Renee Rouleau Anti-cyst treatment

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

2.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ethyl Lactate, Ethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 7/21/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased their Luxe Mint Cleansing Gel, Skin Recovery Lotion, Anti-Cyst Treatment and their BHA Clarifying Serum. Their products shipped on time, and they have a 45-day return policy. Unfortunately, I didn't see this in time, or I would have returned almost everything except the Anti-Cyst Treatment. However, it only works withing a window of time, when the cyst is just forming (when you feel it surface) and it will somewhat stop it from growing (works better on small cyst rather than large ones). The cleansing gel feels like it does nothing, although it has a nice feel/smell. The lotion and serum smell very medicinal, and the lotion just dissipates after a few hours. I have not given the serum a real chance since I recently have been experiencing cystic breakouts from getting off the pill and I have been treating my skin delicately and carefully. I had high hopes for this product line since it was pricey to ship to Canada and since I had heard so many positive things, but I won't be a returning customer; maybe it's just not for me.

2 lippies because this just did not work for me. Mario Badescu's Buffering Lotion is way better and costs less than half the price. I had to ship this all the way from USA (I live in Asia) and the shipping costs + product price was just too much to warrant me buying another bottle. Also, the pump for some reason tends to leak product even though I replace the transparent cap after every use. Product dispensing-wise, I find one pump dispenses too much product for one spot, and I have to consciously use half a pump if I only have 2-3 spots to treat. This thing does not heal cystic acne completely either - I find it just reduces the inflammation temporarily, but the exact same pore will flare up again in a month or two. It's not a long term solution. In addition, it doesn't act as quickly. The cystic acne healed only slightly faster than it would have without any product, but I should add that it did not cause it to be more inflammed like some other reviewers have experienced. Everybody's skin is different - as much as I had hoped this would have been Holy Grail (as it is for many people), it just did not work for me. Will definitely not repurchase.

on 12/18/2013 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Woke up with a painful cyst just beginning to form on my forehead (yay) and I recently purchased this just in case. Applied it this morning after my shower so it's still too early to say if it's working. Will report back in 24 hours after tonight's application.

Edit: on my third application 24 hours later and there is no change, still red and super painful. Will keep using and hope for miracle.

Edit: 5th application this morning and no change. Doubt I will continue to use. Will never buy again.

on 1/31/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a godsend. I don't suffer from cysts often but when they do hit every six months or so, they're horrible, as they are for everyone. This speeds up the healing process greatly - the biggest thing I noticed that the cysts did not hurt as much as they typically do, and they came to a head much faster. This is great for killing an existing cyst, but I find that a paste of turmeric and honey applied overnight is AMAZING for getting rid of scarring from dead cysts. It's expensive, but for the effect it has, I'd buy it a 100 times!

EDIT: I'm bumping this down one lippie after about 6 months of usage. I've noticed that this does not fully cure a cyst - it only suppresses it. I can usually feel a tight knot under my skin wherever I've used this, and only a treatment like sulfur has FULLY cured my cysts. However, I still think this is a good product in the war against cysts!

on 12/5/2010 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm in my mid-thirties and still having issues with acne. As I've gotten older, I've become more prone to the large, painful cystic acne. It flares up around my chin & jawline during my time of the month. These zits can last for about a week or even longer. I've never found a product that helps with this sort of breakout until now. Once I feel that I am getting a large, cystic pimple, I put a dab of Renee Rouleau's treatment on it in the morning and in the evening. It always dramatically reduces the size and the duration of the pimple. It ocassionally dries out my skin at that area, but most of the time the pimple will disappear without me having to do anything to it. I love this product... it has been a life saver for me! I will definately purchase it again!

on 12/28/2005 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for a week now and I can honestly say that I am pretty disappointed. While it has helped shrink my cyst, just a tad, it hasn't done anything for the redness or the pain. Since I've only used it for a short time, I will give this product the benefit of the doubt and continue to use it. I will post a follow-up review in a couple of weeks.