3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I wanted to leave this review to help anyone who suffers from acne in deciding to use this foundation or not. My skin type is combination but tends to be more dry when I use foundation even though I moisturize so my skin tends toward the dry side. I had also tried the combination version of this makeup but found it to be drying. I tend to get acne on my chin area as well as forehead but this foundation made my acne worse and my skin developed clogged pores all over. This foundation was amazing for the first month or so I used it and it did not make my skin oily but it also did not dry out my skin. If you are not acne prone and are looking for a good foundation for dry skin I do recommend this but would also say to moisturize and use a primer beforehand. It does stay on extremely well and blends well. I also found the color to be perfect. It feels good as far as moisture is concerned. Although it does give good coverage and looks good after awhile it made my skin break out terribly and develop cystic acne on my chin. I know it was this product because I did not change anything else and also once I stopped using it it did get somewhat better. If you have dry skin but are acne prone I would not recommend this because it will cause pores to clog and acne to form. I think it partially is because of its long lasting power but overall I do not recommend this for anyone slightly prone to acne.

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Pros: -Matte finish -Good staying power -No strong or bad scent Cons: -Lightest shade too dark/orange for my skin -Accentuated peach fuzz badly -Looked patchy/uneven -Sticky & hard to work with (I used a Real Techniques sponge) -Accentuated dry patches I'd hoped that I would at least sort of like this makeup, but there's no way I will ever put this on my skin again, as it just looked terrible on me (see the cons listed above). I used my Real Techniques sponge--damp, of course--to apply this, as foundation brushes generally accentuate any dryness on my face. I did not use a primer under this. The foundation I got from Sephora before trying Revlon Colorstay is the Dior Airflash, which I also apply with my Real Techniques sponge and no primer underneath. I wanted to give a fairly highly-rated drugstore foundation a chance, as Airflash is $62 a pop. Yeah, kill me. Airflash looks stunning on my skin. Revlon Colorstay did not look good AT ALL. Even if I could find a way to make ColorStay look as flawless as Airflash, it wouldn't matter because there isn't a shade that matches my skin tone.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I've head such high hopes for this foundation since pretty much every single person I've met with oily skin has raved and raved about how this is supposed to be the best foundation ever. However, based on my experience, this foundation for me was an absolute disaster and nightmare. I have combination - oily skin, and this foundation broke me out immediately after I started using it. And by break outs I mean huge pimples line up on my forehead, which has ever never happened to me before. Also I would like to mention that this foundation absolutely does not like "skin", and it's not because I use too much product on my face. No matter how much product I use, it always ended up looking cakey and very unnatural. The lasting powder was fairly decent around the 6 hour mark for me - I started getting oily after 6 hours but that's pretty normal for me, and the coverage it gives to my face was excellent, it did cover most of the hyperpigmentations and acne scarring on my skin. Overall I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone who has sensitive and acne prone skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

6 years ago

GUESS WHAT LADIES!!!! BEST Tip Ever: Maybelline dream mousse liquid foundation's pump fits onto Revlon colorstay!!! You can just keep reusing it... I prefer not to dump Revlon colorstay into an empty bottle, that wastes so much product? I'd rather just find a reusable pump. And this is your answer right here ^^!!! Allow me to summarize the pros and cons from all the reviews and my personal experience... I am in my mid 20s and have combo /oily skin for reference and use the combo/oily colorstay... Pros: - almost full coverage -amazing lasting power (min.6-8+hrs) -has sunscreen - minimizes appearance of pores and diminishes redness - 80-90% will repurchase out of 1500+ ppl - doesn't really oxidize (massive perk), shake before use! -no transference, this bad boy hugs ur skin like no tomorrow - didn't break me out, kept my oiliness at Bay for few hours, looks more matte -color range is wide, could have more selection for darker skin shades in some stores grr -widely available Cons: - no pump, lots of product gets wasted (solution: listed above^/or use ur own empty bottle and pump) - work fast, because it can dry fast sometimes if left sitting on top of skin especially... (apply with a warm damp sponge, fingers, or fast buffing techniques) ON HYDRATED SKIN, DRY SKIN =HARDER TO SPREAD... PRETEND UR USING LIQUID CLAY /CEMENT.. You heard me.. That's why it's good for us oilies, u don't want to add oil to your already oil producing skin, you want to HYDRATE your skin, look for water-based lotion/moisturizer before u apply or what the heck dilute it with a tiny dab for convenience in product's spread-ability/emollient properties -price point, for a drug store brand and a miniscule amount and no pump.. this stuff goes quick and cost alot... Even with a pump it should be cheaper,the price has inflated because of its popularity in past couple of years - pictures: you can notice a lighter cast or reflection from the sunscreen -can look cakey, less is more with this!!! - removal takes a good cleanser/longer to fully remove all layers Overall: I would repurchase, it stays on, doesn't budge or transfer, it's several customer's Holy grail product... And if used sparingly and quickly it can look as smooth as butter! I'm an NC40 and can use either 320-330 shades, after I apply it I will wait a minute and dab gently with a fine tissue to remove floating sebum (oil) .. This sets the foundation for a longer duration and then follow it with a powder to set it! **I am a certified Laser Technician /Medical Esthetician /Skin Specialist... Educating clients truly outweighs any sales to me.. Good luck!! Ps. If you sort the reviews for this product by most helpful you will notice some awesome reviewers have listed color match and ingredient lists, application preferences, pump suggestions such as Clinique moisture surge light as well!

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

6 years ago

Awesome long lasting foundation! Looks good on photos.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I have been using this liquid foundation since it first came out. I have very oily skin with lots of acne scarring. I'm in Natural Tan (NC 42-45 range in MAC). My sister says It just looks like my skin as the day goes on. This stuff totally ROCKS! You can swim in this, I go to the gym straight from work with makeup on and it doesn't budge. I sweat right over this stuff and it doesn't run, doesn't transfer. I shower at the gym and walk out with this stuff still on!! Of course, I don't aggressively rub my face in the shower and let the shampoo drip down my face. This stuff doesn't come off until YOU remove it with a wipe or clairsonic/olay brush. No problems with breaking out or clogged pores. I will continue to use this stuff as long as they continue to make it.

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

6 years ago

This used to be my absolute favorite but after I tried the covergirl outlast foundation, I don't like it as much now. I'm still giving it four stars because of the great coverage and lasting power of the foundation, but I hate how this dries so fast, which makes it impossible to blend! Also, although this has great coverage, it's not as good as the covergirl one. And of course, the crappy packaging is one of the reasons why I don't like this as much. I will continue to use this bottle but I might not repurchase since I found my new holy grail!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

This is my go to foundation. I haven't found a shade that works perfectly so I combine two. Has good coverage, buildable, stays all day, and is pretty inexpensive.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

Pros: Good coverage, good lasting power, affordable, good color range, formula for dry or combo-oily skin, available in many places,matte finish (if you are looking for that). Cons: Tends to accentuate dry patches or flaking, can feel heavy if not careful, when applied with hands it is harder to blend (feels like it is sitting on top of your skin) and could feel oily, packaging has no pump. Overview: I do enjoy this product, I have combo and sensitive skin that is also acne prone and I have been using this foundation for the last 6 months at least and so far no breakouts or irritation. I prefer to blend it with the beauty blender, because when I apply it with my hands it can feel heavy, a litte greasy and seems to be sitting on top of my skin highlighting my pores. Less is more with this foundation and with the right blending tool (sponge or brush) can look great. I wish it came with a pump for sanitary reasons and also for a better control of the dispensed amount. You need to moisturize your skin previously because it can accentuate dry patches or flaking and throughout the day it can absorb the moisture from your already dry zones slightly. The lasting power looking good, on me, is aproximately 6 hours, then the next 3 hours it looks ok and the last 3-4 hours looks still there but showing some redness and with oily t-zone. For me, that is really good compared to other foundations that fade way faster. I use the tone Buff and I wish it was a little more yellow-toned for me. Overall a good foundation used with the proper tools, affordable, good availability. I recommend it and I will continue repurchasing it.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

mm this is my secind day using this foundation and i really am liking it. the coverage is great. and when it says 24hrs it means 24hrs!! it has a really ggood finishing look lol and also um to take it off since it has a strong coverage you should remove your makeup and then wash your face to take of the extra makeup :)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure