NARS Sparkling Loose Powder Machu Picchu

NARS Sparkling Loose Powder Machu Picchu

4.4

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Gorgeous loose powder, suitable for fair to medium skin tones.

I have used this powder alot and it is just gorgeous, it is Nars so is a quality product and it goes on perfectly.

I have used it on all three of myself, daughters and a cousins daughter who are as follows:
Mac NC20 / NC27 / NC30 / NW27

Gorgeous Shimmer pigments and smooth as silk finish. No caking or loose particles, lovely!! It can give you a full or light cover depending on your application.

I apply with a stipple Brush (MAC #187 Duo Fibre Brush) in a circular motion for an airbrushed look.

Packaging:
~~Nars Black rubber look box, and they give you 2 types of sifters for more choice which I thought was great.

Price:
~~ I got mine on ebay for an absolute steal at US$ 14.99 but I have only seen it on there a few times. Most of the time it is around the $35 - $45 mark. Nars powder is available at Mecca in Perth, Western Australia but for the price of around $85 - (as always with Mecca, I love you but ouch!! ) I have to say that I absolutely would pay the full $70 for it if i couldn't get it anywhere else though, it is just gorgeous and a little goes a long way so it does last a long time!

on 9/24/2009 9:32:00 PM

I love the powder, hate the packaging! This is a perfect, shimmery powder with super tiny gold flecks, absolutely stunning when used as a body highlighter. I wore this on my arms, back, and chest on my wedding day, and so have all my friends after! It gives a wonderful, subtle glow when the light catches it, and is not super obvious - no big pieces of glitter here! This is just teeny tiny gold flecks and the perfect amount of shimmer to not look garish - just elegantly glowing. I also loved that it is just sparkle as opposed to bronzer with sparkle - a must for those white wedding dresses (I was afraid of brown rub off with any type of bronzer). My only complaint? It makes a MESS! The sifter does not help anything, I don't even use the powder puff (I use a huge powder brush, perfect for brushing it on the body), but this makes a big puff of powder each and every time I close it. It's horrible for travel. I just usually take my big brush and sweep up all the excess on the outside/sides of the container and use the lid as my swirl/tap area (just like with BE). I have used this on people with all different skin tones, from the palest pale to super dark and it looks gorgeous on each and every person. Just make sure to not use excessively on dark skin or it will look a bit powdery - just buff it out with a brush and it gives a wonderful golden shimmer. I have not used this on my face as it makes such a mess for me, so I save it for special occasions.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Elegant shimmer is how I would describe this. I actually got this free at a recent trip to Neimans but I would buy again if I needed to. I would imagine this lasting me forever! I haven't used on my face but used as a body shimmer. It blends in beautifully and is not over the top like most shimmers I have come across. It is a yellow toned color, not beige, which can ash me out pretty good. I haven't tried as a highlighter because I am in love with Albatross but I intend to try this soon! Packaging.. If I have the sifter in and the poof it came with, the box will not shut all the way. Its not a big deal to me really, because I keep it on a dresser all to itself. Since its not a snap case I wouldn't even think of putting it in a bag to spill all over. I am happy with it and reach for it almost daily now.

on 1/17/2008 1:07:00 PM

This is an extremely sparkly powder that I do not reccommend using all over you face. If done sparingly it is beautfiul as a highlighter on the cheekbones over blush. However, one day I made the mistake of taking the advice on Sephora's website to mix it with my moisturizer, which I rubbed all over my face. Then went to work and my face looked like a disco ball. It was horrible. My advice is to use it as a highlighter or on your body. Trust me.

on 11/11/2007 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this powder all over my face and it gives me the most wonderful glow when my skin is looking dull in the winter. I don't use foundation everyday anymore -- just moisturizer and concealer on dark spots and around my eyes, and surprisingly this powder evens out my whole complexion without making me look like I have makeup caked on. This powder also soaks up oil without that ashy white powder look. The one drawback is that the sparkles really show up when the sun is directly on my face like I put glitter everywhere, but the sparkles don't show up indoors at all, or when you're outside in a shady place.
I have oily, acne-prone, Asian skin. I find that no powder ever sops up my oil all day long (I can use 5-6 oil absorbing papers in the middle of the day) but this cuts down the oil significantly. So far I've had no breakouts, and the yellow-gold of the powder blends really well with my skin color (I usually use Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage-2 or LM Nude Tinted Moisturizer to give you an idea).
The packaging can get a bit messy. I stuff the powder puff right over the dispenser holes and then put the cover on top to cut down on the loose powder falling out when traveling. I would buy this again, but I don't think I'd ever run out since there is so much. I even like this better than the Laura Mercier loose powder, and I love Laura Mercier products. You pretty much can't go wrong with any NARS powder.

I love this for a subtle highlighter just on my cheek bones.
It looks great over Laguna, in my opnion.
I just dot a little circle and go.

on 10/31/2007 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought a sample size of this online just to try out and I am torn about it. I love the finely milled texture and the subtle sparkle, but I find that I must use it like a highlighter, sparingly and not on my whole face. It generally works better on my skin in the winter to add a bit of golden color, in the summer it looks too shiny.

Very natural looking, but still special, Looks great as a highlighter on cheekbones and browbones, as well as collarbones.

on 8/7/2007 12:49:00 AM

Lovely Product! Whenever I go out for the night, I always powder this on my arms, legs, and decollete. It is a lovely tan shimmer, and the sparkles are in such a concentration to be noticeable, but small enough to be sophisticated, not tacky. I rarely get compliments, but the first time I wore this, I got quite a few (yay!). After that, I was hooked. HG, anyone? If you are looking for a nice shimmery powder to wear, this is definitely the one!

on 9/7/2007 2:12:00 AM

Rave reviews, I didn't like it. The name says it's all, it's sparkling, I wouldn't use it as a everyday finish powder, shimmer is very visible, for an expensive brand looked vulgar to me. I exchanged it for Laura Mercier loose powder - excellent, lasted whole day long in the trip to Las Vegas(105 degrees), gave smooth, natural finish and just beautiful skin and if you want to add a bit extra shimmer, sophisticated glow, buy super cheap Wet&Wild blush in Naive for $3- check the reviews. I use it together, go figure and it works great!