NARS Night Bird

No Image

3.4

on 7/2/2009 10:27:00 AM

I don't know what all of this negativity is about...this color is totally awesome! I am wearing it right now and it looks smokin hot. Sure, you might not be able to see the purple specks on my eyelids the way you can in the pan, but it is still shimmery and sultry looking. It looks great in the crease and as an eyeliner. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I'm digging it.

I love the Night bird color!! Its true, the purple does not really show up... it just looks like a dark grey to black. However, it looks beautiful on my Asian eyes, it makes it pop. Nars did a great job with this eyeshadow

on 8/2/2004 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The shimmer doesn't show up no matter what I do. Unless you're going to do a black e/s, save your money.

on 2/5/2005 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't buy this for the purple shimmer/micro-glitter, but for the beautiful grey color. I love to use this for a smokey eye, and when used wet the glitter really shows up. I'm glad I purchase this and would probably repurchase.

This is an item I never would have tried had not the NARS MA pulled it out to use as a liner. I didn't think it seemed right for me at all. It's basically a very dark grey (nearly black) with purple flecks. She insisted that the purple flecks don't come up hardly at all and what she really wanted was to line my eyes with pure grey. Guess what, she's right. No hint of purple flecks on me. She actually paired this liner with Bohemian Gold which I also didn't think would work - but it did. It is a pretty contrast between the warm taupe/peach and because it's not black it's not harsh. I normally use a brown liner with taupe/peach but I was surprised how nice it looked with grey. Go figure. I think this color would also look wonderful paired with pinks and purples, thereby making it useful in my collection - not something I would only wear occasionally. In summary, makes for a beautiful grey liner but if you are expecting the purple flecks to jump out, it just didn't happen to me. Try it first....

At first a was a bit dissapointed with colour because the purple shimmer didn't really showed up, but then i really liked the nice grey hue--perfect for smoky eyes or as a liner

on 1/30/2004 1:12:00 PM

This eye shadow is a dark grey with plummy pink shimmer. The night series look *SO* beautiful in the pan but I wish the shimmer would show up a little better. I got this e/s in my NARS Holiday 2003 palette and it is a great shade to create a smoky eye look with. I also noticed that the shimmer shows up a lot better when the eye shadows are used wet.

on 11/11/2003 4:07:00 AM

Ooooh, I'm loving this colour. It's a beautiful muted charcoal blackish-grey infused with a beautiful plum-purple glitter. Divine for a sultry smokey eye, with a teeny bit of sparkle.

on 2/16/2004 1:35:00 PM

Beautiful color. I wasn't always a fan of NARS e/s...some seem poorly pigmented and chalky to me. Not this one! Silky smooth, good cling, and what a color!
This is the only purple I can wear! It's really a charcoal with a purple frost, just a gleam really of purple. Very sexy color, great for the smokey eye look. Worn with Notorius (a slate gray) this is a great look. It made me look again at NARS e/s...and realize they are not all the same formula.

Even though I love NARS shadows...I don't like this one too much. I could not get the sparkles to show up at all and it just looked like any other purple/grey shadow. *sigh*