ml bottles when I get the chance to, but I do like to take the smaller ones when I travel. Also very good when doing makeup and you want to fix it : eyeliner, eyeshafow fallout, etc. buy it and try it out for yourself! Like the other reviews said, it’s not a cult product for nothing :)

on 3/3/2018 9:29:00 PM

I've been using this for eight years! I remember buying loads of these in Hong Kong back when I was still living in Asia. When I moved to Canada, I had to find out where I can easily buy it because I just can't run out of it. That's how attached I am to this product. It's the best makeup remover I have ever used and the best micellar water out there. Funny how I see so many micellar water now in the drugstore but nothing works as good as Sensibio. If you're really looking to incorporate the Sensibio (or the Sebium or Hydrabio) in your skincare routine (some replace their toners with micellar water), then it's really worth the investment. It won't gain it's cult status for nothing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

hands down. best micellar water! nothing beats this. its so gentle yet will takeoff every dirt and trace of makeup on your skin. it doesnt sting and will also takeoff waterproof mascara. the only thing is, it is expensive. here is my detailed review https://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-best-cleansers-of-brushstrokes-and.html

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Simply the best micellar water out there. I've tried Garnier, Simple, etc and none of them are as good as this. This removes makeup in one swipe! Quickly, and is less irritating on my sensitive skin. My only gripe is that this doesn't remove waterproof eye makeup, but most micellar waters don't...I wish I could buy this in stores in the U.S.! Try this!