3.8

price range

Reviews

2.0

4 years ago

Beautiful for the 60 seconds I can smell it. One of the most fleeting fragrances ever.

About reviewer (763 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

6 years ago

This is a well constructed perfume made with quality materials but it failed to grab me. Osmanthe Yunnan has top notes of peppery citrus and a heart of tea and osmanthus. The osmanthus has a delicious apricot like quality-- not lush syrupy fruit but cooler, floral, and almost unripe. The milky tea accord calls to mind Bvlgari The Rouge and contrasts nicely with the slightly astringent osmanthus. There are interesting touches of suede and the suggestion of musk in the base. Overall, Osmanthe Yunnan has an airy and fresh impression with a delicate floral feeling. It's pretty and chic but for some reason I just don't find it compelling. However, if you're looking for a novel floral that's light and fresh, do give it a try.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

At first, this fragrance smelled somewhat sharp and citrus-y, but that changed quickly and it became a warm, complex, subtle scent. On my skin, I can definitely smell the leather, which gives it a sophisticated and elegant personality. A definite winner.

About reviewer (602 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

The taste of tea leaves, diffused through the perfect cup, provides a backdrop, a role uncannily similar to oakmoss' in a chypre, green and quite dry, but with a bland toasted-rice delicacy quite its own—its transparency fully satisfies the modern taste for subtlety. The murkiness of tea, ever so slightly smoky, is illuminated by a brief flash of aldehydes and a citrusy tang, not sustained long enough to feel sharp, just so that the first spritz feels delightfully refreshing, its luminosity held aloft by a milky cloud of osmanthus petals and the lingering afterimage of velvety apricot skin. The same structural triangle functions in Guerlain Mitsouko: dark and bitter oakmoss base, bergamot flash, rose and peachy lactone heart, only Osmanthe Yunnan substitutes novel, nontraditional accords (for all the consonance of ideas, they don't smell alike). Normally, to describe a perfume as inoffensive is to damn with faint praise, and a full bottle is not unlike being caught in incredibly nice smalltalk without a single flight into despicable, despicable originality. But, suppose a sticky hot summer day, crowded office, incoming deadline, and a broken AC, what you need is something pleasantly discreet that also manages to lift your spirits: Osmanthe Yunnan! Somewhere between the two extremes mundane pretty and self-consciously unusual, this is somehow brilliant, which is rare, and yet entirely unaffected, which is even rarer.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

It was love at first "sniff" when I tested this lovely scent at the local Hermes store, however the price makes me think twice! Since then I can't stop thinking the lovely scent which still linger in my mind, the scent is so zen...it's tea leaves and with a hint of fruitiness. Finally I discovered the traveller's set which consists of 4 x 15ML Hermessences fragrance, without hesitation I bought it!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

9 years ago

Osmanthe Yunnan calls to mind the fresh, serene aspects of China's Yunnan province, a region famed for its pristine (and fragile) natural beauty. However, I read on the Hermes website that Osmanthe Yunnan was inspired by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena's trip to the Forbidden City in Beijing. Having spent a lot of time traveling China, I am a bit confused by Ellena's quote, and I think that Osmanthe Yunnan much better reflects the quiet natural beauty of rural Yunnan rather than the heavy and polluted air that hangs over the Forbidden City in the center of Beijing. I'm not sure how Hermes managed to get China's crowded capital and one its poorest, most remote provinces confused. Those matters aside, Osmanthe Yunnan is a unique and minimalist fragrance, sweet, subdued, and still refreshingly exotic with notes of tea and apricot. It smells like the most luscious, pure tea served beside a citrus grove. I think it is one of the most interesting Hermessences fragrances. Despite my generous sprays, it does not progress much on my skin and disappears quickly. But it is a must-try if you love tea notes or are looking for an unexpected, subtle fruity fragrance. Notes according to Osmoz: Yunnan tea, orange, osmanthus, freesia, apricot

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

10 years ago

On me, this opens exactly like insect repellent, no nice way of saying it. After about ten minutes however, I get a sheer peach and tea accord, not sweet but very nicely done. This is very summery. I can see why people like it. Given the bad opening coupled with the mild headache it gives me, I would not purchase. I also concur that the lasting power is very poor.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrown

10 years ago

Ahhhhh... My perfect "tea" scent, what can I say? Tea is my favorite perfume note so I probably smelled everything available out there. I really enjoy many tea scents, but this beats them all. Usually there are green tea scents, Bvlgari Au Vert followers with less character, or strong and exact ones like CdG Leaves: Tea or L'Artisan Tea for Two, which can be not so easy to wear especially in hot weaher. Osmanthe Yunnan suprised me but in a good way. It's light, bright, tart fruity opening (yessss I do smell apricots or dried aprictots!!!) is just beautiful and light, then here's what is my favorite part of Osmanthe Yunnan... The most beautiful, tea heart of the fragrance, I have ever smelled! It's a rich Yunnan, high-end tea with just a hint of milk and sugar... The most "true" but delicate tea smell and I enjoy it so much I could keep smelling it 24/7, really! The most brilliant part of this fagrance? It's delicate like a light, silk dress but lasts and lasts for a long time on my skin! Really next to Brin de Reglisse it's a MUST-HAVE for me and I cannot to wait til full bottle arrives just in time for hot spring/summer days!!!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

10 years ago

Beautifully light - Osmanthe Yunnan is fruity without being sweet. A bit of tartness in the opening (probably the orange) with the tea quitely blended in the background. Gorgeous floral that's great for spring/summer. I love every note in this scent - it's perfect. I would never want to be without Osmanthe Yunnan.

About reviewer (249 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

10 years ago

I fell for the wonderful descriptions and reviews of this scent, just got my decant today and it does smell nice in the vial, but I smell absolutely nothing on my skin, not in the beginning and not later. Very weird, I have never encountered anything like this in a scent. I've heard of light, but this is ridiculous. If it works on anyone, I'm sure it's lovely though.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age44-55