Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser

Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser

3.8

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Honey Extract (Mel), Fragrance, Plantago Ovata Seed Extract, Tetrasodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Disodium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Yellow 6, Red 33

on 9/11/2017 9:37:00 PM

I would never be without this. I always repurchase and I always have little travel-size samples to take with me on trips. I love the smell and the texture -- I don't use it every day, but when I do, it never dries out my skin.

This water is refreshing, smells good and cleans the face well but leaves a sticky residue, i would prefer another package because it drops a little each use, a pump dosifier might be good, a little expensive , a jumbo size would be greater

on 10/15/2015 4:29:00 PM

I wish I could justify keeping stock of this product, I really do. But I just can't.

First off - it smells delicious. It has a really nice peach scent which smells so fresh and clean. I keep thinking if Clarins would release a toner with this fragrance I would switch to it without a doubt.

However as a functional cleanser I just don't think it done enough to prompt me to switch from the Clarins Pure Melt Cleanser that I currently use. Of course they are two completely different products - but at the core of it their purpose is the same and I will be sticking to my tried and trusted.

If what you are looking for is a gentle cleanser, perhaps just something to refresh skin rather than do a full cleanse then this is definitely one I would consider - and if in future I find that is something that I need I will definitely look into repurchasing.

I think perhaps in the summer it'd be a nice product to keep cool in the fridge and use to cleanse sweaty, oily skin.

on 2/13/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My mother gave me this because she doesn't like the smell of the stuff (crazy woman!) and to be quite honest, I didn't expect much. I've always thought of Clarins as a boring, aged brand that lacks innovation.

This cleanser surprised me though. As opposed to the heavy creamy product that is often sold as cleanser, this is a cleansing water. Oddly refreshing. The peach water scent is delicate and subtle, denoting somewhat of a luxurious feeling.

It is by no means a HG product but it did its job well. It removed the majority of my makeup with one 'sweep' but it struggled with my gel liner and mascara. Thus, I probably won't be going out of my way to repurchase but I will use up the remainder of the bottle.

on 10/10/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin: Combination, sensitive, dehydration and break-out/clog-prone. Tends to react to essential oils/fragrance (eczema/redness and burning).

Like other reviewers, I got this as a GWP as I don't really look much into Clarins' skincare. However I did really end up liking this. I prefer to use an oil cleanser (SoftyMo White) but on days when I'm wearing light make-up a micelle water is way simpler. .. I saturate one cotton and this removes all my eye make-up and face make-up. My usual micelle water is Bioderma so how does the Clarins stack up?

Bioderma SensiBio vs Clarins One Step - Clarins is obviously fragranced (though it smells nice and no irritation for me after 1/2 a bottle finished, scent does not linger on skin), Clarins feels more moisturizing and can leave a slight residue but not annoying, Bioderma literally feels like water whereas Clarins feel more like a hydrating toner would - *but* I always follow with a regular foaming cleanser and would never leave any brand of Micelle cleanser on my skin so this doesn't bother me. I don't see a huge difference between the two aside from price and fragrance but I will most likely stick with Bioderma since I prefer no smell and it is a better value coming in huge bottles. Both remove mascara and face make-up including water-proof brow gel, eyeliner, TM/foundation etc

I would recommend this is you don't wear super heavy make-up, want simple make-up removal and don't mind the scent.

on 10/9/2015 11:42:00 PM

I always feel like I'm throwing money out the window when I purchase this product.... BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. I blame it on smell, perfume-y peachy, and also I love imagining how clean my skin is after I swipe it all over my face- even if the main ingredient is .... water.

Because it's so expensive though, I do expect it to perform and personally I think it does. I've stopped using any cleansing soap or oil in the morning and replaced it with cleansing water before following my daily regime of serums and moisturizer. I personally think it's better and less drying, as skin should be fairly clean from last night's scrubbing instead. In all, I've had to deal with less flaky skin and because this is gentle, I don't break out.

Buy this if -- you like expensive water, and want an alternative to cleansers.

on 10/27/2014 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This cleanser did an O.K. job of removing my makeup. My skin is dry and this left my skin feeling dry. Fortunately, this was part of a GWP.

on 11/25/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When I purchased my Clarins skincare products I got this an a sample. I love the smell instantly. And for someone who can get a little lazy with skincare this water was a god send, its gentle but got the job done. Its a little pricey but totally worth the money

on 8/19/2014 3:50:00 PM

This was really soothing for me at a time when I had bad breakouts and dehydrated skin. I started using this in combination with the avene moisturisers and serum and within two weeks all of the flakiness had disappeared and the spots were healing fast. As a few others have mentioned this does leave a slight sticky feel on the skin but this is gone within a couple of minutes. I think there are other products out there which would last longer for the price. I do think this is too expensive given that an average sized bottle only lasts me a max of 2 months when using day and night.

I wanted so much to like this cleansing water because I love peaches scents and I like clarins skincare but this product was a complete fail for me... the only good thing was the peaches scent... I hate the sticky feeling after using it and I believe that other miscelar waters ,such as bioderma, remove better the make up from my face. It is also very pricey, around 27 euros if I remember correctly, so I will never ever repurchase it!