3.5

price range

Reviews

from

13 years ago

A fresh, bright and fruity floral. The orange notes come across the strongest for me. It's not the longest lasting fragrance but it's beautiful for a hot summers day. My bf loves this one. Would buy again for the warmer months.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

14 years ago

This reminds me of a cheaper made EL Instuition with a hint of Clinque Happy haphazardly thrown in. I haven't even bothered to look up the notes to this. Smells like pollen, lilies and some badly done orange. Along with something that smells very similar to a blooming weed found in the midwest called moon weed or gympson weed. True Star Gold isn't overtly strong and doesn't produce much sillage. This lasts a long time on my skin. I really cannot enjoy this. Not really orginial at all.

About reviewer (744 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

14 years ago

A very pleasant perfume, based around floral and citrus scents, wonderful for summer or spring. I tend to like light, fruity fragrances, and find that work well with my personal chemistry. I find True Star Gold to be fresh and vibrant, but it fades very, very quickly. One good spritz of most perfumes leave me smelling pleasant (but not overpowering) for the better part of the day, but just an hour or after applying this one, it seems to be just about gone. I find this disappointing as I would like the scent to linger. However, as for the smell of the perfume itself, I give it high marks. The bottle is rather tacky though, with the bright pink glass and gaudy gold cap, but that doesn't matter much. Fans of perfumes like Clinique's Happy would probably enjoy this.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2.0

14 years ago

Ew, too strong and citrusy on me!

About reviewer (246 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

14 years ago

I was given a paper slip with this scent sprayed on it and left the store without buying the perfume. The next day I had to go back and buy it because I could not get the scent off my mind. I love it. It is light, but smells so wonderful. It is citrusy, but feminine. I will definitely make this a part of my fragrance collection from now on.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

14 years ago

I like this one - Not a HG or anything, but it is like a light lemony floral. I would wear this to a wedding or to chruch or of I just wanted to smell nice. Not too heavy or cloying...just right. Don't know if I'd buy a huge bottle, but it is good enough to buy a small bottle or swap for some.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesBlue

14 years ago

i was not a fan of the original true star and was surprised that this smelled like the original true star with a hint of lemon and cucumber. although i love citrusy-floral scents there was a bit too much citrus and not enough floral. this doesn't smell good enough to be my HG but it definitely will be a summer scent for me.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone