Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser

Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser

3.8

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Honey Extract (Mel), Fragrance, Plantago Ovata Seed Extract, Tetrasodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Disodium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Yellow 6, Red 33

on 2/13/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My mother gave me this because she doesn't like the smell of the stuff (crazy woman!) and to be quite honest, I didn't expect much. I've always thought of Clarins as a boring, aged brand that lacks innovation.

This cleanser surprised me though. As opposed to the heavy creamy product that is often sold as cleanser, this is a cleansing water. Oddly refreshing. The peach water scent is delicate and subtle, denoting somewhat of a luxurious feeling.

It is by no means a HG product but it did its job well. It removed the majority of my makeup with one 'sweep' but it struggled with my gel liner and mascara. Thus, I probably won't be going out of my way to repurchase but I will use up the remainder of the bottle.

on 10/15/2015 4:29:00 PM

I wish I could justify keeping stock of this product, I really do. But I just can't.

First off - it smells delicious. It has a really nice peach scent which smells so fresh and clean. I keep thinking if Clarins would release a toner with this fragrance I would switch to it without a doubt.

However as a functional cleanser I just don't think it done enough to prompt me to switch from the Clarins Pure Melt Cleanser that I currently use. Of course they are two completely different products - but at the core of it their purpose is the same and I will be sticking to my tried and trusted.

If what you are looking for is a gentle cleanser, perhaps just something to refresh skin rather than do a full cleanse then this is definitely one I would consider - and if in future I find that is something that I need I will definitely look into repurchasing.

I think perhaps in the summer it'd be a nice product to keep cool in the fridge and use to cleanse sweaty, oily skin.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/9/2015 11:42:00 PM

I always feel like I'm throwing money out the window when I purchase this product.... BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. I blame it on smell, perfume-y peachy, and also I love imagining how clean my skin is after I swipe it all over my face- even if the main ingredient is .... water.

Because it's so expensive though, I do expect it to perform and personally I think it does. I've stopped using any cleansing soap or oil in the morning and replaced it with cleansing water before following my daily regime of serums and moisturizer. I personally think it's better and less drying, as skin should be fairly clean from last night's scrubbing instead. In all, I've had to deal with less flaky skin and because this is gentle, I don't break out.

Buy this if -- you like expensive water, and want an alternative to cleansers.

I wanted so much to like this cleansing water because I love peaches scents and I like clarins skincare but this product was a complete fail for me... the only good thing was the peaches scent... I hate the sticky feeling after using it and I believe that other miscelar waters ,such as bioderma, remove better the make up from my face. It is also very pricey, around 27 euros if I remember correctly, so I will never ever repurchase it!

on 11/25/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When I purchased my Clarins skincare products I got this an a sample. I love the smell instantly. And for someone who can get a little lazy with skincare this water was a god send, its gentle but got the job done. Its a little pricey but totally worth the money

on 10/27/2014 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This cleanser did an O.K. job of removing my makeup. My skin is dry and this left my skin feeling dry. Fortunately, this was part of a GWP.

on 8/19/2014 3:50:00 PM

This was really soothing for me at a time when I had bad breakouts and dehydrated skin. I started using this in combination with the avene moisturisers and serum and within two weeks all of the flakiness had disappeared and the spots were healing fast. As a few others have mentioned this does leave a slight sticky feel on the skin but this is gone within a couple of minutes. I think there are other products out there which would last longer for the price. I do think this is too expensive given that an average sized bottle only lasts me a max of 2 months when using day and night.

Waaaay too over perfumed. Really irritating to the skin. Shame- smells amazing but that's not really the point of skincare!

I think this stuff is great. I discovered cleansing waters awhile back and have used Koh Gen Do and Bioderma for sensitive skin (liked both), and now, Clarins. It smells good, isn't very expensive, works and doesn't dry out my skin, not even my eczema. I am actually more inclined to buy this again over the Bioderma because the Bioderma dried out my skin, but the Clarins does not. I also really like the delicate "peach water" scent. It makes it seem quite lux. An important thing to note about cleansing water, though, is that it really is just a cleanser. It'll take off your makeup and that's it. If you're looking for something to clean out your pores, like an oil cleanser would, or tone, this is not that. I use cleansing water on days when I am super tired and want to just swipe, swipe, splash water, tone/treat, moisturize and hit the sack. When I have more time/energy or am showering, I usually use an oil cleanser and then cream cleanser, but this cleansing water is one of my go-tos for tired evenings. I like it a lot and would definitely recommend it for makeup removal.

EDIT 4/16/2014: I dropped this down one star because I found YSL Toning and Cleansing Water, which is an actual two-in-one product that works. It cleanses AND tones. I do still like the Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser for makeup removal in the winter, but the YSL kills two birds with one stone. If you have a toner you love to bits and must use that after makeup removal, then I would suggest the Clarins, otherwise, the YSL does it all.

on 10/23/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm happy with it. I use this for morning cleanse only. With a pad from DHC. Sometimes I spray my face first with the Avene mist.... then wipe my face with a pad with this comfort cleanser. It's a simple, easy thing for morning for me and it doesn't strip my face.. leaves it moist and comfortable. I've gone through a few bottles of it. When I run out of this morning cleanser I alternate with the Koh Gen Do cleansing water.. using it the same way.