Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution MicellaireEnter Title

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide
AKA Crealine H20 Solution Micellaire
Bioderma reviews, photos and discussion

on 6/8/2018 8:01:00 AM

This is an amazing product! I have very sensitive eyes and skin and I feel it's really safe to use. Of course, like every micellar water, I don't think it's sufficient for make-up removal, so I use it after Dermalogica's Precleanse. However, it really does its job, and my skin has been very calm since I've been using it.

Packaging is 4/5 just because it's plastic, but I don't know of a micellar water which comes in a glass bottle, so I guess that's expected.

on 5/29/2018 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like to use this when I want to take the makeup off my face but I'm not ready to do my whole skincare routine (e.g., before the gym) or after I cleanse if I had on a lot of makeup and want to make sure it's all gone. I like it but I find it to be interchangeable with the pink bottle of Garnier micellar water, which is more reasonably priced. I wouldn't use this as a stand-in for an actual cleanser + water but it is nice to have around when you don't want to make that commitment!

on 5/23/2018 3:33:00 PM

I actually tried this product AFTER trying a more budget-friendly micellar water. First off, you can get Bioderma on Amazon for $14.16 and get 16.7 fl. oz. of product. I believe I got it for even less on amazon during a sale of some sort, but it is a pretty big bottle with a pink cap.

You just dispense the product by pouring on a cotton pad and swiping it on the face. This micellar water is supposed to be good for sensitive skin and did not cause any issues for me, but I do not have sensitive skin. I have oily combination skin and wear makeup about three times a week and when I do wear make-up, it's foundation, eyeliner, waterproof mascara, and matte liquid lipstick.

I am a firm believer of the double-cleanse, so before I even use the micellar water, I have already cleansed my skin with an oil and used eye makeup remover. Micellar water gets off the very last trace of makeup for me, and it is gentle enough to use on the eyes. It causes no stinging or burning, and it helps me get rid of any stubborn mascara. It doesn't leave a film on my face, but when I use the micellar water on my lips to get rid of the last bit of red lipstick, there is a bitter taste in my mouth. The Garnier one does not have this strange taste, so I like that one better, Furthermore, the Garnier one is also less expensive and is readily available here in the US pharmacies. If I lived in France, I would be able to purchase Bioderma in stores. The Garnier micellar water performs just as well for 6-8 bucks for 13.5 fl. oz and does not leave a bitter taste or film. (Pink bottle.)

Bioderma performs just as well as everyone says. It totally gets rid of makeup in a gentle and non-drying way, but the price point isn't competitive for me. I'll stick with Garnier.

on 5/23/2018 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to not like this, but it's great.
It's so expensive though and I have yet to find a cheaper dupe for it. It is a very fluid, single phase micellar water that really does remove most makeup. I have rosacea skin and there is no stinging or irrigation. In terms of strength, I have a bit of problem with some asian mascara but honestly there are no words for how gentle yet effective this is. Give it a try.
It's for sure better than anything drugstore you will try, and the gentlest. It is much better than the all of the Garnier and Simple ones. (More gentle and better cleansing)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using this when I lived in Hong Kong. It used to be difficult to get in the US, but no longer. I love the smell, the gentleness (no stinging), and that it removes makeup while cleansing my face. I have tried cheaper versions of this but they don't cleanse as well (Garnier, and Marcelle) and don't seem as gentle, so even though this costs more, I'll continue to purchase.

on 4/27/2018 6:05:00 PM

I have sensitive acne prone skin and I needed something to use at the gym to wipe my face down after a workout. This product was very drying, left my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable, and stung any dry patches. Pretty disappointed. I have had much better success with the garnier pink bottle for sensitive skin.

on 4/21/2018 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't have a great impression of micellar water when the only one I'd tried was a $5 bottle of Simple, which didn't remove much of anything, felt filmy on the skin and broke me out. Then I gave Bioderma Sensibio H2O a try and loved it.

It feels just like water. No film, no fragrance, no B.S., just soothing. Doesn't break me out. Doesn't sting my eyes. Not irritating at all. Some eye makeup removers make contact lenses cloudy if you get the Q-Tip too close to the eye. This doesn't.

The only caveat is that it does not remove waterproof mascara as easily as Cinema Secrets Break It Down makeup remover, but Sensibio H2O is certainly sufficient for my regular non-waterproof mascaras, liners, and eyeshadows.

SO much better than Simple Micellar Water. Bioderma Sensibio is $10.90 for 250 ml on Beautylish. The baby size travel bottle is 6.90 for 100 ml and it hasn't leaked in my suitcase. Definitely worth the extra money to me.

Ingredients:

WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE.

on 4/21/2018 4:03:00 AM

This is THE cleanser. I have oily skin, wear no makeup, only serum, moisturiser and sunscreen and live in a hot, tropical country.

Before i used this, i had oily, super sensitive skin which felt tight no matter what type of cleanser I used. Except facial oil. Because i need to get the oil off my face after, i cleansed with a gel cleanser... My cheeks were also constantly inflamed, red and got to the touch.

Then, i tried this. Perfection. No redness. No blemishes. No acne. I'm also 43... No tightness. Manageable oiliness.

I've tried the other 2 - hydrabio and sebium, and my sensitive skin can now tolerate them. But i still love this the most. And i just read that it contains a toner as well... duh...

on 4/8/2018 5:39:00 AM

By now everyone knows what a micellar water is, a cleanser/makeup remover designed to be easy, convenient and gentle. Before every brand started making these Bioderma was one of the most used brands.

Sensibio is Bioderma's line for sensitive skin, but that doesn't mean any cleansing ability is sacrificed. However because micellar waters are to be used with cotton pads the friction may cause sensitivity to particularly reactive skin. Unlike the two other micellar waters from Bioderma, the Sensibio appropriately does not contain fragrance and it's recommended for face/lips/eyes.

How to use: thoroughly soak a cotton pad(but not so that it drips) and wipe your skin until you don't see anymore dirt come off on the cotton(usually one cotton is enough for me). No rinsing is required, but it does leave a bit of something on your skin and I find it's best to rinse this off so that skincare penetrates better.

As a cleanser: this is the only thing I need to clean my face in the morning of oils and residual skincare from the night. No messing around at a sink is needed (though I do a quick rinse or else wipe with water on a cotton). Also perfect for the double cleanse to get any residue off from cleansing oils, and being able to see what if any leftover comes off on the cotton is a big plus. It does not sting even if I get it on my eye area.

As a makeup/sunscreen remover: it can remove lightweight makeup and even waterproof eyeliners with ease, but don't count on it for waterproof mascara or long wear foundations and sunscreen. You'd waste so much cottons and water that you might as well just do an oil cleanse, not to mention all the excess wiping on your skin. As miraculous as micellar waters may seem, they can't do everything. The ones that advertise removing waterproof makeup are usually bi-phase with liquid silicone/oil mixed in so that's a bit of a cheat and you will have slippery residue from those so personally I think you may as well just use a normal bi-phase/oil remover in the first place.

* I have seen the Lisa Eldridge video linked on this page where she uses the Sensibio to remove her waterproof mascara but when I tried it, it was a big bust. My WP mascara didn't really dissolve and in the end I still had to scrub, which ended up irritating my eyes when flakes of the mascara got in.

Packaging: Your standard toner bottle packaging, but sometimes you will find the 500ml size with a pump which is great. The cap on the pumps can break very easily though so be careful not to drop it(like I did lol). If you buy the travel size the cap doesn't come off without prying and denting it so you can't refill it.

Pricing: Now that there are so many drugstore options who wants to pay double for Bioderma, is what most people will think. Depending on where you buy it and if on sale you could get a 500ml bottle for as low as ~$15.5. I buy from Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian drugstore) when they have a bundle of two 500ml bottles for ~$31. This lasts me around a year. Is it worth it? Maybe. Read on for my comparison to the drug store equivalent from Garnier.

Garnier(pink) vs Bioderma Sensibio: The Garnier is meant to be a substitute for the Bioderma(at least in design) and is more affordable at ~$8/400ml, while Bioderma is ~$15.5/500ml(both usual sale prices for me). However the ingredients are not the same. Garnier is your run-of-the-mill micellar water formulation, while Bioderma has some extra soothing ingredients such as cucumber water and a variety of sugars which are supposed to help sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin so I can't attest to the efficacy but overall the ingredient list seems better. Both remove dirt and makeup as well as micellar water can, but I found that Bioderma was more effective(required less wiping), and it's hard to explain but the Bioderma has a better feeling on the skin and it feels more refreshing than the Garnier. Some micellar waters start to get sudsy when wiped around(which I don't like), and while the Garnier didn't get sudsy it felt like it would. I prefer Bioderma by far and continue to buy it, but I wouldn't say it's an absolute must over Garnier if you're just looking to clean your skin, especially with the extra cost.

on 4/11/2018 2:55:00 PM

Love to wash my face with this one. This removes all of my makeup and it does not irritate my skin. The only bad thing I have noticed is that it makes my hyper pigmentation look more red after using. But this micellar water is so much more sensitive to your skin rather than wash your face with tap water and a soap/cleanser. This product did not break me out, and according to Cosdna it does not contain anything that could cause acne or irritation. My skin is smooth and it's not making my skin more dry or oily than normal.